The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 19th June)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 19th June)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Neighbours Bradford City have signed promising centre-back Paudie O'Connor on a three-year deal.

The 21-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan with the Bantams

Bradford say they struck a deal for O'Connor as part of a "long-term agreement" with Leeds.

Thoughts?

That was not the only bit of transfer news yesterday!

Jack Clarke has wiped Leeds Utd off his bio on his social media accounts!

That can only suggest one thing!

North London beckons - I just hope we have a sell on clause!

Following this, Wolves winger (and well known Leeds target) Helder Costa started following Leeds on Instagram!

If Costa signs, how much of a coup will this be for Leeds?

Will it be a loan or a permanent deal?

Is Costa better than we have at the moment?

Do Leeds need players to exit before they can bring anyone in?

Birmingham City have sacked Garry Monk after 16 months in charge.

The former Elland Road gaffer was relieved of his duties after at altercation at the Blues’ Wast Hills training base.

It was well known that Monk had locked horns with the Birmingham City owners on many occasions!

Monk - full of self importance or undervalued as a Manager?

If Monk was still in charge of Leeds today (assuming he had the same investments as Bielsa) where would we be today?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 19th June)

Post by HarryofOz »

Hi EB
Bradford say they struck a deal for O'Connor as part of a "long-term agreement" with Leeds.
I cannot, for the life of me, work out what that means.

There is no way Clarke is going. Noel Whelan clearly stated that by slapping a big price tag on him we were being greedy, and had no chance of selling him. So it cannot be happening.

Never seen Costa play

Monk goes through jobs quicker than a Trump tweet.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Thoughts?

Possibly we have first option to buy him back in the future and possibly we will also send other players there on loan as unlike at other clubs our player actually played matches.

Jack Clarke North London beckons - I just hope we have a sell on clause!

Looks like it is a done deal. Hopefully we get a good deal regardless of if it has a sell on as these are only useful if the player is actually sold at some point - we are still waiting for Danny Rose and Kaspar Schmeichel to be transferred so our sell on deals are activated. If they never move then we get nowt.

Following this, Wolves winger (and well known Leeds target) Helder Costa started following Leeds on Instagram!
If Costa signs, how much of a coup will this be for Leeds?
Will it be a loan or a permanent deal?
Is Costa better than we have at the moment?

Would imagine it would kick off our incoming deals as we should get a decent amount up front for Clarke. Don't know much about Costa but seems like a decent player and we could do with a pacey winger with a real goal threat. Not fussed over whether it is permanent or a loan as if he does well then a permanent deal would have been the best option, if he doesn't do well then at least at the end of the loan deal we can wave goodbye without owing him a couple more years of wages.
Likely he is better than we have at the moment or at least a very good option if we are looking to rotate through 3 or 4 wingers

Do Leeds need players to exit before they can bring anyone in? Yes

Birmingham City have sacked Garry Monk after 16 months in charge.
Monk - full of self importance or undervalued as a Manager?

I do think Monk has an over-inflated level of self importance. He has done okay at clubs but nothing exceptional.

If Monk was still in charge of Leeds today (assuming he had the same investments as Bielsa) where would we be today?

I think the season after we finished 7th with Monk we would have done much worse as we sold Chris Wood and Charlie Taylor. It is hard to see us replacing the goals that Wood scored. Without those goals that season (i.e. if we scored 10 less) we would have been mid table.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

O'Connor.

Good luck to the lad, did ok when he played for us, hope he does well.

Clarke.

Cant agree with selling Jack Clarke, nope, not for me, its another sale of a very talented youngster that will imo look very stupid in a few years (if it happens). I really hope we keep him and sell someone else if we have to.

Sell Clarke before being able to buy.

Not so sure about that, i actually think it could be worse then that. Radz wont run the club at a loss, Radz wont cover the losses, before we can think about buying players we have last seasons rumoured £15mil loss to cover, thats where Clarke money would go imo. Horrible feeling that Clarke going wont be the end, Clarke money covers last seasons loss then we have to sell someone else.

Costa.

I'd be pleased and excited if it was a permanent, but for a loan (unless we have an option to buy would be underwhelming) If it goes well and he does well and we get up we have improved an asset for Wolves that would have had a value increase, if it doesnt then we have paid for nothing.

Talent wise very happy with Costa, deal wise for a straight loan, no.

Monk.

Birmingham are a s**t show, whatever we think of Monk he did a great job there under the circumstances. Be interesting to see how Pep does as he seems favourite and a lot of us thought he was the brains.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »