The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 14th June)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 14th June)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Kalvin Phillips is desperate to stay at Elland Road, and wants to sign a new contract, according to Leeds pundit Noel Whelan!

“I know Kalvin is desperate to stay at Leeds. I’ve spoken to his agent, who told me he’d love to stay at the club. There is no hiding that. The club need to put their money where their mouth is.

I have no doubt Marcelo Bielsa wants Kalvin Phillips at the club, and they need to show him that he is wanted by the club. He is away on holiday at the minute and, hopefully, when he comes back, he can agree a new deal. He is a Leeds boy who loves the club.”

Leeds have made an official approach to Liverpool to take Ryan Kent on loan next season.

The 22yo England Youth International netted six times with nine assists for Scottish Giants Rangers.

He was names Rangers Young Player of the year, PFA Young Player of the year and was selected for the PFA Scotland team of the year.

He played 43 times!

According to the Italian media our first Summer signing will be 21-year-old midfielder Michael Folorunsho.

He plays for Serie C team Virtus Francavilla.

Following the leak, Serie A club Bari have also thrown their hat into the ring, but it looks like the youngster is bound for West Yorkshire!

Strangely, this would be a Radrizzani signing, not Orta!

A fee of £225,000 is believed to be agreed!

It looks like Stoke City are lining up a move for Burnley and former England Keeper Joe Hart, once Butland is off their books!

Would you rather have Hart or Casilla?

Casilla or Peacock Farrell?

What about out of favour Saints keepers Fraser Forster or Alex McCarthy now that Alex Gunn has the No1 jersey at the St Mary's Stadium?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 14th June)

Post by weasel »

Kalvin Phillips is desperate to stay at Elland Road, and wants to sign a new contract, according to Leeds pundit Noel Whelan!

“I know Kalvin is desperate to stay at Leeds. I’ve spoken to his agent, who told me he’d love to stay at the club. There is no hiding that. The club need to put their money where their mouth is.

I have no doubt Marcelo Bielsa wants Kalvin Phillips at the club, and they need to show him that he is wanted by the club. He is away on holiday at the minute and, hopefully, when he comes back, he can agree a new deal. He is a Leeds boy who loves the club.”

His agent is going to say that. Although I bet his agent will be trying to orchestrate a move to get his commission on a player that had little value last summer.

Leeds have made an official approach to Liverpool to take Ryan Kent on loan next season.

The 22yo England Youth International netted six times with nine assists for Scottish Giants Rangers.

He was names Rangers Young Player of the year, PFA Young Player of the year and was selected for the PFA Scotland team of the year.

He played 43 times!

Don't really know anything about him

According to the Italian media our first Summer signing will be 21-year-old midfielder Michael Folorunsho.

He plays for Serie C team Virtus Francavilla.

Following the leak, Serie A club Bari have also thrown their hat into the ring, but it looks like the youngster is bound for West Yorkshire!

Strangely, this would be a Radrizzani signing, not Orta!

A fee of £225,000 is believed to be agreed!

I don't get this suggestion that it is a Radrizanni signing. Hardly like he is going to sign a player that Orta or Bielsa wouldn't rate. Seems that just because the player is Italian it is a Radrizanni signing. Again don't know anything about him but could be potentially a great player or might be useless.

It looks like Stoke City are lining up a move for Burnley and former England Keeper Joe Hart, once Butland is off their books!

Would you rather have Hart or Casilla?

Casilla. The first thing Guardiola did at City was axe Hart from the starting line up. Hart simply cannot play the sweeper keeper role and is well past his prime as a keeper as well.

Casilla or Peacock Farrell? Casilla. Not even close.

What about out of favour Saints keepers Fraser Forster or Alex McCarthy now that Alex Gunn has the No1 jersey at the St Mary's Stadium?

Don't know id either of them can play the sweeper role. Both are decent keepers.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Needless to say I'll be over the moon if Kalvin remains at ER by signing a new Leeds contract.

As Weasel says no doubt KP's agent will be looking to significantly increase his own personal bank account.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Casilla for me too
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

My son’s meeting up with Kalvin’s best mate today they all went to school together so fingers crossed I may have an update later
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Hi EB et al?

A Serie C player? Hmmmm. Oh well, will wait and see how good he is if we sign him.

Joe Hart broke the tradition of England having top quality goal keepers. He wasn't terrible, but well below the traditional standard of goalkeeping in England.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Morning All,

I am going to start by say I HATE the close season.
All the speculation about who we might be signing and who might be leaving does my head in.
The sooner the season is here and we know what the squad is, good or bad, the better as far as I'm concerned.

If clubs really are offering 14 million for Kalvin Phillips, the club will sell I'm pretty sure of it.
Whether we can get someone of similar quality to fill his position remains to be seen.

I don't know anything about Ryan Kent, his accolades from last season seem to suggest he is decent but is he likely to force his way into our best eleven?
More likely a squad member.

Michael Folorunsho becomes the first of this summer's 'never heard ofs' to be linked with us.
Surely if he was any good, the top Italian sides would be chasing him?

Casilla over BPF all day long but I'd have Fraser Forster over both of them.
McCarthy may have lost his place to Gunn at Southampton but there's no way they will let him go.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
ash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ash »

Phillips needs to stay. I hope I am correct in saying that I cannot see MB sanctioning his sale. But FFP could well be an issue this year.

Not bothered who scouts or signs any given player. Our academy is the envy of many, and young players can see that the team at TA can develop them into much better players.

BPF has stated he wants game time or wants a move. He is not ready to be number 1. Maybe he will develop, maybe he wont. I suspect his bluff is going to get called sooner rather than later.
The original TWAT. The one and only real TWAT.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

So Kalvin is currently in Barbados with his girlfriend, so hasn’t spoke to the boys for a couple of weeks, anyway he wants to stay and has told his agent that, so if it’s up to him he’s staying but at the end of the day it’s down to the club if they want to sell him.
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He's not burning his bridges is all that is...Hands up if anyone expected him to say he can't wait to get out of Leeds and get paid a lot more money? ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

This time last summer strong rumours were the club were trying to sell Jansson and Vieira.

Vieira confirmed he didnt force a move, quite the opposite, Jansson also confirmed he decided not to leave.

Somebody will be going, Jansson, Phillips, Clarke or Roofe, at least one.

If the club decide to cash in i strongly suspect the player will not have much choice, had Vieira not gone then Jansson would have.

Someone is going, imo the deciding factor will be who the club can cash in on first.

Its also why i think Vieira and Jansson were sidelined a bit under MB, he was told they would be sold and to prepare accordingly.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm not sure Roofe is on that list tbh, we may sell but if we did I don't think it would be to a Prem club. It'd either be in division which would be stupid in my opinion, giving one of our rivals a top class championship striker. (He'd probably rip our defence a new one as it stands,) or maybe Rangers/Celtic or a European country without being one of the top 4 leagues
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wouldn't surprise me if Roofe goes, had a decent season, probably available quite cheap, could see a lower end Prem side taking a punt as a backup.

Whether Roofe would want to be a backup who knows but Villa for example could pay him his £30k a week no bother.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Let's hope for a bit of common sense all round and Roofe to remain where he ought (and needs) to be.