Key Man Departs

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Key Man Departs

Post by Cjay » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:22 am

:( :( :(

Any news Phil?

YorkshireSquare
Site Admin
Site Admin
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Key Man Departs

Post by YorkshireSquare » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Gutted!

:( :cry:
Formerly Shields53

Help the site by making your Amazon purchases through our afiliate link.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:44 pm

To be honest I lost a lot of respect for him with the way he reported and kept referring to 'Spygate' as Spygate. Writing for Leeds fans he should have not referred to it as Spygate.

He also then showed his ignorance for understanding football by still blaming Casillas for the first Derby goal.

Most of his 'in the know' links about transfers are about as reliable as many of the 'journalist's with less credence.

As such good riddance and hopefully the YEP will hire someone who knows about football - although no doubt they will promote one of the other 2 muppets that work for them.
Senor El Weasel

ash
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by ash » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:02 pm

weasel wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:44 pm
To be honest I lost a lot of respect for him with the way he reported and kept referring to 'Spygate' as Spygate. Writing for Leeds fans he should have not referred to it as Spygate.

He also then showed his ignorance for understanding football by still blaming Casillas for the first Derby goal.

Most of his 'in the know' links about transfers are about as reliable as many of the 'journalist's with less credence.

As such good riddance and hopefully the YEP will hire someone who knows about football - although no doubt they will promote one of the other 2 muppets that work for them.

This. :tup:
The original TWAT. The one and only real TWAT.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Don't think I ever really paid any notice tbh. I thought he was just another poor pundit.

Irish Ian
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Irish Ian » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:32 pm

Only downside of this is that it will take a few years for whoever replaces him to build close relationships inside the club.

So in the short term a few less stories for YEP to post and for us to read.
"We can wait for the next game with serenity"

"I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it"

Marcelo Bielsa.

hector

Post by hector » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:23 pm

Irish Ian wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:32 pm
Only downside of this is that it will take a few years for whoever replaces him to build close relationships inside the club.

So in the short term a few less stories for YEP to post and for us to read.
But the accuracy of his stories and transfer deals were no better than the chancers on news now, who also know bugger all about the club and football.....
:tup: “There comes a time in every mans life when he must do what he must do :wink:

So I tell the wife when she tells me to get off my arse and do some work. :(

Irish Ian
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Irish Ian » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:55 pm

Just been reading some of his twitter feed, it seems there are many, many Leeds fans who will miss him.

Seems like he has landed a decent gig elsewhere.
"We can wait for the next game with serenity"

"I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it"

Marcelo Bielsa.

ash
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by ash » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:18 pm

The big love in on Twitter made me want to puke. Leeds fans behaving and reacting like teenagers losing their first love. Yak
The original TWAT. The one and only real TWAT.

Advertisment