Pablo Hernandez

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:01 pm I didnt ask, but thanks for telling me :)

Do think PH needs using more sparingly though and he hasnt hit the heights of previous seasons.
You asked "Who is his ideal deputy? Shacks? Roberts?"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:07 pm You asked "Who is his ideal deputy? Shacks? Roberts?"
Check again :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Re: Player Profile : Pablo Hernandez

Post by 1964white »

With Kalvin gone, Pablo our classiest attacking player stepped up to the plate :clap:

Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 08.52.38.png
Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 08.52.38.png (171.77 KiB) Viewed 4236 times
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Watched his interview, he looked wrecked.

He played well second half.

There is still something about the Harrison, Klich, Pablo and Costa lineup that isnt right, but it is hard to figure.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Irish Ian wrote:Watched his interview, he looked wrecked.

He played well second half.

There is still something about the Harrison, Klich, Pablo and Costa lineup that isnt right, but it is hard to figure.
There's nothing wrong with the lineup if they stuck the good chances away and converted 1or 2 half chances. For that reason we continue to leave the door open for teams to rob us near the end which very nearly cost us again yesterday and has done on so many occasions.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

1964white

Pablo Hernandez

Post by 1964white »

Gave us the class we needed at the start of both halves.

We miss Pablo when he's unavailable, still irreplaceable

Screenshot 2020-02-29 at 18.41.03.png
Screenshot 2020-02-29 at 18.41.03.png (46.81 KiB) Viewed 4102 times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pablo back to his best of late

Pulls the strings & makes us tick 8-)

Screenshot 2020-03-07 at 18.27.45.png
Screenshot 2020-03-07 at 18.27.45.png (234.09 KiB) Viewed 4036 times
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:31 pm Pablo back to his best of late

Pulls the strings & makes us tick 8-)

Screenshot 2020-03-07 at 18.27.45.png
I don't wanna be negative Nelly because we're playing unbelievable right now and I love these Stat posts but I thought he was quite poor today... A quarter of his passes werent successful according to those stats which sums up how many times he gave the ball away!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

That nutmeg he did in the penalty area was sensational. If he had have scored then it would have been goal of the season for me.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:21 pm That nutmeg he did in the penalty area was sensational. If he had have scored then it would have been goal of the season for me.
Brilliant wasn't it just, that's Pablo for you :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:40 pm I don't wanna be negative Nelly because we're playing unbelievable right now and I love these Stat posts but I thought he was quite poor today... A quarter of his passes werent successful according to those stats which sums up how many times he gave the ball away!
So 8% unsuccessful passes of his 69 is poor :shock:

We are a poorer team without him, Pablo must be a nightmare to mark as he is all over the pitch
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Your math is shocking 64, he missed as Dan says on 25 % of his passes. Also thought he was off his game early door, allowed himself to get robbed 2/3 times and some wayward passing, much better second half..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Pablo is so good, today he was decent by his standards
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:26 pm Your math is shocking 64, he missed as Dan says on 25 % of his passes. Also thought he was off his game early door, allowed himself to get robbed 2/3 times and some wayward passing, much better second half..
All about opinions, you'd notice a difference if he was unavailable as would his teammates

Most touches because he's everywhere on the pitch, must be a nightmare to mark
Most successful final third passes
Four successful long passes
Three successful take-ons
Two chances created
Three tackles

Not exactly redundant was he?
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

I didn't mean with my earlier post to criticize him, I mean he definitely brings something to the team that nobody else does and has been extremely influential in recent weeks - just imo I noticed today his passing was quite sloppy at times (to lose the ball once for every 3 times you actually find a team mate is quite a lot at this level!) - but hey, it's hard to criticize anyone when we're playing this well as a team!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

hector wrote:keep the old sod...
first team player (to start each match, and come off after 60 ish mins)

From what I have seen it would be better to start him after 60 minutes. The game is too fast for him at the beginning, but against a team that is tiring when the pace is slower and he can find space to move then that is when the magic clicks in

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

rab_rant wrote:From what I have seen it would be better to start him after 60 minutes. The game is too fast for him at the beginning, but against a team that is tiring when the pace is slower and he can find space to move then that is when the magic clicks in

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Quite right Rab, his influence when the other team is tired is bound to be more effective after 60 mins than it is from the start. However, if we're cruising a game at 60 I wouldn't bring him on at all, he needs looking after.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

danhirons wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:31 pm I didn't mean with my earlier post to criticize him, I mean he definitely brings something to the team that nobody else does and has been extremely influential in recent weeks - just imo I noticed today his passing was quite sloppy at times (to lose the ball once for every 3 times you actually find a team mate is quite a lot at this level!) - but hey, it's hard to criticize anyone when we're playing this well as a team!
The main difference with Pablo's passing stats is often he is looking for the killer ball and as such it is far less likely to come off then for example Cooper passing it sideways 10 yards to an unmarked White. There was a moment yesterday where the ball came to Pablo and he tried to pass it first time in front of Bamford. The pass was atrocious but if it had come off Bamford would have been clean through on goal. Now Hernandez could easily have brought the ball down to get it under control and then pass but if he did that then Bamford has to hold his run to avoid going offside and the chance is gone. Or Pablo could have brought the ball down and played a simple pass, got his stats up but again the chance is gone.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:47 am The main difference with Pablo's passing stats is often he is looking for the killer ball and as such it is far less likely to come off then for example Cooper passing it sideways 10 yards to an unmarked White. There was a moment yesterday where the ball came to Pablo and he tried to pass it first time in front of Bamford. The pass was atrocious but if it had come off Bamford would have been clean through on goal. Now Hernandez could easily have brought the ball down to get it under control and then pass but if he did that then Bamford has to hold his run to avoid going offside and the chance is gone. Or Pablo could have brought the ball down and played a simple pass, got his stats up but again the chance is gone.
Also Pablo is on the ball more often than any other player on the park with defenders tracking his every move as the opposition know how dangerous he can be.

Reading various championship forums I often read from opposition fans "stop Hernandez & you stop Leeds"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I feel that we are relying on him alone for creativity less than we used to. It used to be that if he was out, we looked devoid of ideas, but now several other players are involved in creating attacks. Klich, the wingers, Ayling, White, Dallas, Phillips, Bamford, all can create. Pablo's vision for the killer pass is also being emulated by Klich, Harrison and Costa.