Player Profile : Kalvin Phillips

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Player Profile : Kalvin Phillips

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm not advocating selling any of our players, they'll all play much better a second season in the system.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:56 am Me too Dezzy :tup:

Phillips is one of those marmite players.

I travel with around 90 fans home & away & I don't know anyone who would want to get rid of one of our stars of the season, KP is highly regarded by all, love to see one of our own perform consistently at a high level

I'm not his only fan :lol:
I'll say it again and please don't answer with the Bielsa argument. I was one of the few sticking up for Phillips last season when everyone said get rid. Similarly I'm not calling him god like and worth 20M this season, my opinion hasn't changed he is and was then a good footballer with a decent ceiling in need of another season or two to begin to fulfill potential.

He's still learning the position and for me at times that showed and the other issue is he lacks the pace to get out of errors. Once he learns the position completely he won't need the pace because his positioning and football IQ will improve
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I see general chat has gone and we're now Leeds United chat...is there a reason for that?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:18 pm He's still learning the position and for me at times that showed and the other issue is he lacks the pace to get out of errors. Once he learns the position completely he won't need the pace because his positioning and football IQ will improve
Lets hope KP's learning curve is under the guidance of Marcelo
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:19 pm I see general chat has gone and we're now Leeds United chat...is there a reason for that?
I'm in the dark for the reason of the change Faaip :duno:
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:10 pm I'm in the dark for the reason of the change Faaip :duno:
Ditto

( I know ....... cop out) :)
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Kalvin Phillip's has been reinvented to some degree under Beisla and really stepped up and out of himself .Delivering an all round midfield game full of tenacity ,passing movement & cover for others around him. Though I'd want him weighing in to with Goals .. that if he wants to be the Complete footballer is necessary for me.
He is a saleable asset & I hope he is retained if course.
Last season I'd rate Kalvin an 8.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:05 pm Lets hope KP's learning curve is under the guidance of Marcelo
Agreed would hate to see him go
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Opinions so far !

Retain as our DM

Move on

Average Rating

ash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ash »

Retain. One of, if not the, most improved players last year. He will get better.
The original TWAT. The one and only real TWAT.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I didn't score it

Retain obviously and I am a fan, always have been

Score for this seasons body of work is an 8 for me. This is not an average of MOTM scores it's a score for the whole season. If it were an average score it would be around a 7
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Opinions so far !

Retain as our DM

Move on

Average Rating