QSI In Talks With Radz (Phil Hay Update)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

QSI In Talks With Radz (Phil Hay Update)

Post by Cjay »

According to the Financial Times Qatar Sports Investments have been in contact with Radz for a while about a possible investment.

They also report that other interested parties have expressed an interest.

This isnt to say anything will happen.

Crucially QSI have not denied this which suggests on some level a conversation has/is taking place.

Surely not another TOMA?

May come to nothing but this report is international news now.

Ben Jacobs is sceptical but he has admitted the fact QSI havent denied it may mean something is possible.

Oh please please please we deserve some good luck for a change.
Last edited by Cjay on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: QSI In Talks With Radz

Post by SG90 »

its-a-no-from-me.jpg
its-a-no-from-me.jpg (141.14 KiB) Viewed 6992 times
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

:verysad:
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:32 pm
Great news. Myanmar was bad enough, now this?
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:32 pm
Standard line from the club you would think? Don’t want to be seen to be selling until it’s more concrete. It’s clear as day he’s fixing the club up to sell on, he just wants it to be in the Premiership so he makes big on his investment. I hope it happens
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
TwatsBack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @armleywhite

Post by TwatsBack »

Fingers crossed this "alleged" deal dies a death.
Yup, it's me.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Sounds well dodgy. I hate the fact sport is run by the money cnuts.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Honestly this would upset me more than this season's ending. First the badge, then Myanmar and now this. Radz just doesn't get our club does he?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Personally I don't care much who owns Leeds as long as they are able and willing to pay the bills.

The facts are that the current owners who while doing a decent job of keeping the club on an even keel have not got the means to advance us to a Premier League powerhouse which is the hearts desire of not only the fans but also the city as a whole.

These guys have a huge stake in PSG and PSG have done pretty well out of their relationship so far.

I want to hear more..
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

God I hope not ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

If they come.and make us a powerhouse then great.

Whatever it takes to improve.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:41 pm If they come.and make us a powerhouse then great.

Whatever it takes to improve.
You'd want to sell our soul? I'd rather be Leeds and be sh-t than be another plastic hollow club.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:49 pm You'd want to sell our soul? I'd rather be Leeds and be sh-t than be another plastic hollow club.
The fans make a club, we'd never be hollow.

If we ever want to be a powerhouse again then this is the sort of thing we need.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:56 pm The fans make a club, we'd never be hollow.

If we ever want to be a powerhouse again then this is the sort of thing we need.
Just look at Man City. They were similar to us, well supported through the dark times and with no chance of success, now the stadium is dead and soulless, there's no passion and full of tourists. I don't want that to happen with us. I'd rather have the likes of Phillips wearing our shirt than some mercenary on £300k a week.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:01 pm Just look at Man City. They were similar to us, well supported through the dark times and with no chance of success, now the stadium is dead and soulless, there's no passion and full of tourists. I don't want that to happen with us. I'd rather have the likes of Phillips wearing our shirt than some mercenary on £300k a week.
Manchester city fans must be gutted to be successful.

Lets see what happens, maybe nothing.

But i for one am open to whatever gives us a chance, i cant see us ever becoming soulless though, really cant.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:06 pm Manchester city fans must be gutted to be successful.

Lets see what happens, maybe nothing.

But i for one am open to whatever gives us a chance, i cant see us ever becoming soulless though, really cant.
You say that now, but if it happens, you'd be one of the first to complain about it not being the same anymore.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:13 pm You say that now, but if it happens, you'd be one of the first to complain about it not being the same anymore.
If what you say could happen happens then absolutely i would (as would you and many others I'm sure)

But at the moment i am open to options and if this becomes a real thing then I'm happy to wait till passing judgement.

One things for sure, we are never out of the news :lol:

Playoffs barely get a mention, we are worldwide news :)
Signed

King Cjay

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

There's a part of me which doesn't really like the sound of this.

There's also a lot of me which would like LUFC to do something of note before I peg it (which I damn near did one month ago)

Sky have just been on saying no matter how much QSI invest, LUFC will not be able to buy any players with it, so we wouldn't get up anyway (or words to that effect).

So now, I want it to be true, and then QSI buy ER off Radz for £1Billion, and announce that the stadium is being renamed "The Up Yours Mel Morris and Jim White Stadium" :lol:

Just seen that Russell Crowe tweeted after the Derby defeat, that there was no need to worry, and all our wishes would come true next season. So, he knew !!!.

So next season I can see us running out to the Gladiator theme .....

OK, I'm getting ahead of myself here.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Putting it very simply, I just want us to be successful. I’m prepared to wait, as I have for what seems like forever. But if the involvement of one or more third parties brings the success we crave then I’ll accept that with open arms.
TwatsBack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @armleywhite

Post by TwatsBack »

Apparent that some want success at any cost. No thanks, not in my name, for what it's worth.
Yup, it's me.