QSI In Talks With Radz (Phil Hay Update)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Re: QSI In Talks With Radz

Post by Gurj »

1964white wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:53 am Simple conclusion is no investment on what is required.....no promotion

Could be our only opportunity under Bielsa so we must get it right this time Gurj
I have no doubts it will be our only opportunity now under MB, no way will he stick around for a 3rd campaign in Championship should that scenario arise.

So yes, absolutely Leon, we have to go for it and by go for it, I am not advocating Ridsdale type crazy spending, just want us to bring 3 players with real quality to supplement what we have already.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.arabianbusiness.com/sport/4 ... cial-Share

I'll clutch at some straws.

The only bit of that thats certain is if QSI were to be going to a bank then that is the bank they would go to seeing as the own a bit of it.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

That would be a worry if they need a bank loan to buy us. That's what the Glazers did at Man Utd and left them with huge debts, but we couldn't survive on the same level of debts as them. I never wanted them anyway, but certainly don't want them even more now.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

The rich don't spend their own money, they borrow from others in the hope that whatever venture they need capital for turns a profit, then they pay back the principal and trouser the rest.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Whats really odd about this whole thing is everything can be traced back.

The journalists who keep mentioning it are all highly reputable and some clearly know Radz.

The French publication that ran the latest story Le Parisien.

They are owned by LVMH who QIA have a small share in and QSI are a subsidiary oF QIA.

And of course Le Parisien are a Paris based media source, strange.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Fresh reports in France today.

A QSI spokesperson states: "It's an opportunity, it's interesting and it's a big name in English football that we can help develop and bring back (in the Premier League); a very beautiful brand with which we can recreate a story."

Talks moving slowly but moving and have been underway for several months.

A QSI source doesnt deny that they value the club at between €60-80million (abound £50-70mil). Creates a problem given Radz has insisted he has invested £100mil or £90mil.

But QSI talk not going away
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:30 am Fresh reports in France today.

A QSI spokesperson states: "It's an opportunity, it's interesting and it's a big name in English football that we can help develop and bring back (in the Premier League); a very beautiful brand with which we can recreate a story."

Talks moving slowly but moving and have been underway for several months.

A QSI source doesnt deny that they value the club at between €60-80million (abound £50-70mil). Creates a problem given Radz has insisted he has invested £100mil or £90mil.

But QSI talk not going away
We need investment is we want success
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

What we need is management not buying dross and giving them lengthy overpaid contracts , not giving current players 4 year overpaid contracts, investing in a 25 a season striker who will get us up and then getting rid of the below average players and replacing with players who can hold their own in the PL. Billionaires can take over but ffp still applies in this crap league.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

Get them in as soon as possible.

Any improves be it facilitys, youth development, little extra in the transfer market and more importantly, keeping MB!

If Radz turns this down then he is only in it for the money - we don't want our club milked.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:41 am We need investment is we want success
I agree, without it and without promotion i fear for us next season.

Elephant in the room is that Radz cant afford to sell the club for less then £100mil.
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

If we dont promote this season I think the only way for Bielsa be be around would be if we get them in.

Purely from a financial point of view the cupboard would be bare if we end up staying in this league.

I wonder how these talks would impact any investment during the transfer window.
If Radz knows he will be moving on why bother versus Radz investing a bit more knowing selling a Prem club is a vastly more profitable prospect.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

A very beautiful brand.

F#€k me.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

SaraM » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:49 am

A very beautiful brand.

F#€k me.
You mirrored my thoughts :rol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:49 am A very beautiful brand.

F#€k me.
Hmmm. I picked up on 'brand' as well :x
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

As was recently said in a national newspaper when discussing rich middle east organisations buying up western sports interests with the goal of presenting a sanitised reputation to the rest of the world.

Let he who is without a lucrative Saudi arms deal cast the first stone.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Football Insider saying Radz only wants to sell a minority.

Not a surprise at all as he hasnt a hope of getting his money back while we are in the Championship and tbh we all know he would love the attention that would come with getting us promoted.

Hopefullya deal can be done because imo any chance of any funding in January relies on QSI as i cant see Radz or the 49ers coughing up.

Wouldn't be against Radz hanging on till the summer aslong as it isnt to the detriment of our progression.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Well that's the only good news in a very depressing thread
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:52 pm Hmmm. I picked up on 'brand' as well :x
Such an indictment of modern football that they don't even try to hide it.

It's what you get from living in a culture that treats everything and everyone as a commodity.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Phil Hay has given an update on the QSI situation from the point of view of QSI . . .that's a first.

As expected, QSi value the club lower then Radz with Radz believing the club is worth £100mil plus (utter nonsense, Radz has done a good job commercially but £100mil for us in the 2nd tier, not a hope).

QSI do want any investment to lead to a majority takeover, Radz isn't willing to say whether he is open to selling but PH believes he is open to investment.

Nothing is moving quickly, clearly the two parties disagree on the value and that is a big hurdle.

QSI believe their are other interested parties (who will defo be paupers in comparison but may be more willing to bow to Radz valuation)
Signed

King Cjay

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: QSI In Talks With Radz (Phil Hay Update)

Post by BGwhite »

AR will want every penny back if he sells outright thats why he will remain and let more investors come in to see them get promoted . I think he'll go then with a handsome profit.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk