o/t Today was a good day because.....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

o/t Today was a good day because.....

Post by hector »

I thoroughly pissed off a bully driver.... :) :)

the A36 from Romsey and into Salisbury is a horrible traffic black spot, mainly because it is the only way into Salisbury from the M27 and gets very busy at times of the day..

I usually try to avoid it, but today I had no choice....

It is dual carriageway and half a mile out of Salisbury it drops to single carriage way, and today the inside lane was queueing about 1.5 miles out of Salisbury...

So Hector in his landrover Freelander pulls up behind the last car in the inside lane, a minute later a Merc open top flies past to jump the queue a mile ahead..

Not having this thinks I, and then pulled out into the outside lane and kept level with the last car on the inside... :-D

A few minutes later more cars came up behind, and one arrogant bald headed bully in a beamer pulled right out to try and get past me on the outside between me and the barrier...... Oh dear... I had already been in the queue for 15 minutes, it was sunny and hot, and I had various rock tracks sounding out loudly from the music machine......

He kept trying to get past, but I was effectively holding the bugger off, but I knew that just where it becomes 1 lane it really widens out and there is room to get past, and sure enough, as we pulled up to the wider part he once again tried to edge round the outside, so I pulled over again and effectively broadsided the lane off....

Bully boy leans out of his window and and politely asked what the f**k was I playing at??

so I waved to him (with my middle finger) and politely asked him why he was so important that he didn't have to queue like the rest of us.....

He then shouted that there are two bloody lanes and he was entitled to go down the outside lane, to which I replied that there was only 1 queue, and no bugger was going to jump it in front of me..... I then pulled forward quickly and some other bugger jumped in front of the bully boy... :) :) I got 5 thumbs up signs :tup: frp, various drivers around me who had been in the queue for as long as me...

Good deed for the day done :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: o/t Today was a good day because.....

Post by 1964white »

Love it Hector :tup:

Road bullies do my head in mate
hector

Post by hector »

I may think twice before I get out of my car these days (age related) but I will not be intimidated by anyone, especially road bullies.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Had a similar experience last week, some silly gruesome woman sat up my backside going through 30mph & 40mph villages for a few miles, left her for dead as I pulled away from her BMW in my Skoda which goes from 0 to 60mph in six seconds :-D

Whether that was bullying or just senseless driving from the blonde bimbo is open to conjecture, probably the latter from my driving experiences over the years.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Decided to go to Salisbury cathedral for a day out
Was trying to get to the church service in time when some git in a auld Land Rover
Jumped the lane and blocked is in :roll:
Obviously anyone in a merc should have right of way
It's an unwritten rule
Anyhoo the vicar of sailsbury was ganning mad mind
hector

Post by hector »

liggy wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:18 pm Decided to go to Salisbury cathedral for a day out
Was trying to get to the church service in time when some git in a auld Land Rover
It's an unwritten rule
:rol: :rol: :rol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

liggy wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:18 pm Decided to go to Salisbury cathedral for a day out
It's an unwritten rule
:rol: :rol: