The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 24th May)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 24th May)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

The option to keep Bielsa at Elland Road expires in seven 7 days!!

Bielsa and Radrizzani have been locked in discussions all week about the Argentine's future.

It is believed the 63yo has given Rad a wish list of players and facility upgrades that he would need in order to secure a return to the promised land!

Lets hope Radrizzani has leaned by his mistake with Daniel James and does not wait until the last minute!

Pierre-Michel Lasogga has been released by Hamburg.

The former German U21 forward scored 19 goals in 31 appearances last term. Unfortunately, this was not good enough, and Hamburg were relegated!

What would be the biggest obstacle?

Wages or Lasogga surviving pre season?

Conor Shaughnessy will play his last game for Hearts tomorrow against Celtic in the Scottish Cup final.

The 6 foot 3 central defender is looking forward to coming back to Elland Road.

It will be interesting to see how the youngster has progressed since his loan move in January!

Given the choice would you rather have Halme or Shaughnessy step up to the first team this Summer?

Kasper Schmeichel has been talking about his time at Elland Road:-

Schmeichel said on Joe Hart’s Youtube series Gloved: “I remember about three weeks after joining Leeds thinking, ‘What have I done?!’

“It was just the wrong club for me at that time. It was very clear, very early on that it was the wrong club for me.

“It was a club where I was not accepted and with my father’s history, it was evident among the fans that they did not approve of that.

“I just didn’t feel welcome at all at the club, by the whole club, that’s the manager (Simon Grayson) as well. He didn’t give me any kind of confidence.

“I had a decent season, I thought. I didn’t set the world alight but I had a solid enough season, but I did not enjoy my time there at all. It was a really bad time.

“Then I was at home in Denmark (for the summer). Sven called me and said: ‘Do you want to come to Leicester?’

“But then after I’d spoken to him, I thought: ‘I’m moving, moving, moving. I need to stay somewhere. People will see me as this guy that will play here, play there. I need to tough this out. I’ve got to stay.’”

But while Schmeichel had chosen to stick with Leeds, he claims a transfer was being organised behind his back.

The goalkeeper added: “About two weeks go by, I’m in Copenhagen still when one of my friends rings me and goes: ‘Congratulations!’

“‘What do you mean?’

“‘You’ve moved to Leicester!’

“‘What do you mean I’ve moved to Leicester?! How do you know about that?’

“‘It’s all over the news.’

“I was like: ‘Yes, get me away.’
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 24th May)

Post by onemoreslogan »

Just playback the pageant of mediocre or lousy managers we've endured in recent years. We've finally hit on one. We can't, CAN'T, let Bielsa slip away.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The option to keep Bielsa at Elland Road expires in seven 7 days!!

Bielsa and Radrizzani have been locked in discussions all week about the Argentine's future.

It is believed the 63yo has given Rad a wish list of players and facility upgrades that he would need in order to secure a return to the promised land!

Lets hope Radrizzani has leaned by his mistake with Daniel James and does not wait until the last minute!

The option is meaningless as if the club tried to extend it and Bielsa didn't want to stay then he would leave. All the option really means is that if he moves to another club we would be due compensation. Same as the James deal though if he (Bielsa/James) is the one you want then you have to wait as long as it takes -you can't force Bielsa to stay just like we couldn't force Swansea to sell earlier in January.
Straightforward with Bielsa he wants everything to be how he wants it - it has to be exactly so especially in relation to upgrades/changes to the facilities. I would imagine the list of players includes which players he wants to keep and which players he wants the club to try to sign.

Pierre-Michel Lasogga has been released by Hamburg.

The former German U21 forward scored 19 goals in 31 appearances last term. Unfortunately, this was not good enough, and Hamburg were relegated!

What would be the biggest obstacle?

Wages or Lasogga surviving pre season?

If there is little interest in Lasogga then that would drive any wage demands down. If Bundesliga clubs are interested in him then that could drive his wages out of our reach (if we were even interested in him). I don't see the fitness thing being an issue, he joined us when the season had already started and as such was bound to be behind the other players in terms of fitness, yet he still scored goals. You don't need to run around like a demented fool if you have the ability to put the ball in the back of the net. There is no suggestion anywhere that he is problematic fitness wise just people's misconceptions based on the fact he is a bit stocky and he joined us when he wasn't fit. Viduka had a similar build and wasn't the type of striker to run around and cover every blade of grass but he certainly knew how to finish. People questioned his fitness and suggested he was lazy just because he was a bit moody at times. if you don't have the striker's instincts to be able to get into the right positions then you have to compensate for that by running a lot more to try and drag defenders out of position. On the video clips of his goals at Leeds there is a great example where there are 4 defenders stood around and Lasogga finds the space between them and simply heads the cross home.

Conor Shaughnessy will play his last game for Hearts tomorrow against Celtic in the Scottish Cup final.

The 6 foot 3 central defender is looking forward to coming back to Elland Road.

It will be interesting to see how the youngster has progressed since his loan move in January!

Given the choice would you rather have Halme or Shaughnessy step up to the first team this Summer?

More likely Halme as he has been playing the Bielsa way. I think most of the loanees were sent away more in the hope of them impressing and us being able to sell them.

Kasper Schmeichel has been talking about his time at Elland Road:-

Schmeichel said on Joe Hart’s Youtube series Gloved: “I remember about three weeks after joining Leeds thinking, ‘What have I done?!’

“It was just the wrong club for me at that time. It was very clear, very early on that it was the wrong club for me.

“It was a club where I was not accepted and with my father’s history, it was evident among the fans that they did not approve of that.

“I just didn’t feel welcome at all at the club, by the whole club, that’s the manager (Simon Grayson) as well. He didn’t give me any kind of confidence.

“I had a decent season, I thought. I didn’t set the world alight but I had a solid enough season, but I did not enjoy my time there at all. It was a really bad time.

“Then I was at home in Denmark (for the summer). Sven called me and said: ‘Do you want to come to Leicester?’

“But then after I’d spoken to him, I thought: ‘I’m moving, moving, moving. I need to stay somewhere. People will see me as this guy that will play here, play there. I need to tough this out. I’ve got to stay.’”

But while Schmeichel had chosen to stick with Leeds, he claims a transfer was being organised behind his back.

The goalkeeper added: “About two weeks go by, I’m in Copenhagen still when one of my friends rings me and goes: ‘Congratulations!’

“‘What do you mean?’

“‘You’ve moved to Leicester!’

“‘What do you mean I’ve moved to Leicester?! How do you know about that?’

“‘It’s all over the news.’

“I was like: ‘Yes, get me away.’

Some Leeds fans are idiots who won't accept anyone who has played for Man U however I am sure the majority were behind him. He was a decent keeper for us but was still improving and was far away from being the keeper he is now. I think the trouble for Schmeichel was more that the fans seemed to have the expectation that season thaat we'd go straight up to the Premiership and win every match along the way,.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Hopefully we hold onto Bielsa

Not interested in signing Lassoga

Of course Leeds fans should not have been against Kasper because of his dad's connections with Man Utd, but that interview is pointless and petty.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Morning All,

Lets hope AR is hanging on Bielsa's every word and understanding exactly what/who he wants in order to get us promotion.
If he's allowed to leave there really will be hell to pay. But I don't think he's going anywhere.

Lasogga has obviously been released by Hamburg because they can no longer afford his wages now they have been relegated.
His goals to games ratio was good last season but outside of Bayern Munich and Dortmund, the Bundeslegia isn't that good.
Look at the record of the German sides in Europe this season.
As stated in another thread, definitely don't way Lasogga back. We can do better.

I think Halme looks a better prospect that Shaunessey but maybe a season with Hearts has improved him?

Leeds fans who 'hate' players just because of some connection to Man Utd need to get over themselves.
Kasper Schmeichel is an excellent keeper and has Premier League winner on his CV.
I couldn't believe it when we sold him for peanuts.
So typical of us.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Well said Chilli, couldn't agree more mate.
We need Marcelo.
Yes we cant afford Lassogga.
Kasper Schmichel was / is a fantastic keeper.
Connor Shaughnessy should be welcomed back . Under Craig Levein he'd be truly very well handled & improved.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

The closer it gets to the deadline for Bielsa the more concerning it gets. This should have been sorted out the day after the last game of the season.

Lassoga... by all accounts we cant afford the wages.

Kasper. I really thought that he would go on to be a quality signing. If some didn't like him here then more fool them. But I do think some of our heritage needs to be shoved. I wonder what some new players think when they realise that the fans have grudges against everyone.. And as for the Champions of Europe chants... I wonder if we are are own worst enemy at times.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Very interesting!!!!!!

Parachutes-17-18-PL.jpg
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Number of games and TV revenue per club in the Premiership
D7Q70xIXYAAdv1K.jpg

For competing in the Championship this season before TV money , all Championship clubs are given 7m

The EFL hand out Championship clubs £100,000 for every home game that a club hosts on Sky Sports, with that figure going up to £120,000 for games being played on a Sunday and £140,000 for Thursday games.

Visiting sides are awarded £10,000 per game.

LEEDS HAVE PLAYED 24 TIMES, LIVE ON TV LAST SEASON.

Leeds earned 8.7m last season!!!! (Quite a few away games on TV)
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »