Radz on Derby/Radz on Talksport Jim White's show imminently

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Radz on Derby/Radz on Talksport Jim White's show imminently

Post by SG90 »

Raphael Honigstein
@honigstein
Radrizzani: Selling your stadium to a sister company is more cheating than sending a scout to see (Derby’s) training. #FTFootballSummit

Well said Radz :clap: Glad it will get attention.

Let's see how many who were outraged by spygate stay quiet on their media darling. Stuart Pearce, Jenas, Collymore, Matt Law, Dean Saunders, Moose, the 11 clubs or are they hypocritical tossers? :duno:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Radz on Derby

Post by Irish Ian »

I don't mind what he has to say but for me the timing is all wrong as it smacks of bitterness after what happened last week.

Similar to his Wolves rant.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:52 pm I don't mind what he has to say but for me the timing is all wrong as it smacks of bitterness after what happened last week.

Disagree entirely. Highlight the cheating scumbags when the media attention is on them. Never really had an issue with Derby until this season but Fat Fwank and his merry band of arselickers in the media have really gotten on my nerves...
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:52 pm I don't mind what he has to say but for me the timing is all wrong as it smacks of bitterness after what happened last week.

Yeah that's a big problem I think. The agenda will just be "it's sour grapes", like what was said about Steve Gibson when he mentioned it. I do think he wouldn't have said anything if we'd won though, so his comments are in poor timing for me. However, the build up to the FA Cup Final was dominated by Man City and ffp, but the Championship playoff final has had no mention. Strange. :duno:
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:57 pm Disagree entirely. Highlight the cheating scumbags when the media attention is on them. Never really had an issue with Derby until this season but Fat Fwank and his merry band of arselickers in the media have really gotten on my nerves...
Got to say I agree with Ian on this point Hereford.......if the media run with it the story angle will just be portrayed as 'sour grapes' on our part unfortunately.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Derby found a way to cheat the system same as Wolves did, Radz again just comes across as bitter.

Hasn't he learned that football isn't fair yet?

Besides what Derby did didnt stop us getting promoted, we screwed that up nobody else.

Dont like it when he does things like this, frankly its none of his business and if he doesnt like it same as the tv rights then get promoted, problem solved.

Radz had a golden opportunity and allowed it to slip through his fingers, dont try deflection tactics ffs, just fix it and learn
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

SG90 wrote: Yeah that's a big problem I think. The agenda will just be "it's sour grapes", like what was said about Steve Gibson when he mentioned it. I do think he wouldn't have said anything if we'd won though, so his comments are in poor timing for me. However, the build up to the FA Cup Final was dominated by Man City and ffp, but the Championship playoff final has had no mention. Strange. :duno:
The midland news mentioned it briefly earlier but i wasnt paying much attention ... anyway , blink and you'd have missed it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:57 pm Disagree entirely. Highlight the cheating scumbags when the media attention is on them. Never really had an issue with Derby until this season but Fat Fwank and his merry band of arselickers in the media have really gotten on my nerves...
I agree with this. The issue shouldn't be how the timing reflects on us; what he is saying is true, and it is also true that it is being skirted over by the media.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We're entitled to our sour grapes ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

It made the Daily Fail. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -Park.html

In it he says Derby deserved to win. He also says that we won't spend much money this summer.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:20 am It made the Daily Fail. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -Park.html

In it he says Derby deserved to win. He also says that we won't spend much money this summer.
And so it continues :roll:
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:24 am And so it continues :roll:
What are you expecting though? We need to live within our means. We just missed out with the most ridiculous injury crisis ever, we don't need to spend £50m to do it. We just need to be more savvy with our loans.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:55 am What are you expecting though? We need to live within our means. We just missed out with the most ridiculous injury crisis ever, we don't need to spend £50m to do it. We just need to be more savvy with our loans.
One thing living within your means totally another allowing the best chance in over a decade to pass you by as Radz did.

Imo a lot of that squad will not repeat last season as MB said and we will need 4 or 5 starters.

I don't like loans tbh unless their is an option to buy.

Personally fed up of the same cheap attitude that we have had for years, time for some ambition imo.

If Bielsa stays then that is it, 1 more go, so go for it, give him the best players available and if that means paying the money then pay it.

If it doesnt work out then fine but for once have a proper go instead of hiding behind the ffp myth.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Agree with CJ regarding loans...don't need mercenaries, would rather go with the kids. This must be a discussion he's had with MB so he's either gone soon or happy with what he has..I think he stays to see what he started out. Yr 1 with a new and foreign manager was always a big ask. Don't think it's been done before unless said manager had millions to waste

I reckon 2 out, 2 in. 2/3 loans (unfortunately). We'll probably release 7/8, loan out another 10-20 from the reserves and continue to build the academy. We're never going to do this by throwing money at players, we don't have it so promoting from the academy is the way to do it.

Unless the Niners wanna get serious...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The whole point of getting Bielsa was to integrate the u23s into the first team and to build a legacy here. Critics will say he failed at Lille, but they finished second this year with a team of young players and the players have said themselves it was down to Bielsa's management of them. We probably won't see the benefits of his work here for 5 years or so, but believe me it will be good when we get it.

Re loans. I don't want a team of loans, just 2 will do. But as I said, young talent from abroad not sh-t like Baker or Harrison.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Also fans need to get real re ffp. Us overspending and getting promoted will be the catalyst for the rules to be changed. We would NEVER be able to get off with a small fine like others. The hysteria in the media and other clubs would make sure of it.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:57 am Also fans need to get real re ffp. Us overspending and getting promoted will be the catalyst for the rules to be changed. We would NEVER be able to get off with a small fine like others. The hysteria in the media and other clubs would make sure of it.
FFP is a smokescreen that allows owners like Radz to get away with being cheap and selling to buy ( he is cheap, not a crook or anything but definitely transfer funds wise cheap).

How long are we going to use paranoia and our history to justify not spending decent sums?, not saying tons and tons but a decent amount.

I know some of our fans believe their is a conspiracy, maybe their is, but fining someone 200k for watching over a fence is very different from say us pushing FFP and getting promoted and then them trying to deduct points and what not, never going to happen.

So we push ffp and dont get promoted next season, then we will sell players to cover it anyway so why not have a real go for once while we have a chance?

Understand our history makes fans nervous but we have sold to buy for over 10 years and gone no further forward.

Yes we finished 3rd this year, but finishing 3rd and finishing 21st amounts to the same thing, nothing.

If we sell to buy as it seems we will then we are back to square 1, hoping we have got the recruitment right to improve the squad and crucially replace those we have lost.

Nothing about our recruitment under Radz and Orta suggests we will get the right players.

Ultimately imo it was poor recruitment choices that cost us promotion last season when supposedly lessons had been learnt.

Why would this season be any different?

Personally fed up of sell to buy, we should be looking to build on last season not take away from it and try and replace.

Yes the academy has some talented players but its ridiculous to put all your faith in a group of kids.

And how is it with our revenue streams, with the 49ers investment that we are still skint? Because Radz only puts in the bare minimum to keep the club going.

Was never under any illusions about Radz, not a crook, means us no harm, but he is not ever going to invest where it matters most, on the pitch.
Signed

King Cjay

joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

Radrizzani is a total bullshit merchant. He's an asset stripper looking to make a quick small buck with minimal investment. He's not interested in the long term gain of promotion. He's interested in developing players for resale value. Under his leadership and s**t transfer windows we will not succeed. Lady season was a complete failure for me and pointless.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:54 pm FFP is a smokescreen that allows owners like Radz to get away with being cheap and selling to buy ( he is cheap, not a crook or anything but definitely transfer funds wise cheap).

How long are we going to use paranoia and our history to justify not spending decent sums?, not saying tons and tons but a decent amount.

I know some of our fans believe their is a conspiracy, maybe their is, but fining someone 200k for watching over a fence is very different from say us pushing FFP and getting promoted and then them trying to deduct points and what not, never going to happen.

So we push ffp and dont get promoted next season, then we will sell players to cover it anyway so why not have a real go for once while we have a chance?

Understand our history makes fans nervous but we have sold to buy for over 10 years and gone no further forward.

Yes we finished 3rd this year, but finishing 3rd and finishing 21st amounts to the same thing, nothing.

If we sell to buy as it seems we will then we are back to square 1, hoping we have got the recruitment right to improve the squad and crucially replace those we have lost.

Nothing about our recruitment under Radz and Orta suggests we will get the right players.

Ultimately imo it was poor recruitment choices that cost us promotion last season when supposedly lessons had been learnt.

Why would this season be any different?

Personally fed up of sell to buy, we should be looking to build on last season not take away from it and try and replace.

Yes the academy has some talented players but its ridiculous to put all your faith in a group of kids.

And how is it with our revenue streams, with the 49ers investment that we are still skint? Because Radz only puts in the bare minimum to keep the club going.

Was never under any illusions about Radz, not a crook, means us no harm, but he is not ever going to invest where it matters most, on the pitch.
Why should the owner pump his own money into the club? He is simply owning something that should make him money because he has invested a lot of money in it to buy it. Yes it would be worth far more as a premiership club but what happens if he spends £40m and we don't go up? Do we then spend £40m more the next season and then repeat? Easy to say sell the players if we fail to go up but their values can drop very quickly especially when clubs know you have to sell. Are Bamford and Douglas now worth what we paid for them? If we now wanted to replace with better we wouldn't get our money back, might end up having to take a big loss and subsidise their wages. Look at Derby and Villa and whilst we all go on about them breaking FFP well one of them has been overspending after overspending and won't get promoted, if it is Derby where do they then go, having no money, no players to sell, no stadium to flog, it could be the start of them descending into administration.

Clubs gamble and fail and it sets them back for many years. At least Radrizanni is pumping the money back into the club that we make on transfers, no longer is it Bates selling any player worth a few quid and then giving Grayson £200k to replace them.

Like it or not AR is running this club like it is a business. Yes he wants to get us into the premiership but he isn't going to risk his own finances to do it. If we get promoted he'll have an asset worth far more than he paid for it, if we don't then as long as he balances the books, pays everyone's salary, including himself, then he is running a successful business. Yes it isn't going to be easy as if we did a Chelsea or Man City and simply bought ourselves success but he is doing a lot of good at this club, appointing a great manager and restoring our youth academy to the levels it was 20 years ago.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:18 pm Why should the owner pump his own money into the club? He is simply owning something that should make him money because he has invested a lot of money in it to buy it. Yes it would be worth far more as a premiership club but what happens if he spends £40m and we don't go up? Do we then spend £40m more the next season and then repeat? Easy to say sell the players if we fail to go up but their values can drop very quickly especially when clubs know you have to sell. Are Bamford and Douglas now worth what we paid for them? If we now wanted to replace with better we wouldn't get our money back, might end up having to take a big loss and subsidise their wages. Look at Derby and Villa and whilst we all go on about them breaking FFP well one of them has been overspending after overspending and won't get promoted, if it is Derby where do they then go, having no money, no players to sell, no stadium to flog, it could be the start of them descending into administration.

Clubs gamble and fail and it sets them back for many years. At least Radrizanni is pumping the money back into the club that we make on transfers, no longer is it Bates selling any player worth a few quid and then giving Grayson £200k to replace them.

Like it or not AR is running this club like it is a business. Yes he wants to get us into the premiership but he isn't going to risk his own finances to do it. If we get promoted he'll have an asset worth far more than he paid for it, if we don't then as long as he balances the books, pays everyone's salary, including himself, then he is running a successful business. Yes it isn't going to be easy as if we did a Chelsea or Man City and simply bought ourselves success but he is doing a lot of good at this club, appointing a great manager and restoring our youth academy to the levels it was 20 years ago.
Because an owner should invest in his own business to make it successful should they not?

Or get outside investment which Radz did tbf but it didnt really make much difference. From what our accounts say and from what people far cleverer then I have said Radz has invested in the club itself but not much, not as much as he is allowed (again only repeating what others have said).

There is a pattern here, he was criticised for similar when he had those business troubles earlier in the year. Media rights experts said basically Radz was unwilling to cover the expected costs and losses a newish business venture may experience in its early times, many other companies would and do perservere out of their own pocket but Radz wouldn't or couldn't (he had vastly underestimated the funding needed was what the gist was).

I wonder if that is happening here to us?

Radz is no fool clearly, but maybe he vastly underestimated the cost of owning a 2nd tier club? Clearly he was struggling or he wouldn't have got the 49ers in.

One things for sure imo, Radz cant afford us much longer, he has his own issues to like being sued by Everbright as well.

Unless we get promoted Radz will make a loss on us, over a year ago he said he had invested £100mil in us, so if he sells at a loss thats not a successful business is it?

If that's true that figure must be £10, 20, 30mil more by now surely at least.

He will be lucky to get £60-80mil top whack for a loss making 2nd division club.

Radz is cautious, its his money and he wont risk it, i understand that from a business point of view but its damn frustrating as a fan.

Speculate to accumulate and that does seem to be something Radz doesnt do in general.

What i dont get though is ok Radz doesnt want to invest much of his own cash, annoying but ok.

Why not sell another 20,30%?

He would still be majority shareholder, he would have access to more funds which he could use to improve the squad and if that investment brought in 2 or 3 top quality players at this level then all the better.

Radz has an asset improved where it counts, Bielsa has a better squad and Radz didnt have to risk his own cash.

If it works Radz is majority owner of an asset probably worth £200mil+, if it doesnt he hasnt lost anything financially and actually has someone to share the responsibility with.

I appreciate the academy although we have no idea how good that actually is and probably wont till after Radz goes.Bielsa is the best thing to happen to this club since i was a kid and am very grateful to Radz for him. Regarding Bielsa he has basically asked a Michelin star chef to make a gourmet meal using ingredients from the sale in Aldi, not impossible but incredibly difficult.

Football clubs dont tend to make money in this league hence why clubs take risks, if he expects to ever make a profit then we need to be in the prem. Just feels like he is hoping to get lucky rather then making a concentrated effort and when you make the very inspired choice of appointing Bielsa that seems like a very risky and potentially daft risk.
Last edited by Cjay on Wed May 22, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay