AS Roma in For Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

AS Roma in For Bielsa

Post by Cjay »

Another issue with keeping Bielsa.

Despite the promotion failure the wider footballing world will see what MB has done as a success and other clubs will be interested.

After all any manager who takes a side from 13th to 3rd having only arrived a month and a half before a new season will attract attention.

Today its reported Marcelo Bielsa is a potential option Roma are considering as a replacement for Claudio Ranieri.

The other 2 on the 3 man shortlist are Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri and Gian Piero Gasparini currently at Atalanta.

Currently hard as it is to accept in terms of club standing compared to Roma we are a small club and the opportunity to manage Roma in Italy and potentially Europe (they are currently in a Europa League pposition and still have a chance to qualify for Champions League) next season may be very difficult for Bielsa to turn down.

After all he will be 64 soon, may not have many years left in management.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: AS Roma in For Bielsa

Post by Denman »

Fair point Cjay, but I think (and hope) that MB will see Leeds as unfinished business. As long as Radz backs him, and I don’t just mean with transfers, I am more than hopeful he will remain with us next season.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

He's got nothing left to prove. I can see plenty of reasons for him to stay at Leeds. Money? Maybe. We'd better make sure we pay him enough to stay
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Any other manager and I would be worried but Bielsa is different. He isn't driven by money (albeit we are paying him well) and similarly I don't think he was ever just using us as a stepping stone. He saw us as a challenge and I don't think you put in the amount of effort he did if you plan to walk away after a season. I see him either staying with us or walking out if he isn't given the assurances he wants, transfers etc, rather than walking out just to join another club.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

If he did go, we'd get massive compensation anyway. Without tempting fate, I don't think he will. He was talking with Orta about targets yesterday.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I doubt he would go just because Roma may want him.

But he deserves it, he doesn't owe us anything and i wouldn't begrudge him taking what would be a great opportunity for him.

Agree with everyone who said about us and what we offer him being the key factor.

If we keep offering him peanuts to get promotion with then he should walk tbh.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Girona have made MB their number 1 target apparently.

Recently relegated from La Liga so could offer MB the chance to manage what he couldn't with us, promotion.

MB does have a connection to Girona having worked with Aspire Academy.

And crucially maybe Girona could support MB with probably better signings.

Part owned by the same people who own Man City and Man City use them as a training club for their best talents.

And of course money would be no object.

Doubt MB will leave but you never can be to sure.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Marcelo is staying at Leeds for the umpteenth time
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:20 pm Marcelo is staying at Leeds for the umpteenth time
Why hasn't it been confirmed then? It's just creates uncertainty.