Today's walk with houndie

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Today's walk with houndie

Post by whiteswan »

Took houndie for a walk round Sandal Castle this morning. Met a chap wearing a Leeds utd top. Stopped and spoke to him about Wednesday evening. I then asked him who he wanted to win, Villa or 'Baaaaa'rby. "Villa because I want us to be able to spank Fwank twice next season."
Walked on a few more paces to be met by a family of four. Dad and two kids wearing Leeds United kit and the youngest around 7 yrs old wearing his free scarf he got at ER on Wednesday. Asked the same question re the championship final and got the same answer. Wants to see Fwank cry ( with misery not joy I hasten to add)
It was so nice meet so many Leeds supporters, especially the kids, all of them still proud to wear the colours of our beloved club :scarfe2: :) :scar1
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Today's walk with houndie

Post by Denman »

Nice to hear.

I’ve just finished shopping in Sainsbury’s Chelmsford, and saw a fellow white in a ‘Leeds till I die’ t-shirt. We’re everywhere, and I’m sure the vast majority will be hoping Frankie boy is back at ER next season for retribution.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Wouldn't of taken long to walk a dog around a Sand castle mind :roll:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

liggy wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:35 pm Wouldn't of taken long to walk a dog around a Sand castle mind :roll:
:rol:
hector

Post by hector »

liggy wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:35 pm Wouldn't of taken long to walk a dog around a Sand castle mind :roll:
Depends how much wine she had slung down her neck :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

I also took my little dog for a mile walk this morning. Halfway round, we found a bench, and she jumped up into my lap. We had a hug, and I had a little tear in my eye. Strange reaction, you might think, but until my recent operation, I haven't been able to walk the dog for over three years. Never mind football matches, I now have perspective.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:57 pm I also took my little dog for a mile walk this morning. Halfway round, we found a bench, and she jumped up into my lap. We had a hug, and I had a little tear in my eye. Strange reaction, you might think, but until my recent operation, I haven't been able to walk the dog for over three years. Never mind football matches, I now have perspective.
Nice story Gandi :dog:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:30 pm Took houndie for a walk round Sandal Castle this morning. Met a chap wearing a Leeds utd top. Stopped and spoke to him about Wednesday evening. I then asked him who he wanted to win, Villa or 'Baaaaa'rby. "Villa because I want us to be able to spank Fwank twice next season."
Walked on a few more paces to be met by a family of four. Dad and two kids wearing Leeds United kit and the youngest around 7 yrs old wearing his free scarf he got at ER on Wednesday. Asked the same question re the championship final and got the same answer. Wants to see Fwank cry ( with misery not joy I hasten to add)
It was so nice meet so many Leeds supporters, especially the kids, all of them still proud to wear the colours of our beloved club :scarfe2: :) :scar1
Leeds fans are everywhere Swannie

Talking to two fans whilst out shopping this morning :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I cannot recall the last time I saw a Leeds shirt round here, or sticker in a car, scarf etc. In fact it's so rare it would be very noteworthy ..I've more chance of seeing Royalty than someone wearing a LUFC top
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:47 pm Depends how much wine she had slung down her neck :)
hectooooor! :x :x :x

You are in the :poo: :poo:

QWhack :cricket: QWhack :cricket: QWhack :cricket:
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:47 pm hectooooor! :x :x :x

You are in the :poo: :poo:

QWhack :cricket: QWhack :cricket: QWhack :cricket:
Quite a lot then :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Gandalf wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:57 pm I also took my little dog for a mile walk this morning. Halfway round, we found a bench, and she jumped up into my lap. We had a hug, and I had a little tear in my eye. Strange reaction, you might think, but until my recent operation, I haven't been able to walk the dog for over three years. Never mind football matches, I now have perspective.
Well done Gandalf, glad you are now able to get out and walk your little dog. Our precious pets have a way of weadling extra emotions out of us :dog:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:48 pm Quite a lot then :)
:lol:

Off out for a meal this evening so a couple of glasses will be quaffed as we are up in Wakey visiting my folks :)
Oh....and our local up here is also Jane's local :love: :) :)
hector

Post by hector »

I'm sure she will avoid you ;-)
:)
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

Aah that must have been magical moment Gandi :moggy:
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

hector wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:55 pm I'm sure she will avoid you ;-)
:)
You are a little tinker Hector :lol: