o/t (Though not for me) - Sydney FC, champions of Australia

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

o/t (Though not for me) - Sydney FC, champions of Australia

Post by HarryofOz »

Tonight (my time) my A-League team, Sydney FC, were crowned champions of Australia.

We won the grand final in a penalty shoot out 4-1, after the game ended goalless after extra time. We had a perfectly good goal disallowed in the first half, which the VAR failed to overrule. So Justice was done.

As a bonus our semi-final win last week was a 6-1 thrashing of our biggest rivals Melbourne Victory. Or Me1-6ourne Victory as they are now known :).
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: o/t (Though not for me) - Sydney FC, champions of Australia

Post by weasel »

Are Sydney the ones also owned by Man City?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Well nothing good can come of calling yourself Victory
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

weasel wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:51 pm Are Sydney the ones also owned by Man City?
No, that is Melbourne City.

They were called Melbourne Heart and played in red and white until they were taken over. Now they are called Melbourne City and play in sky blue - truly a franchise v a team.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:24 pm Well nothing good can come of calling yourself Victory
Yes, a very arrogant choice of name.