Derby or Villa?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Derby or Villa?

Post by Cjay »

So who do we want to win the Playoff Final?

It should be us!!!!!!

Still very bitter :lol:

We are a better side then the pair of them!!!!!

However we threw it all away :(

Not any easy choice but i cant stand the narrative that Frank Lampard tactically beat Bielsa and is wonderful and great etc.

We beat ourselves Lampard did naff all.

So for me Villa.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
hector

Re: Derby or Villa?

Post by hector »

Neither....

but I would rather the chance to shove it right up Fat Frank twice again next season... :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:03 pm So who do we want to win the Playoff Final?

It should be us!!!!!!
It shouldn't have gone to the play-offs had our management team shown a bit more nous & our players hadn't bottled it in games that mattered

In the end we got what we deserved even though we played the best football in the championship

Aston Villa
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

Derby's celebrations were way Ott so hopefully Villa stuff em
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

Can’t stand either club .

Can’t stand Lampard .

Can’t stand Smith .

Can’t stand Terry .

But to be able to laugh at Lampard not least for his wild celebrations in a pub as though they’d won the final , probably means I’d rather see Villa win . Sort of a choice between a root canal or a tooth extraction . Both excruciating.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Villa.

Derby think they're already up and cheated Boro out of a playoff spot with their dodgy ffp antics, but crowed about us and acted like moral behemoths. Also all their best players are loans so they'll be fcked with a points deduction to boot. Can't be having Lampard portrayed as a genius for getting lucky once when we gifted them 3 goals and had the ref in their back pocket.

Hate Smith, Terry, Hourihane and the crowing Villa fans and it would be a shame to see them get away with a small fine for overspending, but they've fallen on hard times like ourselves and I've always respected them.
Last edited by SG90 on Sat May 18, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

Villa for me.

Just because of the Derby celebrations.

And of course Fat Frank who couldn't lace Gerrards boots.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Villa will win cos Dean Smith is a better manager than Lampard.
He played good football at Brentford and he brought it to Villa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Grealish to dive for a penalty please. Though it will be tough for the EFL to decide which of their two favourites will get all the decisions. :duno:
Villanois
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Villanois »

Villa for me :)
I worked on Wednesday and haven't got to see the Leeds v Derby game yet, I'll be watching it today. My suspicions are that the missing key players was the downfall for Leeds.
One thing Smith has seemingly done at Villa is not rush injured players back and we ended up going into the play offs with a full squad to choose from, and that hopefully will be enough to get over the line.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Lampard v Terry

Like asking which testicle you'd like removed!! For Derby's cheating re FFP, Lampard's crowing and the media's fawning over the w**ker, it has to be Villa. Don't like Smith, but they're a proud old club who hit the skids like we did and the fans have remained loyal. Means we don't see Terry crying but, hey, you can't have everything!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

lufc1304 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:44 pm Lampard v Terry

Like asking which testicle you'd like removed!! For Derby's cheating re FFP, Lampard's crowing and the media's fawning over the w**ker, it has to be Villa. Don't like Smith, but they're a proud old club who hit the skids like we did and the fans have remained loyal. Means we don't see Terry crying but, hey, you can't have everything!
But we'll see him in full kit w**ker mode which will at least be funny :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Villanois wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:44 pm One thing Smith has seemingly done at Villa is not rush injured players back and we ended up going into the play offs with a full squad to choose from, and that hopefully will be enough to get over the line.
Perhaps we should have done that :lol:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Villa for me, for the same reasons others have stated.

Have a horrible feeling Lampard's going to get all the decisions and Derby will edge it though.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

SG90 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:46 pm But we'll see him in full kit w**ker mode which will at least be funny :lol:
Hahahahha, good point!! :lol: :lol:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Tbf i dislike Terry more then Lampard.

Villa have royally taken the piss with ffp even this season they havent cut back at all.

But despite Dean Smith being a bit of a tit he is a good manager who deserves a chance at the top table.

Lampard is an over pampered ex player who has had it handed to him on a plate.

One of them is going to suffer though for their mistakes.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:08 pm Tbf i dislike Terry more then Lampard.

Villa have royally taken the piss with ffp even this season they havent cut back at all.

But despite Dean Smith being a bit of a tit he is a good manager who deserves a chance at the top table.

Lampard is an over pampered ex player who has had it handed to him on a plate.

One of them is going to suffer though for their mistakes.
I didn't mind Lampard until spy gate and he ignored Chelski doing it to hand him medals and acted morally superior. Also the media love in is nauseating, given he's been entirely reliant on dodgy penalties and favours from the top 6. It's not like he's built his own team.

At least Smith and Grealish are Villa fans so it would be a good story.
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Villa absolutely. For all of the reasons stated above. Lets stick it to Fat Fwank twice again next season. Pampered little prince that he is. Celebrating like they'd won the bloody league. The fake crying celebration in the changing room. Not shaking Bielsas hand at the end of the game yet still gets a massive media blowjob.
Respected him as a player for the goal output and seemed to be an intelligent and decent bloke. Management has shown he is nothing more than a little whiny.... man.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Villa , lesser of two evils,
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Agree with everyones comments. Let's hope Fwank gets what he deserves....a right good stuffing.