2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:18 pm "From a footballing point of view, he’s almost a free spirit. He has the ability to go past three players at any given point, when others would have passed the ball and moved to a different area.
We don't need another kid who wants to beat their man repeatedly, we need someone who can beat their man and then put a ball into the box.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:12 am We don't need another kid who wants to beat their man repeatedly, we need someone who can beat their man and then put a ball into the box.
Indeed we do Tom

That was a quote from his current coach, not mine
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Losing Clarke before we even had the chance to enjoy him would be gutting. I get we will lose someone, but not on the cheap. Fed up of vultures like Tottenham benefiting off our hard work on the cheap, as we have no backbone. Pay up simple. No less than £20m.

I'd be delighted with £5m+ for Forshaw. I don't see what he offers.

No more u23s now. Players for the starting XI.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:03 pm Villa fans looking forward to the arrival of Kalvin

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/18979-k ... NewComment
The thing is he is only the player he was this season because of Bielsa. They would just be buying previous versions of him.

No doubt in my mind, if he has another improved season, I can see him in the England squad next year, even from the Championship. If Southgate can pick Butland and Mount from the Championship, then why not one of the top performers in a position England struggle for players?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Paudie O'Connor has signed for Bradford permanently on a free. Glad we're getting rid of players if they're not going to be involved, clears some wages up.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

So... Helder Costa has started following Leeds on instagram. Seems a bit odd if he wasn't coming then.

Guessing it will be Clarke out and Costa in by the end of the week.
Villanois
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Villanois »

faaip wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:33 pm Good footballer Forshaw, no coincidence that the Villan who posted here was worried about him if we made the final
Indeed, he caused us no ends of problems. Putting us on the back foot which in turn allows others to play their game.
You'd have been at Wembley and possibly in the premier league if you'd have had Pontus, Forshaw, and Roofe playing on the 2nd leg against Derby.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:43 pm So... Helder Costa has started following Leeds on instagram. Seems a bit odd if he wasn't coming then.

Guessing it will be Clarke out and Costa in by the end of the week.
That doesnt sit well with me if its just a loan tbh.

Clarke should be being kept and developed, exactly the short term planning that has seen us tread water for 15 years.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Villanois wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:00 pm Indeed, he caused us no ends of problems. Putting us on the back foot which in turn allows others to play their game.
You'd have been at Wembley and possibly in the premier league if you'd have had Pontus, Forshaw, and Roofe playing on the 2nd leg against Derby.
We slag off players for no good reasons as Leeds fans. If you were here last season you'd have noticed Kalvin Phillips get the Forshaw/Harrison "What's he good for" treatment.

I agree, Forshaw gave us a lot and rarely played poorly and I'd be happy to keep him for next season as it takes more than 11 players to win anything and he's an ideal squad player. Probably our only true box to box player.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Villanois
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Villanois »

faaip wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:46 pm We slag off players for no good reasons as Leeds fans. If you were here last season you'd have noticed Kalvin Phillips get the Forshaw/Harrison "What's he good for" treatment.

I agree, Forshaw gave us a lot and rarely played poorly and I'd be happy to keep him for next season as it takes more than 11 players to win anything and he's an ideal squad player. Probably our only true box to box player.
It's not just at Leeds where that happens.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:33 pm That doesnt sit well with me if its just a loan tbh.

Clarke should be being kept and developed, exactly the short term planning that has seen us tread water for 15 years.
You won't find me disagreeing. Unfortunately we have to sell someone to avoid ffp issues and it looks like it'll be Jack. I'd still rather sell Phillips before Clarke. He is the most talented academy player we've had since Kewell and not the kind of player we bring through often.

I just hope we are adequately compensated, but you know it'll be cheap like £10m, as we have no negotiation skills. :cry:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:35 pm You won't find me disagreeing. Unfortunately we have to sell someone to avoid ffp issues and it looks like it'll be Jack. I'd still rather sell Phillips before Clarke. He is the most talented academy player we've had since Kewell and not the kind of player we bring through often.

I just hope we are adequately compensated, but you know it'll be cheap like £10m, as we have no negotiation skills. :cry:
Still dont think FFP is as big an issue for us as people make out.

Was something on twitter which had our losses for 2017/2018 adjusted to include the ffp exemptions and we made a £1mil loss.

Last season even if its a £15mil loss that still leaves us with over £20mil wiggle room, ffp is a smokescreen for me, yes we have to be prudent but i don't think we should be as desperate as we seem.

Agree on Phillips, id sell Roofe to before Clarke, just like with Vieira i expect we will undervalue for a desperate cash grab (bit like with the 49ers). :(

Doesnt help when your owner basically says "we are skint" just after the season ends, doesnt put you in a good position for negotiations.

Will wait and see but if Clarke goes to fund some loans thats desperation in my book, even if one of them is Costa.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Villanois wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:00 pm Indeed, he caused us no ends of problems. Putting us on the back foot which in turn allows others to play their game.
Forshaw had a good game v Villa & his standout performance was in our league match v Derby at ER (my MOTM), those performances were few & far between though, he was poor & at times a liability giving away goals as he dawdled on the ball. Forshaw offers very little in a attacking sense, rarely scores a goal (never for Leeds) with few assists to his name. Kalvin Phillips is twice the defensive midfielder Forshaw will ever be who'll play for England one day hopefully whilst at Leeds & not in a Villa shirt.
Another downside having AF in ones squad he is very injury-prone probably the reason why we signed him on the cheap, tbh £4.5m is not good value for a player who offers next to nothing & makes limited appearances !
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:42 am Forshaw had a good game v Villa & his standout performance was in our league match v Derby at ER (my MOTM), those performances were few & far between though, he was poor & at times a liability giving away goals as he dawdled on the ball. Forshaw offers very little in a attacking sense, rarely scores a goal (never for Leeds) with few assists to his name. Kalvin Phillips is twice the defensive midfielder Forshaw will ever be who'll play for England one day hopefully whilst at Leeds & not in a Villa shirt.
Another downside having AF in ones squad he is very injury-prone probably the reason why we signed him on the cheap, tbh £4.5m is not good value for a player who offers next to nothing & makes limited appearances !
In full agreement shocker again!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:50 am In full agreement shocker again!
Blimey I'm shocked too :lol:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... i-16312086
So basically what I said the other day....we're going to be almost totally reliant on the U23's being able to make the step up.
While at the same time selling our most promising youngster for many a year.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Adam Forshaw to FUlham has again been mentioned again today, think thatd be a good deal myself, its his level we should be selling on, decent but nowhere near vital to the team.

Also (must say i like this one because ive been desperate for us to try the South American market).

Ecuadorian media is reporting we have asked about Ecuador u20 international winger Alexander Alvarado, normally would dismiss this as click bait but he was name checked by our scout Gaby RUiz just the other week.

And the obligatory YouTube video will now follow.

Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If we're selling Forshaw then Kalvin is staying I'd say, you don't sell the good cover while selling the starter..Ironically it's Diaz that was the good DMF from the U23's
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:52 pm https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... i-16312086
So basically what I said the other day....we're going to be almost totally reliant on the U23's being able to make the step up.
While at the same time selling our most promising youngster for many a year.
I'm sorry if that is the case we are heading for a big disappointment

Right now only Shackleton is ready to step up to the first team, maybe one other could come through but we surely can't bank on a bunch of inexperienced kids to achieve our goal
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:20 pm Adam Forshaw to FUlham has again been mentioned again today, think thatd be a good deal myself, its his level we should be selling on, decent but nowhere near vital to the team.
Kalvin is twice the player Forshaw will ever be, no great loss imo !

I rather see us sign a proper DM should we sell one of best assets, hopefully no one turns KP's head & the lad remains at the club he wishes to play for, his beloved Leeds.