2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:51 am Delph joins Everton
Hopefully he'll get a full season for the first time since leaving Leeds. Has been excellent for City, but was never going to be a regular.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Irish under 18 international Ryan Nolan, we are been linked with him, along with Brighton and Celtic.
Born and raised in Clare, moved to Spain when he was 8 and joined the Inter academy, was on the bench in the Europa league last year. Our type of signing. You would imagine for the 23s, a year left on his deal.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Jay
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Jay »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:29 pm So, with only a few weeks left, who do we think we will be in for?

If we dont allow any of those who featured in the last two matches, plus Roberts to leave do you think we have enough?

If not what would be on the dream shopping list?
Keep this squad, sign Gary Cahill and Ryan Kent (or players like that), and I would be ecstatic.

Leeds potentially looking very good to go up this time.

Its certainly the best shot we're ever going to have, barring a multi, multi million pound investment deal / takeover.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Don't suppose we get anything for the Dalph sale? Could use Danny Rose moving
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:22 pm Don't suppose we get anything for the Dalph sale? Could use Danny Rose moving
Wondered that myself. I did post a lot earlier, not sure on which post, whether we might get a bit from a sell on clause :duno:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Byram on the move as well......wonder if there's anything in that for us? Sell on etc....
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:04 am Byram on the move as well......wonder if there's anything in that for us? Sell on etc....

He's gone for £750,000 so doubt it as West Ham made a loss on him.
Delph will depend on terms, it's usually done on profit but sometimes a % of sale regardless of profit or loss.
Rose is the only one.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Just reading we had operating costs of £54m last season, with a turnover of £40m, hence Clarke and a lot of the dross being moved on.
I believe we we're at a point we wanted to be without the Jansson sale but means no more money spent unless they use the Jansson money.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

gessa wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:46 am He's gone for £750,000 so doubt it as West Ham made a loss on him.
Delph will depend on terms, it's usually done on profit but sometimes a % of sale regardless of profit or loss.
Rose is the only one.
Delph has moved clubs since we sold him so doubt any percentage clause would have continued on to a new club.

Rose though is the one that could net us a decent sum.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

rose been left out of the spurs squad for their asia tour . been granted time off to explore prospective opportunities with other clubs !
might raise a few quid to put in our club coffers .
gessa

Post by gessa »

weasel wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:29 pm Delph has moved clubs since we sold him so doubt any percentage clause would have continued on to a new club.

Rose though is the one that could net us a decent sum.
A mate who used to manage in the conference once told me, with a lot of league players moving up there is quite often a rolling payment, so no matter how often a player moves they will get some sort of cut., the % lessens each time though.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We've paid up for players before ..i think we've even paid sell ons to two teams for the same player ...forget who it was but Ridsdales time
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Asked if he would pursue a centre-back following Jansson’s departure, Orta said: “We are always open in the market, but now we are [at] 90 per cent of the [squad we want].

“It’s always a decision of the club. We are in a situation that all of the decisions are totally co-ordinated between all the people within the club: board, director of football, head coach.

Pushed on the 90 per cent figure and how close that meant to be done for the summer, he said: “Ninety per cent is close, but obviously it’s football. In life the only thing I know is I am going to die.

“The rest - I am not sure of.”
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

If we dont sign 2 or 3 more quality improvements to the first 11 we wont get promoted.

I am 100% sure of that same as last summer and last January.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

With Clarke, Jansson, Saiz, Sacko, Ekuban etc we must have bought in £20mil.

Are we going to spend anything? Not just borrow players but actually buy some.
Signed

King Cjay

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:29 pm With Clarke, Jansson, Saiz, Sacko, Ekuban etc we must have bought in £20mil.

Are we going to spend anything? Not just borrow players but actually buy some.
Costa was 15mil, just the right kinda of signing. Not sure how much McCarron & Mujica were, if I'm even correct in thinking they were permanent.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Or was Costa a loan with option to buy?
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Costa is a loan with a 4 yr deal in place next summer, presumably based on promotion or not.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Anyone know whats happening with Eunan o'kane and Pawel cibicki? Both players with no chance at leeds even in the under 23's but they are not that bad that no one would be interested in them.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

WhiteRose wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:59 pm Anyone know whats happening with Eunan o'kane and Pawel cibicki? Both players with no chance at leeds even in the under 23's but they are not that bad that no one would be interested in them.
Still have contracts at Leeds I believe

Cibickl was on loan to Elfsborg for the last six months of last season