2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Re: 2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by dezzy »

It was two yellows for Berardi, confusion maybe as the second yellow was worthy of a straight red?
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

We have 3 cbs as it stands Cooper white and Berardi, replacing Pontus is essential, that is not enough cover or ability for the season, it’s stupid and foolish for Bielsa to think it’s enough, he has to take lessons from last year. As it stands a cb and a 10 and were good to go, if we let any other senior players go they must be replaced by equal or better players. I expect Roofe to go and Phillips to stay, if that happens and we get three in, we’ll be stronger than last year. Too many ifs and buts right now to get too worked up, but right now I’m not as optimistic as I was two weeks ago, not much done and a lot more to do, worrying when we’re off to Oz this week and how much Bielsa puts into preparation
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It'll cost us 10-15M to get better than Roofe
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Having been quietly confident just a week ago I feel that the wheels have come off and it's going to be a nightmare. We need two centre halves, and if Roofe goes another striker. Where is that money going to come from? It won't be Radz!
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

MightyWhites wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:04 pm Having been quietly confident just a week ago I feel that the wheels have come off and it's going to be a nightmare. We need two centre halves, and if Roofe goes another striker. Where is that money going to come from? It won't be Radz!
Why 2 CBs? One certainly to replace Jansson, but I think we're covered with White, Cooper, Berardi and Strujic.

Roofe hasn't gone yet. I wouldn't be against another striker though.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

faaip wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:41 pm It'll cost us 10-15M to get better than Roofe
Not necessarily - it didn’t exactly break the bank to get him here in the first place. What it takes is a scouting network identifying the right target. Which takes time - something leeds fans aren’t willing to accommodate at the moment.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

faaip wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:41 pm It'll cost us 10-15M to get better than Roofe
Not necessarily - it didn’t exactly break the bank to get him here in the first place. What it takes is a scouting network identifying the right target. Which takes time - something leeds fans aren’t willing to accommodate at the moment.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Rumour has it that Wolves and Bournemouth are now sniffing round Kalvin Philips. Villa offering 60,00 a week. Leeds have offered Philips more but he has turned it down wanting to be one of the big earners alongside Bamford and Kiko. ( All this according to the Mirror :roll: )
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Brader wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:34 pm Not necessarily - it didn’t exactly break the bank to get him here in the first place. What it takes is a scouting network identifying the right target. Which takes time - something leeds fans aren’t willing to accommodate at the moment.
Over the lasI 15 years I think Leeds fans have been very patient & tolerant
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:51 pm Rumour has it that Wolves and Bournemouth are now sniffing round Kalvin Philips. Villa offering 60,00 a week. Leeds have offered Philips more but he has turned it down wanting to be one of the big earners alongside Bamford and Kiko. ( All this according to the Mirror :roll: )
Southampton are also interested

That's four prem teams touting our future England star :P
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:55 pm Southampton are also interested

That's four prem teams touting our future England star :P
We really need to keep him....show our statement of intent!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Think we may need to break our salary scale to keep him and even then we're probably going to lose him because we don't play prem football.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Brader wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:40 pm Not necessarily - it didn’t exactly break the bank to get him here in the first place. What it takes is a scouting network identifying the right target. Which takes time - something leeds fans aren’t willing to accommodate at the moment.
We source and developed Roofe, we have Mujuca, Kun and Edmondson if we want to go down that route. I think if we want to replace him with another 25 goal a season man we're going to have to shell out more than 10M and even then. That goal of his last night was top draw, looked easy but it really wasn't...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

More reports the club are trying to offload Kiko, mistake imo and stinks of cost cutting.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:52 pm More reports the club are trying to offload Kiko, mistake imo and stinks of cost cutting.
Saw the same sh*te article you probably did.

Photo here though that clearly shows how Kiko was 100% right to come out and he was comfortably going to get to the ball before the Derby player.

Attachments
Kiko-Casilla-Liam-Cooper.jpg
Kiko-Casilla-Liam-Cooper.jpg (95.9 KiB) Viewed 3214 times
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:30 pm Saw the same sh*te article you probably did.

Photo here though that clearly shows how Kiko was 100% right to come out and he was comfortably going to get to the ball before the Derby player.

Spot on i agree, Casilla has been made a bit of a scapegoat for that.

I hope he stays.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Ah Weasel and his over chewed bone 🍖 :love:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:37 pm Ah Weasel and his over chewed bone 🍖 :love:
Well it annoys me when people. especially those that should know better such as Phil Hay, blame KC. As the photo shows KC was only just outside his penalty area, still within the 'D.' Hardly like he was in a ridiculous position 40 yards off his line etc. He has read the danger superbly, got himself into the perfect position to clear and is comfortably going to clear the ball well before the Derby striker. Becasue he has got out early he has even got himself angled well so that there is little danger of the Derby striker blocking the clearance.

It isn't even a situation of any doubt KC has done everything right and would have cleared it bar for Cooper's intervention.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

weasel wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:49 pm Well it annoys me when people. especially those that should know better such as Phil Hay, blame KC. As the photo shows KC was only just outside his penalty area, still within the 'D.' Hardly like he was in a ridiculous position 40 yards off his line etc. He has read the danger superbly, got himself into the perfect position to clear and is comfortably going to clear the ball well before the Derby striker. Becasue he has got out early he has even got himself angled well so that there is little danger of the Derby striker blocking the clearance.

It isn't even a situation of any doubt KC has done everything right and would have cleared it bar for Cooper's intervention.
I've found there's a sort of disdain for sweeper keepers in the English game in general, mate. Don't let it get to you, even when the evidence is in your favour.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I must admit I slated kiko for that goal but I hold my hands up , it was totally Coopers mistake. Maybe there was no shout from kiko or Cooper never heard it but in any case its clear kiko had it all under control.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk