2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Re: 2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by mothbanquet »

Well, looks like Kalvin's contract negotiations are underway. If we can keep him and get hold of that 'next Modric' from the arse end of Bosnia as cover, that'll be very encouraging in my books.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Football Insider reporting MB wants 1 more "game changing" attacking player.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:47 am Football Insider reporting MB wants 1 more "game changing" attacking player.
Blimey a game changer, we didn't have one of them last season apart from JC on a couple of occasions
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:34 am 1) It does yeah but looking at it another way, isnt it plausible the club could find a replacement for Philips for a lot less then £20mil and MB could then spend the rest on other areas? Nobody saw the KP improvement coming after all.

2) Tbf to Southgate he did pick Mason Mount.

3) They do but isnt it possible that KP has reached his peek now? What happens if he regresses like Mowatt for example. Same argument used for selling Clarke for example.

4) And that is the issue though, clubs are driving up the price of home grown talent and its unsustainable, very soon only a select flew clubs will be able to afford them and then what will happen?

5) JC as an attacking player should automatically cost a premium tbf and as you say the home grown stuff drives up prices. Clubs pay through the nose for potential and Jack clearly has lots (or clubs like Man City and Spurs wouldn't have wanted him). As you say we arent innocent in driving up the prices but £10mil is peanuts to Spurs, do feel we could and should have squeezed them for more.

It is nice to see tbf to Radz, although I'll wait till the contract is signed, still suspicious why this was leaked.
It is plausible, but why take that risk? You've spent the summer saying that we waste money all the time etc, so why do you think its be different?

He did, but I think it's strange to overlook Phillips, given the season he had. Don't think I'm going churlish to suggest that Mount's manager may have had something to do with his selection...

It's possible he's reached his peak, but he club and coaches clearly believe there is more to come. I think the issue with Mowatt was that he didn't have the physical attributes to succeed at this level. He's still very accomplished technically. Phillips has proved himself more than Clarke and hasn't missed 2 months with a mystery illness.

I don't know what the answer is regarding inflating transfers, but that point was more about why that other lad might be cheaper.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Tweet from Phil Hay in an ongoing discussion on Jannson that relations between him and the club (Bielsa?) have broken down (issue with attitude amongst other things) and he believes a parting of the ways is inevitable. Suggests he will be replaced despite White coming in. Make of that what you will
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Been an issue since Bielsa arrived IMO, can't be helped and if we can't bury the hatchet then we move on
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:57 pm Tweet from Phil Hay in an ongoing discussion on Jannson that relations between him and the club (Bielsa?) have broken down (issue with attitude amongst other things) and he believes a parting of the ways is inevitable. Suggests he will be replaced despite White coming in. Make of that what you will
Lose Pontus & we'll have the smallest back four in the championship :shock:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Name doing the rounds atm.

Kristian Bielik.

6ft 2 21 year old Polish cb can also play as a dm.

Immense for Charlton last season (MOTM in the Playoff Final)

Went to the Euro U21 Championships this summer with Poland and shone their scoring two goals.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:22 pm Lose Pontus & we'll have the smallest back four in the championship :shock:
I think we'd replace Jansson plus Struijk is 6'2 and a half if we don't. Plus I'd rather have a good center half than a just a tall one. We'll manage even if we don't replace PJ ..if he goes.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Just to recap.

Jansson is off to Brentford.
Kemar Roofe to Rangers "has legs " according to Adam Pope.
Liam Kitching is off to Forest Green.

Think thats all for today
Signed

King Cjay

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:56 pm Just to recap.

Jansson is off to Brentford.
Kemar Roofe to Rangers "has legs " according to Adam Pope.
Liam Kitching is off to Forest Green.

Think thats all for today
Who?

From what I've read today (could all be bollocks, of course), Rangers see Roofe as an ideal replacement should Moreno(sic?) go. That doesn't mean we are touting him about. From the player's point of view, he might as well drop down into League 1 as that is the standard in the Scottish Prem. Don't see it, myself, but who knows?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:13 pm Who?

From what I've read today (could all be bollocks, of course), Rangers see Roofe as an ideal replacement should Moreno(sic?) go. That doesn't mean we are touting him about. From the player's point of view, he might as well drop down into League 1 as that is the standard in the Scottish Prem. Don't see it, myself, but who knows?
Young full back
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Think it's 8 out and 9 in atm ..
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Cheers, faaip. What is he, U18 or U23, genuinely not seen his name before?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

U23's I think, but behind Davis and Oduor at LB ...can play a bit of CB too I think
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Probably a smart move for the lad to move on, sounds like he's a long way from the first team
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:42 pm Cheers, faaip. What is he, U18 or U23, genuinely not seen his name before?
He spent the whole of last season on loan at Harrogate
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Mings going to Villa for £20M rising to £26.5M. :o Hopefully, that will strap them for any dosh for Kalvin.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Kitching is a centre half btw, but he was well down the pecking order, and spent the last two seasons at Harrogate Town.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Seem to recall him playing left back for us at some point..U23's of course.