2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Why do you think Bielsa wants Harrison back? Leeds fans think he's s**t Bielsa thinks a lot of him..Leeds fans love Bielsa. That's almost a paradox.

What's the 1M for if it's not a loan fee?

Personally having pinned my colours to the masts of Rads, Orta and especially Bielsa I'm going to trust the logic of the resign IF IT HAPPENS. Problem is most of this transfer talk is about as accurate as your star sign blurb in a free newspaper
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:58 pm My favourite ever Italian player (just pips Paolo Maldini), but this isn't even lazy journalism, this is f**king mental!!
Even at 42 he is probably more mobile then a lot of players we have signed :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:59 pm Why do you think Bielsa wants Harrison back? Leeds fans think he's s**t Bielsa thinks a lot of him..Leeds fans love Bielsa. That's almost a paradox.

What's the 1M for if it's not a loan fee?

Personally having pinned my colours to the masts of Rads, Orta and especially Bielsa I'm going to trust the logic of the resign IF IT HAPPENS. Problem is most of this transfer talk is about as accurate as your star sign blurb in a free newspaper
Bielsa likes players who are willing to learn and do what he tells them.

The money will be a loan fee and then some of his £50k wages on top of that, a lot of money for someone who didnt exactly shine last season?

Tbf MB as great as he is, he is very stubborn, he has a history of standing by under performing players, he likes a small squad and once you are part of that it takes a lot for him to lose faith.

If Harrison was free then fair enough but using what tiny amount of money we have an on under performing loan player from last season (straight loan again so no long term benefit) i think its purely based on stubbornness and lack of funds.

Harrison is a player MB knows, better the devil you know (and without the money to fund someone significantly better) thats probably unfortunately the right attitude..
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Clarke edging closer to SPurs for £7-8mil . . . . . . . .Saying nothing :(

And he WILL NOT be loaned out and is expected to be in the Spurs first team competing this season.

So SPurs think he is good enough for their first team, Daniel Levy really has taken the piss, Radz only has himself to blame, couldnt wait to go on tele and tell the world we are skint.

Not all publicity is good Andrea . . . . . . .
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:29 pm Clarke edging closer to SPurs for £7-8mil . . . . . . . .Saying nothing :(

And he WILL NOT be loaned out and is expected to be in the Spurs first team competing this season.

So SPurs think he is good enough for their first team, Daniel Levy really has taken the piss, Radz only has himself to blame, couldnt wait to go on tele and tell the world we are skint.

Not all publicity is good Andrea . . . . . . .
According to who?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:19 pm According to who?
Cant remember the guys name but he is apparently like the Spurs Phil Hay.

Clarke will be in the Tottenham first team.

You dont spend nothing for 18months then spend on a kid to loan out for years down the line, makes no sense.

Poch wants to improve his team now not in 3 or 4 years.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:27 pm Cant remember the guys name but he is apparently like the Spurs Phil Hay.

You dont spend nothing for 18months then spend on a kid to loan out for years down the line, makes no sense.

So it was a guy who gets things wrong most of the time and doesn't really understand football?

Tottenham haven't spent money on players for ages because of the stadium (notably the delay and the rising cost), now that is built they presumably can now budget again and have given Pochetinno funds, I doubt Clarke will be their only signing.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:27 pm Cant remember the guys name but he is apparently like the Spurs Phil Hay.

The YEP are still saying we haven't received any bids and tbh, I doubt he'd be in training if we'd agreed to sell him. I'll wait until official confirmation before getting pissed off. Too many itks begging for retweets, clicks and attention.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:04 pm So it was a guy who gets things wrong most of the time and doesn't really understand football?

Tottenham haven't spent money on players for ages because of the stadium (notably the delay and the rising cost), now that is built they presumably can now budget again and have given Pochetinno funds, I doubt Clarke will be their only signing.
I expect he will be like Juan Foyth, in and around the first team, thats what Spurs fans expect.

Frankly I'm tired of debating Clarke now, find it hugely disappointing and think our fans trying to justify it are kidding themselves imo.

The only thing that could improve it is who we spend the money on for me, if its quality additions to the first 11 then great.

So i will wait for that.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

[/url]
SG90 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:13 pm The YEP are still saying we haven't received any bids and tbh, I doubt he'd be in training if we'd agreed to sell him. I'll wait until official confirmation before getting pissed off. Too many itks begging for retweets, clicks and attention.
True mate

Be nice to have some incoming news to distract.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

We have fans complaining we haven't signed anyone but we won't sign anyone until we raise funds. As such unfortunately the sooner Clarke/PJ/KP or maybe even just Forshaw goes then the sooner we can get players in. Sadly not much movement apart from Ekuban in terms of our surplus players and don't even know if we have received that money yet.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:20 pm I expect he will be like Juan Foyth, in and around the first team, thats what Spurs fans expect.

Frankly I'm tired of debating Clarke now, find it hugely disappointing and think our fans trying to justify it are kidding themselves imo.

The only thing that could improve it is who we spend the money on for me, if its quality additions to the first 11 then great.

So i will wait for that.
Spurs fans will be clueless regarding Clarke ..they've probably seen a couple of goals but that's it...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:31 pm Spurs fans will be clueless regarding Clarke ..they've probably seen a couple of goals but that's it...
Doesnt really matter what they think though.

Im convinced Clarke will be in the Spurs first team and convinced if and when he goes we will regret it, same as i was Vieira ( the only player we seem to agree on) :)
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:47 pm Doesnt really matter what they think though.

Im convinced Clarke will be in the Spurs first team and convinced if and when he goes we will regret it, same as i was Vieira ( the only player we seem to agree on) :)
Your mistaking what I hold to be true with what I think. I think Jack could be a very good player I'd have him at 3 on a list of promising LUFC youngsters behind Shack and Bogusz and just ahead of Halme and Struijk. I personally would not want to sell him I'm very loyal and love continuity I want to keep everyone from last season and just add a couple of players esp. at LW and AMF

What I hold to be true is Jack Clarke after whatever the issue was he was very poor, lost possession at will, defenders had worked him out, his passing was poor, he couldn't beat the first man anymore. Didn't look anything like the player we'd seen for a couple of games earlier and what I hold to be true is that affects his price. If he finished the season like Daniel James then yes 20M is on the table (a couple of mill more for Clarke as he's a little younger but James only went for 18 m and that is probably a total amount including future payments.) ..but he didn't and we're now selling at his lowest point in the market for a while. It's actually not a good time to sell him.

If we sell him 8-13 M based on current knowledge it's a good price...Would I sell him if I were running the club? Absolutely not but then I don't really think we need to spend big money in the window and I'm perfectly happy starting what we have next season reinforced by maturing young players. I'd gamble he get's his mojo back but if he doesn't I've lost the club lets say 10M in revenue
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Vierra started 6 games for a mid table Serie A team...He was further advanced as a player than Jack having played for the England set up and a good number of full caps for us. He started 6 games for Samdoria.

Clarke would be going to a much better team playing in a stronger league with better teams throughout it and he'd be doing it younger and less experienced. If he finds his feet and form quickly I'd imagine ten appearances off the bench and if pressed I'd take the under
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:05 pm Vierra started 6 games for a mid table Serie A team...He was further advanced as a player than Jack having played for the England set up and a good number of full caps for us. He started 6 games for Samdoria.

Clarke would be going to a much better team playing in a stronger league with better teams throughout it and he'd be doing it younger and less experienced. If he finds his feet and form quickly I'd imagine ten appearances off the bench and if pressed I'd take the under
Agreed.

I'll be astounded if he makes a Premier league start next season or even the one after for Spurs, a big difference between a dozen decent appearances for a Championship team and playing for a team that have Champions league aspirations each year, I think it's a bad move fpr Leeds, Jack Clarke and will not improve the Spurs team.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Looking like Liam McCarron will be signing from Carlisle for £250k. 18 year old speedy winger, initially to be for the u23s.

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/177 ... ref=twtrec
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I probably have seen about as much of McCarron as Spurs fans have of Clarke..So I feel fully qualified in saying he'll go straight into the first team squad and be a key player.

250K for a young winger with potential seems like a steal too,
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:03 pm I probably have seen about as much of McCarron as Spurs fans have of Clarke..So I feel fully qualified in saying he'll go straight into the first team squad and be a key player.

250K for a young winger with potential seems like a steal too,
That's what I was saying about Clarke. £10m for Tottenham is like us spending £250k. Hence why we should have demanded more.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No, that's about right for both and I assume we'd apply add ons ourselves.