Izzy Brown

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Izzy Brown

Post by weasel »

Nice to see Izzy Brown tweeting this as he left the club:

In a post on Twitter ahead of his return to Stamford Bridge, Brown wrote: “I don’t know what to say, words can’t describe what we feel right now.

“I just want to say thank you for the love and support this season even though it didn’t end the way we all wanted it to. It’s been a pleasure to be able to play for this amazing club.

“I’m sorry that I haven’t played as much (as) I hoped this season but that’s football. I’ve learned so much and it’s been a pleasure to have been on this journey with the boys.

“Thank you for sticking with me through the difficult times. It’s really appreciated.”

So who would be up for us taking Izzy Brown again next season assuming that he would be fully fit? I don't buy into theories Bielsa didn't rate him or there was an attitude problem as if that was the case Bielsa would have simply terminated the loan regardless of any costs as he didn't want players around that weren't part of his plans (hence the mass exodus of loan players). As such for me it was simply a case that Brown wasn't at a fitness level that Bielsa required but that with the summer break it may be that Brown would be 100% fit for next season.
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Izzy Brown

Post by Doire_Boi »

I still don't understand why he hit that free kick at the end of the game.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Would be no surprise to me to see him and Harrison back here next season.
hector

Post by hector »

Sell Bamford and keep Brown to see if he can get fit out of season
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

He's going to Town for £10m, you can guarantee it.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:39 am Nice to see Izzy Brown tweeting this as he left the club:

In a post on Twitter ahead of his return to Stamford Bridge, Brown wrote: “I don’t know what to say, words can’t describe what we feel right now.

“I just want to say thank you for the love and support this season even though it didn’t end the way we all wanted it to. It’s been a pleasure to be able to play for this amazing club.

“I’m sorry that I haven’t played as much (as) I hoped this season but that’s football. I’ve learned so much and it’s been a pleasure to have been on this journey with the boys.

“Thank you for sticking with me through the difficult times. It’s really appreciated.”

So who would be up for us taking Izzy Brown again next season assuming that he would be fully fit? I don't buy into theories Bielsa didn't rate him or there was an attitude problem as if that was the case Bielsa would have simply terminated the loan regardless of any costs as he didn't want players around that weren't part of his plans (hence the mass exodus of loan players). As such for me it was simply a case that Brown wasn't at a fitness level that Bielsa required but that with the summer break it may be that Brown would be 100% fit for next season.

I'd take Brown and Harrison if we could get a discount on both...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"