Had Enough

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Had Enough

Post by faaip » Wed May 15, 2019 10:54 pm

Stanley007 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:48 pm
Casilla WTF. Bamford not on same page as rest of team. Referee shocking performance
Ref clearly influenced by the game v Villa and Derby and stamped down way too hard on us.

Mick Jones shoulder
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Mick Jones shoulder » Thu May 16, 2019 5:14 am

Cooper biggest culprit for me mix up with Casilla, the keeper facing play and deals with that all day. Penalty covering defender and he pulls him back for no reason, prick. Overall good season lovely football but another case of what night have been.
Can't make excuses re the corrupt fa or uefa etc all the time plenty of times the the ref wasn't bent or the fixtures weren't congested and we just couldn't get over the line for one reason or another.

Casilla looked at sixes and sevens but I think Shilton probably would have playing behind the 2 central defenders yesterday. 🤔

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Thu May 16, 2019 7:07 am

Stanley007 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:48 pm
Casilla WTF. Bamford not on same page as rest of team. Referee shocking performance
With the first goal Casilla isn't to blame he has come out, has eyes on the ball and is about to leather it when Cooper panics and takes it away from him. Really don't know what Cooper is doing as he is signalling for Casilla to kick it but Casilla is already in the right place but has to wait for the ball to actually get to him. The penalty just compounds a bad night for Cooper as there was just no need to hold the player as Harrison was covering and would have won the ball.
Senor El Weasel

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Thu May 16, 2019 7:12 am

faaip wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:54 pm
Ref clearly influenced by the game v Villa and Derby and stamped down way too hard on us.
Yeah ref decided he was going to show why he is a premier referee and decided the best way to control the game was by booking everybody. Poor performance from him and the yellow card for Phillips was a joke and if he'd done his job properly Berardi wouldn't have been sent off as he was fouled 2 or 3 times in the few seconds before he lost his rag.
Senor El Weasel

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Thu May 16, 2019 7:33 am

Beradi's first yellow also a joke.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Thu May 16, 2019 7:35 am

weasel wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:07 am
With the first goal Casilla isn't to blame he has come out, has eyes on the ball and is about to leather it when Cooper panics and takes it away from him. Really don't know what Cooper is doing as he is signalling for Casilla to kick it but Casilla is already in the right place but has to wait for the ball to actually get to him. The penalty just compounds a bad night for Cooper as there was just no need to hold the player as Harrison was covering and would have won the ball.
Cooper's job there is to continue past the keeper and cover any issue should Casilla not clear his lines.

Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj » Thu May 16, 2019 8:03 am

Got home at 1.30am. 5 of us in car, no one spoke a word for virtually the whole journey. Just devastated.

So bloody near yet so far again..........beginning to think we are genuinely jinxed now when you consider the stupid records we have managed to ' break ' from a negative perspective.

Worst thing is Derby really werent anything special - we just gifted them time after time.

Wanna get away from football for a few weeks now, but then I know like most of you, will be ready to go again as this club, however much it hurts me on nights like that, will forever me in my blood until the day I die. MOT
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Thu May 16, 2019 8:40 am

faaip wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:35 am
Cooper's job there is to continue past the keeper and cover any issue should Casilla not clear his lines.
Crikey in total agreement with you. I always in a situation where my keeper had come that far would then go past my keeper so that I would be in a position to try to block any goalbound shot that could follow, or clear the ball if the keeper missed it and it went past him. To compound Cooper's error he played it into a terrible area, if you are going to try to clear there then you need to be steering the ball away from goal. Cooper continue to run towards Casilla meant that even if Casilla had got to the ball and cleared it then it would have likely hit into Cooper and rebounded toward our goal.
Senor El Weasel

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Thu May 16, 2019 8:57 am

It's basic defending technique...Something we have lacked a lot this season. Better defence and we're comfortably up.

Chilli D
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Chilli D » Thu May 16, 2019 12:37 pm

weasel wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:20 pm
See I wouldn't say it got to everyone. Klich had a great game, KP did well, not helped by having to tread a tightrope after that ridiculous booking when he was clattered into by Wilson's follow through (no foul from either player). Dallas And Ayling were up and down all night (and if Ayling had composure in the opposition box he could have had a couple), Harrison's performance was fairly much the same as most of his performances, not better or worse. I think there is enough in this squad that with a bit of fine tuning with 2 or 3 additions we become a lot better. Easy to say but finish more of our chances and cut out conceding sloppy goals and we'd have won the title by a mile. If MB can sort out those problems then next season should be a great one.
This.
Plus I thought Shackleton did well without being quite as effective as Saturday.
I really felt for Pablo, he was really trying but nearly every pass went astray.
I feel the last month of the season really caught up with him and if anyone should have been rested at Ipswich it was him.
He wanted so much to get the club back to the Premiership and he looked devastated and drained after the game.

MidWiltsRed
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by MidWiltsRed » Thu May 16, 2019 8:34 pm

Hi Leeds,

Commiserations to you all from a Swindon Town fan. Stay in their and believe guys. Look at our drop to the bottom, we do not even own our ground!. That may change soon, and I can see us turning the corner and a revival take place.

Leeds always in my heart as favourite team in the 70s. Hopefully you can do it next season. Leeds fans are the best in the land along with the geordies. Amazing YouTube vids of away support.

The secret is a speculate to accumulate in January transfer market. Your board should have strengthened then to make sure you finished top three.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Thu May 16, 2019 10:19 pm

MidWiltsRed wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:34 pm
Hi Leeds,

Commiserations to you all from a Swindon Town fan. Stay in their and believe guys. Look at our drop to the bottom, we do not even own our ground!. That may change soon, and I can see us turning the corner and a revival take place.

Leeds always in my heart as favourite team in the 70s. Hopefully you can do it next season. Leeds fans are the best in the land along with the geordies. Amazing YouTube vids of away support.

The secret is a speculate to accumulate in January transfer market. Your board should have strengthened then to make sure you finished top three.
Have to say in all of this i comfort myself with the knowledge Radz owns the ground :roll:

Welcome to the forum :tup:

And yes to the other bit i highlighted, every man and his dog knows this but we prefer to own our ground . . . . .

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Thu May 16, 2019 10:31 pm

Not calmed down.

I had but then i made the mistake of watching the after bit analysis and it annoyed me more.

We were top longer then any other side (according to Sky) !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure Villa and Derby were never above us all season.

We had it in our hands so many times, Sheffield United at home, Wigan, QPR, Stoke,

4 games left 3 points ahead of 3rd we had the worst away side in the league with 7 sodding points all season visit us, 7!!!!!!!!!!

They went down to 10 men! !!!!!!

Ffs :(

And after screwing that up we managed to throw it all away once more against a side we had battered for 3.5games.

45 sodding minutes was the final nail, i wouldn't mind if Derby outplayed us but they didnt, we opened the door and said "please, i insist you go through to the final".

Dear god we were above Villa and Derby all season, all season neither got a sniff of automatic. Both games vs Villa we were at least match and imo the better side at Villa park and vs Derby we battered them for 3 games and roughly a half. :cry:

Yet here we are being laughed at (understandable) by everyone while two sides who pushed ffp to the limits and maybe broke it are about to go to Wembley, remind me again why are we so scared of FFP? :verysad:

To throw it away in such a horrific manner is pathetic, to throw it away against Derby was a nightmare scenario (Spygate etc). With the Bamford stuff and the controversial stuff with Villa whatever happens wont be pleasant for us, we are going to get both barrels from someone and we only have ourselves to blame.

Ambition goes a long way in football, risk and reward, Villa and Derby took a risk (one of them imo is probably in trouble) we played it overly safe (as usual) and here we are again.

I feel better for that little rant :)

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri May 17, 2019 6:49 am

I feel your pain Cjay, 47 games has taken it's toll

I've been so distraught to even post about the game even though deep down I've always believed Villa would win the play-offs.

What hurt me most is at 2-0 just minutes before half-time we looked comfortable & should have managed the game with ease. Then boom once again we beat ourselves by gifting the rams in a crazy twenty minute period that ultimately cost us in the end. This is not the first time we've blown a game this season, some of our players are simply not good enough mentally or physical to be winners, average players will always make critical & indiscipline errors. All my initial views, reservations & fears I've bored/irritated people on here have comeback to haunt us!

Personally I feel like I'm in mourning, lost heart & far too raw/emotional to post up my opinions right now. I just want forget Leeds United for three months & enjoy the summer.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Fri May 17, 2019 7:22 am

1964white wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:49 am
What hurt me most is at 2-0 just minutes before half-time we looked comfortable & should have managed the game with ease. Then boom once again we beat ourselves by gifting the rams in a crazy twenty minute period that ultimately cost us in the end. This is not the first time we've blown a game this season, some of our players are simply not good enough mentally or physical to be winners, average players will always make critical & indiscipline errors. All my initial views, reservations & fears I've bored/irritated people on here have comeback to haunt us!
100% agreement shocker!!!

We lacked leaders on the pitch. Wilko had Strachan who not only had fire in his belly but a calmness, he could inspire with his play but he was also a tough b*gger who had won titles in Scotland and knew how to handle the pressure. We didn't have any leaders out there and sadly once again when the pressure was at its highest our leader was the biggest wilter. For all Cooper has improved a lot you need a calm head at those times and he hasn't got that - in past seasons he has been red carded when things got too much for him and this season it has been errors in crucial games at crucial times. Like you say mentally and then physically he became not good enough at the crucial point. Once the panic set in it took hold - it made others nervy and gave Derby belief.
Senor El Weasel

Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj » Fri May 17, 2019 8:09 am

Two great posts Leon and Weasel - nail on the head. Its been an issue for a while now, the lack of a real leader. We have to get someone in that midfield ideally who can sense when then things are going astray, to rally the troops before they start to mentally disintegrate which lets face it is what happened from the 44th minute on Wednesday and also occur ed in that horrible game versus Wigan.

There is simply no one capable of doing this right now in this squad - in time KP may be the man, but certainly not at this stage in he's career - problem, is these types of leaders are costly and for a reason as not only are they great players physically but they have the mindset not only to up their own game but to drag lesser lights with them. Strachan as you say was that player under Wilko, Bremner under Revie, although you could argue there were plenty of other leaders in that side.
Who is going to be our Strachan or Bremner of today ?!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!

SaraM
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by SaraM » Fri May 17, 2019 8:12 am

Being in mourning is a good way of describing it - I fell in love with something that has died, at least for now.

I'm torn between wanting to forget all about it, and the need to keep memories and hopes alive.

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Post by gessa » Fri May 17, 2019 8:29 am

We had a chance and blew it but going back to last year we are where I'd hope we'd be now, infact a little better. I wanted us to get in a manager that was to be given time to build something,getting us to the play offs or very close with improvement in the team and style of football, we got that, I'd had enough of seeing 2 or 3 new managers per season, all with little or no idea what it's like to manage a job of this size. I wanted 2 or 3 new additions on the pitch, we got that but this is where it has fallen flat a little, non have made an impact. Now for me keeping Bielsa has to be priority, sure I hope he will have learnt from his mistakes, he'll now know about the intensity of managing in what is probably the toughest most competitive division in football. We need 3 or 4 better players, anyone coming in will know the phylosopy Bielsa works by and wouldn't be scared of hard work. Disappointed yes but we're in a better position now than any other time in the last 16 years to go for promotion. MOT.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Fri May 17, 2019 8:50 am

Gurj wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:09 am
There is simply no one capable of doing this right now in this squad - in time KP may be the man, but certainly not at this stage in he's career - problem, is these types of leaders are costly and for a reason as not only are they great players physically but they have the mindset not only to up their own game but to drag lesser lights with them. Strachan as you say was that player under Wilko, Bremner under Revie, although you could argue there were plenty of other leaders in that side.
Who is going to be our Strachan or Bremner of today ?!
You look at your central players usually either a centreback or central midfielder and they need to be that rock that is unflappable. In the Sheff U build up we had PJ getting himself too worked up (biggest game of our lives stuff) when it needed calmness - it was just another game. Then in midfield and although Klich led by example he doesn't come across as a captain figure in terms of calming people down, KP gets himself too worked up, like PJ, and Hernandez is similar to Klich in that he doesn't look like a great talker and without examining his career is he a big game player?

Too many of our players got caught up in the occasion and were then like rabbits in the headlights. The hardest thing in football is usually winning that first trophy, being able to get over the line. It isn't a surprise that a lot of promoted sides then get promoted again the year after as they have got over the first hurdle and learnt how to win the important matches. That was key for our title triumph in 1992 as we had a lot of the players who had held their nerves just 2 seasons earlier in getting promoted on the last day of the season, Man Utd wilted and we just kept going game at a time. The following year Man U were lucky in that the only other team challenging them was Aston Villa who didn't know how to win things either - if memory serves me right Man U didn't have to win a match to win the title they won it because Aston Villa lost a match. Once Man U got that initial title they then were able to win it many times as they knew they were winners.

That said sometimes youthful inexperience can be just as vital, the no fear, not being used to failing atittude. We were caught with a middle aged team (football career wise) in the main with players that had failed before (with us as Cjay pointed out). It might be that if Bielsa doesn't want the journeymen pros coming in that our best option is the youth, who have become accustomed to winning.

Still hope next season we have the title wrapped up with 10 matches to go so we don't have any crucial matches to bottle it!
Senor El Weasel

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Fri May 17, 2019 9:07 am

gessa wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:29 am
Disappointed yes but we're in a better position now than any other time in the last 16 years to go for promotion. MOT.
Indeed we are. When we went close under Grayson all we did was then weaken the team and expecting Grayson to somehow perform miracles. When we went close 2 years ago we then sold Wood and allowed Green to leave and didn't sign Bartley - those 3 and PJ were the nucleus of that side. We needed to improve but we significantly weakened (we let those players leave and then had a scattergun approach in the transfer market rather than target a few quality additions). This summer we haven't got players that can leave that were as vital as Wood was to that team. We can lose KP, PJ and others but if Bielsa stays and we get in the players he chooses then I am confident we are stronger next season. I don't really see any great teams in the championship next season. The 3 relegated teams aren't anything special and similarly the teams that lose in the play offs aren't better than we were this season. Hopefully if we loan players they will be a step up on the loanees this season. Huddersfield got promoted because of the strength of their loan players and if Derby do this season it will be a similar story. Sheff Utd, I think, conceded the least amount of goals and a huge factor was their loan goalkeeper.
Senor El Weasel

Advertisment