Leeds Utd v Derby County. 2nd leg Semi Final Play Off

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Derby County

Poll ended at Wed May 15, 2019 6:45 pm

0-0
6%
1-0
25%
2-0
31%
2-1
19%
3-1
No votes
3-2
No votes
0-1
No votes
0-2
No votes
1-2
6%
1-3
No votes
2-3
No votes
Any other draw
13%

Total votes: 16

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Leeds Utd v Derby County. 2nd leg Semi Final Play Off

Post by Ellandback1 »

skysports-leeds-united-derby-county_4542714.jpg
.....................................................Leeds Utd v Derby County
..............Wednesday 15th May 2019 at 7.45pm
.........................Streaming links to follow

Hi Folks

Leeds will defend the slenderest of leads back to fortress Elland Road for the second leg of the Semi Final Play offs without key striker Kemar Roofe.

The Whites leading scorer picked up a calf injury during the first leg, and with Bielsa having one eye on Wembley, does not want to risk further damage.

Bielsa also stated at his presser earlier today that Roberts, Alioski and Forshaw would all be ruled out of the final at Wembley, should Leeds make it!

Jansson who Bielsa described as the best player in the Championship has a 50/50 chance of starting. Berardi, who had a faultless game on Saturday is on standby. Interestingly, at today's presser, Bielsa described Berardi as indispensable!

Young Jamie Shackleton will deputise for Forshaw. Could this be a blessing in disguise?

Derby forward Martyn Waghorn is still a doubt after missing the first leg with an Achilles tendon injury.

No side has lost at home in the first leg and gone on to the final!
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County. 2nd leg Semi Final Play Off

Post by Genghers »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:45 pm No side has lost at home in the first leg and gone on to the final!
No side has failed to go up when top at new year for 10 years.. maybe we could kill both birds with one stone? :)

Shackleton more than deserves to keep his place, regardless of Forshaw's fitness. Gives the midfield so e much needed pace and I'd say he's similar to Roberts in that he likes to get at defenders.

The young kids give Lampard something else to think about as I'm sure he has seen slightly less of them. Think I'd prefer to see Bogusz over Clarke as a sub and Shack move wide. Jack's just not hit the same heights since his illness...

Hopefully we can get an early goal to settle any nerves and push on like we did vs. West Brom here.
gessa

Post by gessa »

I wish we'd have kept the Roofe injury under wraps, Derby would be training on how to keep Roofe quiet, then an hour before kick off, they see he's not playing, would have thrown Franks 'meticulous planning' into disarray.
Joking aside, I think we've given them a helping hand announcing this.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

There isn't an option in the poll for Leeds to win by 3 or more goals! I would have gone for 3-0, because I think we'll have too much for them at home, unless we completely implode.

I imagine they must be pretty shot mentally after losing three times, and they looked tired, with tempers fraying. I just hope we keep our cool, and don't let them pull any tricks to get our players sent off.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

gessa wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:20 am I wish we'd have kept the Roofe injury under wraps, Derby would be training on how to keep Roofe quiet, then an hour before kick off, they see he's not playing, would have thrown Franks 'meticulous planning' into disarray.
Joke? i think that would've been a master stroke, but Bielsa's integrity would've ruled against it. Would have loved to think of Lampard's crayon drawing come tearing off the fridge in frustration, magnets flying... :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

That no side has lost stat makes me want to cry, if any side can its us, worried.

Hopeful that Bamford comes back at his best.

Shacks deserves to keep his place.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Just over 24 hours to go before I travel up north for the big game.......cant wait but also very very nervous.

Hope the lads can put in as good a performance as Saturday where we did such a professional job on Derby.

Gutted that Roofe is out but step forward Mr Bamford - time to prove the many doubters wrong !!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I've never understood why MB has to let the opposition know our team 2 days in advance. Roofes injury should have been kept quiet .
What is wrong with Roberts as he's already been ruled out of Wembley ?
What a time to start getting season ending injuries. Douglas, Ali, Forshaw, Roberts. It seems we dont get 1 or 2 week injuries but long term mostly.
The time has come again for this team to stand up and be counted in the ER couldron. My biggest fear is how they will react should Derby equalise. If we get an early goal it should only mean one thing but hey...this is Leeds.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

BGwhite wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:25 pm ...this is Leeds.
Our biggest strength and biggest weakness in three words. :roflmao:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:25 am No side has failed to go up when top at new year for 10 years.. maybe we could kill both birds with one stone? :)
Would be typical Leeds
Genghers wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:25 am Shackleton more than deserves to keep his place, regardless of Forshaw's fitness. Gives the midfield so e much needed pace and I'd say he's similar to Roberts in that he likes to get at defenders
Shackleton has to start, I'm mystified why he hasn't had more opportunities
Genghers wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:25 am The young kids give Lampard something else to think about as I'm sure he has seen slightly less of them. Think I'd prefer to see Bogusz over Clarke as a sub and Shack move wide. Jack's just not hit the same heights since his illness..
Can't see Bogusz playing in the first team this season
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:20 am I wish we'd have kept the Roofe injury under wraps, Derby would be training on how to keep Roofe quiet, then an hour before kick off, they see he's not playing, would have thrown Franks 'meticulous planning' into disarray.
Yes Bielsa should have kept Roofe's injury in his bucket
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:35 pm Just over 24 hours to go before I travel up north for the big game.......cant wait but also very very nervous.
What stand are you in Gurj ?
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

I think as far as naming line-ups and keeping injuries a secret, I expect from a managers point of view you prepare regardless for whatever potential opposition line up you are likely going to face. For example MB will have ideas on a Derby side with or without Waghorn tomorrow. When he knows the final line-up it won't be a case of "Oh no Waghorn is fit and will be playing but I didn't plan on this". Any manager worth his salt of which MB certainly is prepares for all this well beforehand. As far as Lampard is concerned and joking aside, as soon as he heard Roofe and Roberts were a doubt nevermind out for the remainder he will have turned his attention to Bamford as Roofe would almost certainly have started given his form against Derby this season. I just really hope Shackleton gets the nod because he is has just been so exciting to watch so far with what he offers at this crucial time.

We're going up no doubt about it and I look forward to seeing MB name his side for the opening game of the season against Liverpool the first week the players come back for pre season training :)
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

1964white wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:15 pm What stand are you in Gurj ?
South Stand tonight Leon, nerves are well and truly kicking in now.

What time you getting there tonight mate ? I will be in The Peacock for about 5.30pm. Be good to buy you a pint to calm the nerves.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:06 am South Stand tonight Leon, nerves are well and truly kicking in now.

What time you getting there tonight mate ? I will be in The Peacock for about 5.30pm. Be good to buy you a pint to calm the nerves.
Hopefully by 7pm but it has been a nightmare for evening home matches of late so we could be delayed again. I'll give you a bell later mate
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Well I'm as anxious as I've ever been about a football match. All I can think about is getting to the pub to watch it.

I had my time away from football when we were last in the playoffs, so missed the heartbreak of that season... just hope it ends better this time!

Im confident that we'll win if we stick to our game plan, which only makes me more nervous!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Mr Wide eyes gives his opinion... seems unsure of everything
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

SaraM wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:55 am There isn't an option in the poll for Leeds to win by 3 or more goals! I would have gone for 3-0, because I think we'll have too much for them at home, unless we completely implode.

I imagine they must be pretty shot mentally after losing three times, and they looked tired, with tempers fraying. I just hope we keep our cool, and don't let them pull any tricks to get our players sent off.
I have a feeling if anyone gets sent off tonight it might be Keogh.
Also wouldn't it be genius if Roofs does play tonight!
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

That's way too close for comfort, I'll have heart failure if it plays out like that!
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden