The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 13th May)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 13th May)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds will be without Adam Forshaw for the second leg of the Semi play play off against Derby on Wednesday evening.

Fortunately this will give Jamie Shackleton a further opportunity to shine. The 19yo took his chance with both hands and delivered a performance far beyond his years.

Shacks performance can be summed up perfectly by ex gaffer Simon Grayson :-

“I think that it was a blessing in disguise for Leeds because the kid has got energy, he has got pace, especially away from home where Derby weren’t going to be sitting back.”

“He broke forward so many times because of his desire, his work-rate.”

Harrison has come in for a World of abuse this season, but will you ever see a better cross than the one he spoon fed Roofe for the only goal of the game?

Watch the two footed challenge on Dallas leading up to the goal (surely a sending off)?

Fat Frank has come out and said that his team have nothing to lose on Wednesday evening.

Will that make it harder for us to play against them.

Will Bielsa change Leeds tactics?

Were Leeds lucky not to concede a penalty on Saturday?

The behaviour of the Derby players took a lot to be desired.

Watch these two incidents 4 minutes apart, and give me your thoughts.

All I would say is watch the Kough push Coops back to give him space to take a swing at him (or am I wrong?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 13th May)

Post by weasel »

Looks to me like Keogh was trying to throw a punch but was absolutely knackered. Hopefully him and all the Debry players will be knackered as they are not used to trying to play at the temp we force teams to play at.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Good morning!

Be interesting to see how Shackleton plays from the off. Feels like we've been waiting all season to see what he can do.

Harrison is so frustrating because there's always the sense that he's capable of better, and Bielsa must see something to have persevered with him. If his finishing was 50% better we'd be singing his praises by now. Some were saying our left side was weak before Saturday, but both he and Dallas really stepped up.

Keogh is a frothing baboon, an embarrassing lack of control for a captain. Tomori should have seen red; there's a still photo of his tackle, flying in horizontally, both feet off the ground, studs up. If he makes contact with a leg on the ground, then that's potentially a serious injury.

Lampard's comments about the penalty decision are absurd. The linesman is there to assist the referee, and he enabled him to make the right decision. There was no contact.

Lampard saying he'd never seen anything like it before, when the linesman (incorrectly) disallowed Alioski's penalty at ER, shows, once again, that he lacks objectivity, or, more likely, is simply dishonest. He has a sense of entitlement from a privileged life, and his success as a player, which contrasts sharply with Marcelo's grace and humility. Regardless of what else is at stake on Wednesday, it would be so satisfying to defeat him four times in one season.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I never liked Lampard as a player, either, and hated that England side with him, Gerard, Terry and Rooney.

The golden generation; prize twats, more like.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I didn't see a penalty incident, saw a foul from behind by their player on ours as he was trying to clear at one point.

Keogh had intent when he threw that punch...a much worse crime than Klich's. Then Huddlestone leveled Dallas with a forearm to the head area, deliberately following through.

Stunning ball from Harrison but absolutely pointless if Roofe's movement wasn't perfect. As Roofe settles back into the striker role he will continue to scare the life out of defenders. 15 goals from 26 starts now, still think we go up auto and he gets 25-27 goals in the season if he starts every game as striker.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning all.

Hope Shacks plays well. My main concern with youngsters is consistency but we will see.

Will MB change tactics. Nope 1-0 is too narrow a lead. However I would love us just to keep the ball for the first 20 mins just to show the world how teams just sit back against us.

The Keogh our players will need to take a step back on Weds. Characters like him have a knack of starting all sorts of disputes on the pitch. Let the ref sort it out.

We’re we fortunate not to concede? You bet. But justice was done. No doubt Frank will something of the incident ahead of the game. Will they be harder to play against because of the game situation. Hardly the prize is there al 22 players will know what it personally means to them to make the final.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Frank says that a linesman overruling a refs decision has never been done before in living memory. He is absolutely flabbergasted that things like that can happen. Outraged at the injustice of it all... and simply forgets that same thing happened with Alioski when we played Derby. Selective memory or what?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:16 am Stunning ball from Harrison but absolutely pointless if Roofe's movement wasn't perfect. As Roofe settles back into the striker role he will continue to scare the life out of defenders. 15 goals from 26 starts now, still think we go up auto and he gets 25-27 goals in the season if he starts every game as striker.
Completely agree about Roofe.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

This is the other video.

It accured 4 minutes after the Keogh swing at Cooper.

Derby players told to wind the Leeds players up????

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Morning folks, one down, two to go!

Leeds will be without Adam Forshaw for the second leg of the Semi play play off against Derby on Wednesday evening.

Agree wholeheartedly with Grayson here. If ever there was a time this season to start Shack, it's now. Playoffs are not just a test of nerve and courage but also physical endurance, and this lad's pace alone will make defenders groan aloud at the thought of having to contain him.

Harrison has come in for a World of abuse this season, but will you ever see a better cross than the one he spoon fed Roofe for the only goal of the game?

Although I still believe he's still the weakest part of the squad, he came through for us on Saturday and you can't ask more of him than that. If that assist means the difference between promotion and not, I'll bid him farewell in the summer with honest well wishes for the future.

Fat Frank has come out and said that his team have nothing to lose on Wednesday evening. Will that make it harder for us to play against them.

Sorry for the reality check, Frank, but you have everything to lose. He clearly wants to settle nerves but his team won't feel the same way. After three losses in a season against us, you can bet that while some will be trying to put a bit of fire into their teammates' hearts, most will privately be dreading the idea of doing it all over again and possibly feel defeated before they've begun.

Will Bielsa change Leeds tactics?

Neither will he nor should he. If it ain't broke, etc etc.

Were Leeds lucky not to concede a penalty on Saturday?

Yes, but only because we've had dog's luck with officials for so long, that we had a penalty decision correctly overturned would seem more like fortune than anything else.

Watch these two incidents 4 minutes apart, and give me your thoughts.

Keogh to see red shortly after we score our first on Wednesday. Mark my words.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

@apopey

TEAM NEWS: Roofe is out. Forshaw out & Jansson will try and train tomorrow & then we’ll see. #lufc
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

@apopey

Roofe has a calf problem. Bit it’s less serious than Forshaw’s injury.#lufc
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:07 am @apopey

Roofe has a calf problem. Bit it’s less serious than Forshaw’s injury.#lufc
Well. Sh*t.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

so who will lead the line?
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Bamford?
There Is Only One United.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

forgot he has served his ban now!
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Bamford plays leg 1 and it's 0-0 now, he'd have gotten nowhere near that wonderful cross ball. I don't think it's a given that even Roofe had been fit he'd have started. Bamford is our #1 forward.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:27 pm Bamford plays leg 1 and it's 0-0 now, he'd have gotten nowhere near that wonderful cross ball. I don't think it's a given that even Roofe had been fit he'd have started. Bamford is our #1 forward.
Bamford wouldn't have been at the far side as he likes to predominantly come to the left hand side of the penalty area to suit him being left footed. As such he definitely wouldn't have been in the same position as Roofe, and even if he had been it wouldn't have suited him as it wouldn't have been coming to him in a position where he could attack it naturally with his left foot.

But who knows a different chance might have fallen his way. 2 very different strikers and I don't think either would be good at scoring the type of goals that the other one does. It may work to our advantage as it is a different problem for Derby to defend against, although equally although they have more experience of playing against Roofe they haven't yet found a way to stop him scoring.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

In the Keogh clip it is interesting to see what the ref is doing
He is marching straight ahead and not looking at what is going
on behind him. It is only after Keogh takes a swing does he turn around
and look at what is going on.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Leeds need to be prepared for some major disruption tactics on Wednesday as this is the only way Derby can get at Leeds so we need to be ready to step back and hope that the officials don't bottle it like they did on Saturday. I'm guessing that as it's at ER the officials will do the right thing WHEN Derby start their winding up and gamesmanship.
As for Roofe...there are no words. It's just a good job we are overloaded in the striker department...NOT !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk