The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 26th Apr)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 26th Apr)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Just supposing Leeds don't go up in the play offs, offers are bound to come in for our stars!

If you were the Chairman, would you accept these offers?

Jansson 6m

Douglas 1.5m

Alioski 2.5m

Roofe 7m

Bamford 6m

Klich 4.5m

Cooper 4m

Hernandez 2m

Casilla 3m

Dallas 500k

Peacock Farrell 2m

Berardi 1m

Forshaw 1.5m

Phillips 11m

Clarke 8m

If you could revisit one particular occasion earlier in the season to do things differently, where and why?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 26th Apr)

Post by HarryofOz »

Don't sell anyone unless you have a better replacement lined up. The amount received is not relevant.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Agree with Harry on that one. I'd probably accept a decent fee for Clarke though.

I'd revisit the Wigan game, score the penalty and not make the subs. We'd probably still be feeling confident in second place.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Oh I missed the second part

I'd visit the Sheffield United game and stop their goal somehow.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:20 am
ROFL
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Sell Clarke if we can get decent coin.

My hindsight moment whole I get what has been said so far and agree...

I would make a defensive substitution and changed shape straight after we went 2-1 ahead against Forest.

Even coming away from the City ground with a point after being 10 men and a goal down could have been a huge fillip to our performances at that time.

Instead we lost 3 in a row including throwing the cup match and the nerves began to fray...
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I honestly believe Radz & co have no serious cash so we'll have to sell to buy

We require more quality & pace in our side as far too many managers/coaches have sussed us out this season, we need something different & more than just one player (Pablo) to make us tick.

Funny how Radz can afford to purchase the ground but is strapped for cash when comes to signing suitable players.

I doubt we can afford the new floodlights required should we make it to the premiership
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Radz is skint, i firmly believe this was his gamble and now he will be scrambling around for cash.

We were lied to last summer, exciting summer and what not, absolute nonsense.

The 49ers money was going to all go into transfers and the season ticket money, rubbish again, a small part may have but most of it didnt imo, it was used to fill gaps and what not.

I expect everyone to be up for sale.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Do we really know that Radz is skint? I'm not saying that's not the case, but couldn't it equally be the case that he believed getting a world class coach was enough to get us up so kept his hands in his pockets? I think he might be trying to get us up on the cheap, so he can maximise his return when he flogs us as a Prem club. That gamble might still pay off, but if it doesn't, then he should now know that what we have is not quite good enough. Even with MB at the helm. Strengthening is required whatever league we end up in next season. As for bids; if the talk of £20m for Kalvin is genuine, that we'd be mad not to take it. I rate him, been excellent this season, but that sum is ludicrous for a guy who's never kicked a ball in the Premiership.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

everyone are replaceable !

mb worked miracles with that team this season . ... trying to turn a ford anglia into a rolls royce. !
R0lferoo
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by R0lferoo »

I'd accept 20m for Clarke and Phillips,radz will take the money and pop it his bank never too see the light of day again!!

MOT
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

R0lferoo wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:21 am I'd accept 20m for Clarke and Phillips, Radz will take the money and pop it his bank never too see the light of day again!!

MOT
He better not do :evil: