Play-off Dates

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Play-off Dates

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Some dates for the diary now we've pretty much blown automatic promotion....

Championship A 1st Leg, Saturday 11th May 2019, 12.30
Championship B 1st Leg, Saturday 11th May 2019, 17.15

Championship A 2nd Leg, Tuesday 14th May 2019, 19.45
Championship B 2nd Leg, Wednesday 15th May 2019, 19.45

Championship Final, Monday 27th May 2019, 15.00

West Brom are currently in 4th on 77 points, 5 points behind us, Derby have just sneaked back into 6th on 67 points, ahead of Boro on goal difference. West Brom and Villa make up the remaining play-off places.

Who do you fancy our chances against and who don't you want to come up against?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Play-off Dates

Post by HarryofOz »

Something has to give. No team topping the table at the end of December has missed out on promotion in many years. But we've never won a play-off series.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

We have not a hope in the playoffs.

You can see the players confidence is shot to pieces.

We rolled over 2nd half vs Wigan and now Brentford.

Only we could screw up the top at Xmas stat.

Thoroughly fed up of this.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I am going to have to gamble with booking flights to London before the playoffs are complete. Now it would cost around £100 for two one way flights. But getting close to game time that will rocket. Or the flights would become full...

I can get into London City for around 8Am and then get the last flight from Stanstead around 9 that night.

Could anyone help me find a ticket? Surely with 90k at Wembley noone who wants to go would miss out.

Can anyone help?

But how would I be able to buy a ticket without Membership??
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Villa would start favourites for me, Grealish is special and will carve us open at will. Especially over two legs. We get Derby Boro or Brizzle in my opinion...would prefer Bristol city I think
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Would hate Boro because we won't break them down or Derby, because it will just be all spygate nonsense throughout the media and you know Fat Frank will smugly grab a lucky win to go through.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

faaip wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:10 pm Villa would start favourites for me, Grealish is special and will carve us open at will. Especially over two legs. We get Derby Boro or Brizzle in my opinion...would prefer Bristol city I think

Villa are certainly the form side, Derby and Boro both massive potential banana skins waiting to happen.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

On current form we'd be the banana skin ..lets not rule out BC either, they have a game in hand and it looks like v Derby
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Did the spying help us more than we think, we haven't been the same side since.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

faaip wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:22 pm Did the spying help us more than we think, we haven't been the same side since.

I don't think being in the spotlight helped at all.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:22 pm Did the spying help us more than we think, we haven't been the same side since.
Nah. The players didn't know. Same line up every week, tiredness, confidence, pressure, media coverage, opposition desperate to stop us going up etc for me. We desperately needed to freshen it up, but alas that will be our undoing.
Last edited by SG90 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Thought that myself 🤔
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

It’s after results like today and Friday when the pain is raw that winners are born. You can feel sorry for yourself or you can focus on the next task.
We need to press the reset button, get back to where we were. There is no reason we should fear any team. Yes we blew our biggest chance at promotion in a long time, but our next one is justvaround the corner.
Bielsa going on to the pitch to the players will mean a lot, he’s not one to do that, so when he does it has to have an effect. He has to change something.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Don't think it really matters who we get as unfortunately I think any of the contenders will beat us. What they have that we haven't I am not sure, don't think its bottle, maybe its not being able to score.....feeling very deflated.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

4 matches to play then
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Gutted, absolutely gutted. Fridays game did for us.. 😟
Tonight's the final nail !
Don't think we'll do anything in the play-offs. I've been to 3 finals and screwed them all.
But it's still been an eventful season.. 🤔😉😁
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Ok, it’s most likely we play Bristol, Derby or Boro in the semis, nothing tho fear there, in terms of them being superior teams, we just have to get our confidence back, that’s the job of Bielsa, we’ve gone off the boil big time, so lax at the back it’s a disgrace.
Our heads have dropped, players don’t become bad players over night, inconsistent, yes, but all we need is three performances, this squad is a match for any on their day. If The top two win Saturday do we rest Pablo, Pontus Klich? Give Shackleton Clarke or Brown a chance to show something, play Roofe and Roberts together They were great during the season together, Bamford off the bench. It’s all down to Bielsa to turn it around and no better manager to do so.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Has MB ever played a 50 game season before ? Did we just run out of energy due to very little rotation?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:25 pm Has MB ever played a 50 game season before ? Did we just run out of energy due to very little rotation?
Oh faaip.....you do give me the strength to carry on....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:56 pm I am going to have to gamble with booking flights to London before the playoffs are complete. Now it would cost around £100 for two one way flights. But getting close to game time that will rocket. Or the flights would become full...

I can get into London City for around 8Am and then get the last flight from Stanstead around 9 that night.

Could anyone help me find a ticket? Surely with 90k at Wembley noone who wants to go would miss out.

Can anyone help?

But how would I be able to buy a ticket without Membership??
Wish you luck Ian.....really. Hope someone can help.