Brentford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline: Brentford v Leeds Utd (2 votes each as its Easter)

Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:21 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
15%
2-2
No votes
3-3 or higher
No votes
1-0
No votes
2-0
8%
2-1
23%
3-1
8%
3-2
No votes
0-1
No votes
0-2
23%
1-2
15%
1-3
8%
2-3
No votes

Total votes: 13

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Brentford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ.jpg
.....................................................Brentford v Leeds Utd
...................Monday 22nd April at 5.15pm
.......................Streaming links to follow​

Hi Folks

Leeds travel down to West London on Easter Monday for an early evening kick off against Brentford.

We all know that Leeds don't have a particularly good record in England's Capital. In fact Brentford are undefeated at home against Leeds since 1950 (9 games).

No need to elaborate but Good Friday turned out to be a damn awful Friday for the men in White, although looking at the stats, (v Wigan) did Leeds actually play that badly?

216 final third passes (most under Bielsa)
87% pass acc (most under Bielsa)
77% possession (most under Bielsa)
59 crosses (most under Bielsa)
36 shots (most under Bielsa)
30 chances created (most under Bielsa)

Leeds have scored just seven goals in their past 11 league matches against Brentford

Should the gaffer make alterations to our forward line?

Leeds will be without Club Captain Liam Cooper who is nursing a muscle injury sustained in the warm up at Preston earlier in the month. Once again, Berardi will deputise!

The usual suspects - Alioski and Harrison were slated for their performances against the Latics. Will Bielsa shuffle the pack?

Should Clarke start?

Forshaw and Shackleton are fully fit. Would they improve our midfield?

Has Bielsa missed an opportunity not playing Izzy Brown?

Brentford will be without suspended defender Henrik Dalsgaard following his sending off against Millwall.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Re: Brentford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Haighy »

I suspect it'll be the same team. Bielsa doesn't seem to change it much.
I don't think Brown will get a sniff, complete waste of time he's been. It's too late to play him now anyway.
I thought Alioski and Harrison were crap on Friday and would love to see a change. But as I've said, bielsa doesn't seem to like changes.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Same team as Friday, apart from the absent Cooper that is our best XI, we were worse with the introduction of Forshaw, Roofe & Clarke.

Fans crying out for changes but there is not a lot you can do with an inadequate squad

Cooper is a big loss

Roofe is as rusty as a old tin bucket

Forshaw is Mr Average

Clarke can't skin a rice pudding since his illness, should be wrapped up in cotton wool for the season

Dallas is Dallas

Brown is a waste of space

Shackleton (who I rate) & Davis are just bench fillers
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Same team, do a West Brom on 'em, sorted. Blunts will draw with Hull, as you were.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Think you are being harsh on Forshaw.... And Brown....

However.

Same team is more or less expected. Though Pablo needs a rest. But with noone to bring to the party anything like his flair that cant happen... Same mindset.... please no.
If Leeds have any psychologists I hope they are working overtime. It usnt skill we lack it is what is going on between the ears...

If Blunts aren't 3 points ahead by KO we have a chance but it could all be so tricky if they beat Ull
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Biesla needs to learn not to hit the panic button and make pathetic substitution at half time, why bring on Forshaw and Roofe at 1-1? Roofe looks of pace and did sweet F all, lost the ball to easy and missed a sitter in front of goal.
I'm expecting Brentford to win the best we can hope is a draw but would love to be wrong.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:53 pm Think you are being harsh on Forshaw.... And Brown....

However.

Same team is more or less expected. Though Pablo needs a rest. But with noone to bring to the party anything like his flair that cant happen... Same mindset.... please no.
If Leeds have any psychologists I hope they are working overtime. It usnt skill we lack it is what is going on between the ears...

If Blunts aren't 3 points ahead by KO we have a chance but it could all be so tricky if they beat Ull
If the blunts win vs Hull play off's it is for us they have Ipswich at home the week after.
We need to win all our last 3 games to have any chance.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Unless MB is willing to be very brave i dont want any changes.

I'd prefer Struijk over Berardi (total liability vs Wigan).

I'd prefer Shacks over Harrison (Clarke hasnt looked the same since his illness).

I'd like to see Edmondson and Bogusz on the bench.

We've got to go for it, we have put ourselves in this situation and we have to go for the win.

If Hull dont get something off Sheffield United it probably wont matter anyway.

Ipswich and Stoke wont beat them.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:53 pm Think you are being harsh on Forshaw.... And Brown....
What does the injury prone Forshaw give us ?

Does he score goals, does he create chances, does he protect the defence well ?

As for Brown there was talk he'd be ready to play after Christmas, three games to go & where is he ? a pointless signing
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:04 pm What does the injury prone Forshaw give us ?

Does he score goals, does he create chances, does he protect the defence well ?

As for Brown there was talk he'd be ready to play after Christmas, three games to go & where is he ? a pointless signing
I don't get how you can be so scathing of players who haven't had a regular run of late.

Forshaw was defacto Motm v Derby before he got crocked and we haven't saw Brown apart from a last desperate 5 mins v QPR. What more can he do?

We have at least two problems.

1. No squad rotation means it is hard to integrate substitutions.
2. The versions of anti football that we come up against. Not just 10 men behind the ball but 10 men in the box. It is ridiculous
We need to find a way to break these sides down. Pace, power. Aggression. But no-one plays against each other in this league like they play against us.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:15 pm Forshaw was defacto Motm v Derby before he got crocked
Agree his best game in the white shirt of Leeds, he was my MOTM that night
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:15 pm I don't get how you can be so scathing of players who haven't had a regular run of late.

Forshaw was defacto Motm v Derby before he got crocked and we haven't saw Brown apart from a last desperate 5 mins v QPR. What more can he do?

We have at least two problems.

1. No squad rotation means it is hard to integrate substitutions.
2. The versions of anti football that we come up against. Not just 10 men behind the ball but 10 men in the box. It is ridiculous
We need to find a way to break these sides down. Pace, power. Aggression. But no-one plays against each other in this league like they play against us

They really dont do they, teams are absolutely terrified of us and set up as if we are Man City, its ridiculous and because we arent Man City we struggle at times.

Which is exactly why we needed to add the qualities you highlight in January.

We needed to add more pace and guile especially after letting Saiz go.

As far as i am concerned if we dont go up it will be once again down to January for the 3rd season in a row.

But nothing we can do about it now.

Ironically the side we need to beat are loaded with pace and guile, its steel they lack.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

SaraM wrote:Same team, do a West Brom on 'em, sorted. Blunts will draw with Hull, as you were.
I like your way of thinking... good on you... that simple statement gave me a lift... that is what I needed.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

We are in a battle, level on points with second, three games to go and people have given up and are slagging off the players and board.
Spend more money, buy more players put yourself in debt, look at Villa, Stoke, West Bromwich etc, all expensive squads, it’s no garunetee of success. We were already 4 million in the red from last year, please tell me what you expect?
We’re all gutted after Friday, but there is three games to go, please stop slagging off the squad of players for a few weeks untill it’s over.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

dezzy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:04 am We are in a battle, level on points with second, three games to go and people have given up and are slagging off the players and board.
Spend more money, buy more players put yourself in debt, look at Villa, Stoke, West Bromwich etc, all expensive squads, it’s no garunetee of success. We were already 4 million in the red from last year, please tell me what you expect?
We’re all gutted after Friday, but there is three games to go, please stop slagging off the squad of players for a few weeks untill it’s over.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

dezzy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:04 am We are in a battle, level on points with second, three games to go and people have given up and are slagging off the players and board.
Well said dezzy

After the Brum game we were useless, then after 2 wins, we were going to finish top 10 in the prem next season, now we're shite again.
Every single one of us would have taken where we are at the start of the season.
Keep reading how Sheff are more consistent than us, how can they be, being on the same points.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:12 am Well said dezzy

Keep reading how Sheff are more consistent than us, how can they be, being on the same points.
Consistently score more goals than us ges, which gives them a massive advantage and puts them second, above us
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

gessa wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:12 am Well said dezzy

After the Brum game we were useless, then after 2 wins, we were going to finish top 10 in the prem next season, now we're shite again.
Every single one of us would have taken where we are at the start of the season.
It’s crazy, such a defeatist attitude from some, this league is a long hard slog and I’m proud of every single person associated with Leeds United this season. No man is without mistakes and we’ve made plenty but bloody hell our backs are against a wall here, the only thing you can do is fight on until the end not give up.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

All three at the top are struggling with the line approaching, win three and we will go up. I think who ends up 3rd will blow it in the play offs.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Much easier to be less critical when you don't see our poor performances & not spending a fortune supporting Leeds season after season. I've been there when I was living in the south & working in retail & was impossible for me to see every game, when we lost it was like water off a duck's back to me, never use to hurt as much when I wasn't at the games especially in the mid-80's

At times on Friday our football was like a Sunday league stuff