Reece James

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Reece James

Post by 1964white »

Another James we could ponder with :roll: a decent loan signing from Chelsea for the Latics

Best player on the pitch yesterday, at times he made us look daft
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Reece James

Post by Cjay »

Another young England player ahead of your boy in the pecking order :oops:

He was immense yesterday.

Superb talent.

Strong as an ox.

Good on the ball.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

First proper look at Reece James, my good friend who is a Wigan season-ticket holder rates him highly Cjay

Minnows Wigan sign James, we get the likes of Harrison, Baker & crocked up Brown :(
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:58 pm First proper look at Reece James, my good friend who is a Wigan season-ticket holder rates him highly Cjay

Minnows Wigan sign James, we get the likes of Harrison, Baker & crocked up Brown :(
Looks a real prospect, versatile to, somebody Bielsa would love.

Amazing isnt it, Derby got Mount, Wigan got James, Ipswich paid for Celina, Bristol City got Kalas, Villa got Abraham, Wednesday got Hector.

There were decent level Championship players at Chelsea and City, how did we manage to get the worst ones :(
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:04 pm Looks a real prospect, versatile to, somebody Bielsa would love.

Amazing isnt it, Derby got Mount, Wigan got James, Ipswich paid for Celina, Bristol City got Kalas, Villa got Abraham, Wednesday got Hector.

There were decent level Championship players at Chelsea and City,how did we manage to get the worst ones :(
Orta

I still believe Bielsa was influential with the signing of Casilla & the nearly signature of Dan James, both totally different to the ones we brought in during 2018

Hopefully Marcelo will have a bigger say in the summer, I'm pretty sure him & his spies have earmarked a few gems out there
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:04 pm Amazing isnt it, Derby got Mount, Wigan got James, Ipswich paid for Celina, Bristol City got Kalas, Villa got Abraham, Wednesday got Hector
All excellent players

I'm lucky to have seen every team twice in the championship this season apart from Norwich at ER. I often think to myself I wish we had that player in our team. Reece James stood out for me, no doubt some of the Brentford players will catch my eye. Maupay & Benrahma are the two obvious ones but I suspect there'll be a couple of others who could impress me too! Full of admiration for Che Adams & Jarrod Bowen, both had a smashing season & really influential against us.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:44 pm Orta

I still believe Bielsa was influential with the signing of Casilla & the nearly signature of Dan James, both totally different to the ones we brought in during 2018

Hopefully Marcelo will have a bigger say in the summer, I'm pretty sure him & his spies have earmarked a few gems out there
Orta can only sign players with the funds he is given, he has wasted funds sure but at the same time he has had to rebuild the youth teams and 1st team with peanuts.

I agree on Bielsa, i hope he is allowed to have a bigger say in our recruitment, if we dont go up and he isn't then i fear we will see the less understanding side of him.

His patience isnt limitless.

How many times will he put up with being pooed on by our recruitment?

Jozefzoon, Vydra, Hernandez, James, Saiz going, no replacement for Baker, how much longer till he says "you know what sod you".

I really think he has been more then understanding and forgiving so far, i can't see it happening again.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:06 pm All excellent players

I'm lucky to have seen every team twice in the championship this season apart from Norwich at ER. I often think to myself I wish we had that player in our team. Reece James stood out for me, no doubt some of the Brentford players will catch my eye. Maupay & Benrahma are the two obvious ones but I suspect there'll be a couple of others who could impress me too! Full of admiration for Che Adams & Jarrod Bowen, both had a smashing season & really influential against us.
Some fantastic players around.

We have been so close to a few of them :(

Sergi Canos at Brentford would have been ours had we coughed up a few Januarys ago.

Buendia if we hadnt dallied and allowed Norwich to swoop (Stuart Webber said as much the other day).

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but the Canos one still bugs me most of all, always rated him and was so excited when we were linked.

But we wanted a loan and Liverpool wanted a sale.

We never get it right :lol:

Buendia was there for the taking, Phil Hay says James was to if we coughed up earlier in January, Canos to.

Its the Leeds way.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:24 pm Some fantastic players around.

We have been so close to a few of them :(

Sergi Canos at Brentford would have been ours had we coughed up a few Januarys ago.

Buendia if we hadnt dallied and allowed Norwich to swoop (Stuart Webber said as much the other day).

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but the Canos one still bugs me most of all, always rated him and was so excited when we were linked.

But we wanted a loan and Liverpool wanted a sale.

We never get it right :lol:

Buendia was there for the taking, Phil Hay says James was to if we coughed up earlier in January, Canos to.

Its the Leeds way.
Well if we fail this season after the position we were in at Christmas time & even our 3rd position now, 'the Leeds way' is gonna have to change. We cannot just rely on a top coach polishing turds :?

I'll maintain half our squad are average to say the least, there's nothing on our bench to frighten the opposition & even a few of our first-team are inconsistent/erratic performers, that's why we lose to the likes of Wigan, QPR, Birmingham, Hull, Forest, Stoke & Blackburn, none of them pulling any trees up in the championship.

We are the type of team to go beat Brentford & Villa then screw up at Ipswich, a horrible symptom of our season :(
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Cjay wrote: Looks a real prospect, versatile to, somebody Bielsa would love.

There were decent level Championship players at Chelsea and City, how did we manage to get the worst ones :(
Cos Leeds Dilly dally about and end up choosing from the dregs.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

If those players were at Leeds, they'd be far more heavily criticised than they are now.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:29 am If those players were at Leeds, they'd be far more heavily criticised than they are now.
Much easier to look good for Wigan than Leeds. Many great players have come here and completely failed. Billy Paynter highly regarded it seems by most he ..was here and we thought he was poor for us. Think at least one former loanee has gone on to play for England maybe two
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:40 am Much easier to look good for Wigan than Leeds. Many great players have come here and completely failed. Billy Paynter highly regarded it seems by most he ..was here and we thought he was poor for us. Think at least one former loanee has gone on to play for England maybe two
Very true, there is a lot more pressure

Plus let's not forget how many cries over a long period we heard of 'Ayling is rubbish', 'Cooper is rubbish', 'Phillips is rubbish', 'Roofe is rubbish'. And that is just some of our current players.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:29 am If those players were at Leeds, they'd be far more heavily criticised than they are now.
Not if they show their true form Harry

Several loan players performing well in the championship
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:40 am Much easier to look good for Wigan than Leeds. Many great players have come here and completely failed. Billy Paynter highly regarded it seems by most he ..was here and we thought he was poor for us. Think at least one former loanee has gone on to play for England maybe two
Jack Butland & Ross Barkley

Charlie Austin was one to go for out of the Swindon pair, we couldn't afford him though
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:59 am Very true, there is a lot more pressure

Plus let's not forget how many cries over a long period we heard of 'Ayling is rubbish', 'Cooper is rubbish', 'Phillips is rubbish', 'Roofe is rubbish'. And that is just some of our current players.
They were average last season apart from Ayling who missed five months of the campaign

Then Marcelo came along & transformed them.....
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not sure why I posted Paynter I meant Sharpe ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

I think Matthew Pennington became our 100th loan signing since relegation from the premier league, not sure how many we've had since.
Michael Gray
Max Gradel
Rob Hulse
Dougie Freeman
Eric Lichaj
Richard Naylor
Are probably the only one's I remember doing a job here, there probably are a couple of others.
A few went on to play well for others
Marlon King
Barry Bannan
Ross Barklay

We've never had great sucess in the loan market. A 5% sucess rate it seems.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:22 pm Not if they show their true form Harry

Several loan players performing well in the championship
No-one on here sees those players performing for a full match week in and week out like they see the Leeds players. Their opinions are based on seeing them when they play Leeds (twice a year), highlight shows on TV (which only show players doing well) and match reports (which only report on good things players have done during the match).

I bet if we had performed to our ability and beaten Wigan, no-one would even have notice Reece James,