Showboating !

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Showboating !

Post by 1964white »

All those dummy's/back-heels

We're not good enough to showboat, not only that it was showing a lack of respect to the opposition who in the end handled our soft bellied players with considerable ease.

Who the hell do we think we are, the Harlem globetrotters ?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Showboating !

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:06 am All those dummy's/back-heels

We're not good enough to showboat, not only that it was showing a lack of respect to the opposition who in the end handled our soft bellied players with considerable ease.

Who the hell do we think we are, the Harlem globetrotters ?
Well said 64, this is not Don's boys against Southampton in the 70s.

They need to be professional, tough and determined to win, save the fancy flicks for when we're 7-0 up.

A golden chance to win and get our goals difference up to the blunts and they 100% bottled it - end of.

As Bielsa said, this season means nothing if we don't get promotion.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:40 am Well said 64, this is not Don's boys against Southampton in the 70s.

They need to be professional, tough and determined to win, save the fancy flicks for when we're 7-0 up.

A golden chance to win and get our goals difference up to the blunts and they 100% bottled it - end of.

As Bielsa said, this season means nothing if we don't get promotion.
Ditto
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Yesterday needed to be foot on the ball, keep possession, stretch them, tore them and work the gaps. We rushed the final ball too much, silly dummies and shots through very crowded space.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Our performance yesterday was not only technically inept, it was tactically poor. We played into their hands and panicked. Hopefully never to be seen again.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

I will add that it was in my opinion a one-off an not indicative of the quality our players, or our ability to get promoted and cope with being in the Premier League.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

YorkshireSquare wrote:Yesterday needed to be foot on the ball, keep possession, stretch them, tore them and work the gaps. We rushed the final ball too much, silly dummies and shots through very crowded space.
I agree but I'd like to add : we went 1 up (should have been 2 but for the penalty) , they had a player less and needed at least a point due to their league position therefore instead of these mindless kick and rush up & at em tactics just knock it about until they over commit and then go for the jugular. Leeds were doing this quite well earlier in the season but lately it seems that idea has been shelved. We had the lead so there's no need to go chasing more goals, the opportunities would have presented themselves in time. It's naieve to think that Wigan won't pose any danger but stay solid at the back and they will expose themselves eventually and then we take advantage. Let's see if lessons have been learnt .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:59 am I agree but I'd like to add : we went 1 up (should have been 2 but for the penalty) , they had a player less and needed at least a point due to their league position therefore instead of these mindless kick and rush up & at em tactics just knock it about until they over commit and then go for the jugular. Leeds were doing this quite well earlier in the season but lately it seems that idea has been shelved. We had the lead so there's no need to go chasing more goals, the opportunities would have presented themselves in time. It's naieve to think that Wigan won't pose any danger but stay solid at the back and they will expose themselves eventually and then we take advantage. Let's see if lessons have been learnt .

Correct mate :tup:

But we've seen this naivety too often, so I'm not seeing that the lessons have been learned. That defeat yesterday was the worst of the lot for me.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Surely MB and his staff can recognise these situations and adjust things accordingly. The time to throw the kitchen sink at it is when we're desperate for a goal and time is running out.... yesterday for example. We have the players who can control games when we're ahead but all composure went out of the window in the hunt for more goals which ultimately cost 3 pts. Leeds will not catch SU regarding GD so now they can concentrate on winning the last 3 1-0 and hope SU balls it up along the way.

LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

Maybe they can work on how to cross a ball none of the wide players other than Ayling managed to put in an effective cross at a time when we had Bamford Jansson and Roofe on the pitch.

Alioski was terrible , Harrison not much better and Pablo looked like he was carrying the weight of ten men.