Cooper or Berardi ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Cooper or Berardi ?

Cooper
57%
Berardi
43%

Total votes: 7

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Cooper or Berardi ?

Post by 1964white »

We all know that Bielsa like to stick with a winning team

This is a tricky one though

Cooper would have started v the Owls had it not been for a injury in the warm-up
Cooper is our captain
Cooper has been magnificent this season, yes he had a couple of dodgy performances but was back to good form against Preston

On the other hand Berardi came in at short notice & had a very accomplished game making a very important block in the final minutes.

So does Bielsa risk Cooper even if he is not 100% & stick with Gaetano today or even for the rest of the season ?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Cooper or Berardi ?

Post by 1964white »

I personally prefer two tall CB's which is why Pontus & Cooper should start imo!

So Cooper is my choice
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Coops for me I love the Warrior to bits but Coops is the captain and as you said Leon he would have started last week
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Depends on how fit Cooper is. You also have the fact that Berardi whilst fit isn't 100% due to the length of lay-off, rustiness etc. All being equal then Cooper would start.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

If Cooper isn't 100% then I'd go Berardi. We have 4 games left with this arguably being the easiest.

Keep Cooper on the bench, but if he has the extra rest to get over whatever the injury was, he'll be invaluable for the run in.

Would also give Berardi the game time in case he is needed down the line.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Cooper marginally but Bera runs him close and is a brilliant back up anywhere in defence and wears his heart on his sleeve.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Unless I read it wrong, Coops isn't 100% fit, so same team that beat the Owls. Cooper has been excellent this season, and has lead by example but GB was more than comfortable at the start of the season when PJ was out, so I've no worries about him doing the job in Liam's absence.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I agree with Genghers comments.
Why risk Cooper if he isn't 100% fit when Beradi did well last week?
All things being equal it's Cooper but I'd keep him for Brentford and Villa.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

Berardi only because Cooper is not fit as of today. Cooper has been outstanding all season with the only major blip being against the Blunts and even then he wasn't being helped by a one legged Jansson or M-I-A Ayling
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Do you risk Cooper playing today and agrivating his injury and missing the next three games? He’d have to be 100% for me.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

I could not in all good conscience risk jeopardising Cooper's chance to be there when that pitch is invaded on confirmation of promotion. He's been our skipper and performed above and beyond all season, it's owed to him to let him experience that moment. Let him recover fully, Berardi can handle things until then.