Leeds Utd v Wigan Athletic Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Wigan Athletic

Poll ended at Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:56 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
No votes
2-2
No votes
3-3 or higher
No votes
1-0
No votes
2-0
50%
2-1
No votes
3-1
30%
3-2
No votes
0-1
10%
0-2
No votes
1-2
10%
1-3
No votes
2-3
No votes

Total votes: 10

hector

Re: Leeds Utd v Wigan Athletic Match Thread

Post by hector »

keep-calm-it-s-only-a-monumental-clusterfuk.png
keep-calm-it-s-only-a-monumental-clusterfuk.png (18.1 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

whiteswan wrote:I'm still extremely angry about yesterday's performance for two reasons.
1) I am angry with myself for allowing myself to get caught up in all the 'Leeds are going up' hype. I even had us 6 points clear of Blunts come 5.00pm yesterday! I believed.....and as one of the resident pessimists on here (the other being haighy) it was shameful on my part to be taken in!
2) The absolute joke of a performance from our players. Absolutely unbelievable utter rubbish! Still fuming.....
After nearly 5 decades of following LUFC it's not worth getting wound up over it. I feel exactly the same but this is LUFC and it's a continual nightmare with the occasional high point. Until we get a multi billionaire to bail us out it will never change. Up down round and round . Forget it mate, they won't come to see you when you're bad.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

30 shots on goal the best under Bielsa and none of them go in. Wigan at times had every single player in their own 18 yard box. When the shots were coming in it reminded me of a pinball table... the ball rebounding anywhere except into the net... then again I was thinking it was like trying to shoot through a forest of trees. The only way the ball could have gone in was through a wicked deflection. When you see continuous pressure like that then your hopes are raised that you will get something out of the game, but if time and time again you see all of your efforts thwarted, then all your are left with is rage and frustration. Hope deferred sickens the heart.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

hector wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:20 am I agree.

1 more season here to bring out the youngsters, get some better players in, and I think we will win this league next year, and a lot sooner than the last 3 games.

Then we will be ready to go up.... because as BG says, we are not ready this year.
we've lost far to many games for me . good promotion teams grind out a draw / result when they're not at their best .
if we've drawn against wigan it would have been still labelled a poor performance " BUT " we would have still been second and fully in the drivers seat !! classic example.
Hate to say it and if i'm honest we probably don't deserve to go up . i agree with you two we just might not be ready , don't think sheff utd are either .
unfortunately you can't build rome in a day.
whatever the outcome its still been a cracking enjoyable season.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

I has been a good season...i didnt post to being bloody 100% gutted
Just feel MB has "stuck" with players and when Cooper was out didnt replace him with a centre back
no disrespect to Beradi but i thought he just isnt good enough and unbalanced the back 4
Nevermind.....play off now. Not even worth going mad against Villa. Bring in Shacks etc and give them a chance
drop Harrison etc
See you all at Wembley.....may be
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains