Leeds Utd v Wigan Athletic Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Wigan Athletic

Poll ended at Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:56 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
No votes
2-2
No votes
3-3 or higher
No votes
1-0
No votes
2-0
50%
2-1
No votes
3-1
30%
3-2
No votes
0-1
10%
0-2
No votes
1-2
10%
1-3
No votes
2-3
No votes

Total votes: 10

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Wigan Athletic Match Thread

Post by faaip » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:49 pm

White Riot wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:42 pm
Hi everyone,

I had to work this afternoon and no chance to watch the match, but I'm pleased I didn't.

WTF has gone wrong today?

We put in two great and assured performances against PNE and SW, and then don't turn up aaginst 10 men?

That's unacceptable and this match is gonna cost us promotion.

We can hope the blunts drop points, but I doubt it now and seriously wouldn't fancy us in the play-offs.

I didn't watch the match, but sounds like an awful performance at a very bad time of the season.

On the plus side, we've probably just got the disappointment out the way early.

Luton, Barnsley, etc to look forward to next season - thansk LUFC.

I said a while ago it was about who held their nerve and I believed blunts bottled it last week, but our heroes have surpassed them today.

I'm not hopeful at all now :verysad:
Not as bad as some are making out. We gave up two soft goals on a couple of errors and then a couple of players just wasting good position after good position.

No way Wigan should have gotten back in after we went ahead, but I think we got carried away and tried to get some of those goals back so chased the game and that was a mistake. I said I'd take a one nil win yesterday and got shot down. Win first, don't care how or by how many at this point..Our defence way to far up the pitch for their equalizer.
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:49 pm

That felt like missing out on promotion, which it’s not, but what a missed opportunity. For a team with so many shots we never looked like scoring, just kept trying the same thing over and over again which Wigan dealt with easily enough. Credit to them for how they set out with a man down and a goal down. The most annoying thing about today is how we defended, zero respect given to Wigan I felt. We move on, three games left for this group to show what they got
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..

Velotrax
First Team
First Team

Post by Velotrax » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:50 pm

On todays showing if we were to go up, which I'm beginning to doubt now, I reckon we would be coming straight back down unless there is some serious upgrading of the players, so maybe this is a blessing in disguise?

White Riot
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by White Riot » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:50 pm

Blunts have give this to us on a plate, several times and our lads have just bottled it big style.

So if that's case, even if blunts drop points these guys will still find a way to bottle it again, and then get woofed in the play-offs.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:51 pm

We have a few more chances at promotion.
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

BGwhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BGwhite » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:51 pm

Struggle to beat Millwall, lost at Brum now lost to Wigan. This is not a team who are about to reach the PL. Maybe it's all caught up with them and the pressure is just too much...well it wouldn't be the first time .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

SG90
First Team
First Team

Post by SG90 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Feels like the Wolves game where we fell out of the playoffs and never won after that. At least we'd have the playoffs this time, but we'd be going into them on a downer and questionable mettle.
What I want from an owner: 1. Ambition. 2. Wage bill control. 3. Cut spending on loan fees. 4. Better scouting. 5. Get bigger fees for our best players. 6.No ego.

SG90
First Team
First Team

Post by SG90 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Velotrax wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:50 pm
On todays showing if we were to go up, which I'm beginning to doubt now, I reckon we would be coming straight back down unless there is some serious upgrading of the players, so maybe this is a blessing in disguise?
But how will we afford better players in the Championship?
What I want from an owner: 1. Ambition. 2. Wage bill control. 3. Cut spending on loan fees. 4. Better scouting. 5. Get bigger fees for our best players. 6.No ego.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:54 pm

whiteswan wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:03 pm
I cannot wait for 64's post!
It will be grim I can assure you Swannie.

Just to rub salt in the wounds we are stuck in a jam on the M62. Caravan tipped over I think, emergency services in attendance

BGwhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BGwhite » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:55 pm

Velotrax wrote:On todays showing if we were to go up, which I'm beginning to doubt now, I reckon we would be coming straight back down unless there is some serious upgrading of the players, so maybe this is a blessing in disguise?
Must agree with you there. They play as a team but individually they just haven't got PL quality and they'll be shot down in flames.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

SG90
First Team
First Team

Post by SG90 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:56 pm

White Riot wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:50 pm
Blunts have give this to us on a plate, several times and our lads have just bottled it big style.

So if that's case, even if blunts drop points these guys will still find a way to bottle it again, and then get woofed in the play-offs.
I said after Preston, if we give it back that would be that and that's exactly what happened. Especially now we're chasing the next two and they will have the pressure lifted off them. We could be 3 points and a much worse goal difference going into kick off on Monday. I was shot down for saying later kick offs are a disadvantage, but now all the pressure is on us and the fans/sky won't help by announcing the blunts score before kick off.

White Riot
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by White Riot » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:56 pm

faaip wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:49 pm
Not as bad as some are making out. We gave up two soft goals on a couple of errors and then a couple of players just wasting good position after good position.

No way Wigan should have gotten back in after we went ahead, but I think we got carried away and tried to get some of those goals back so chased the game and that was a mistake. I said I'd take a one nil win yesterday and got shot down. Win first, don't care how or by how many at this point..Our defence way to far up the pitch for their equalizer.
Fair comments Faaip.

I didn't watch it and I definitely will not watch it now.

I'm still in shock we've lost.

Brum was bad the other week, but this feels a lot worse.

Yeah, you're right about jut winning.

I fancied Wigan to give it a go, but tbh if we wanna go up teams like these should be demolished easily.

I don't fancy us at all now, we;ve literally given it back to blunts and they will not refuse it a 2nd time.

SG90
First Team
First Team

Post by SG90 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:59 pm

I'll probably get shot down for this, but now is the time to give Brown a run out. We're paying silly money for a reason. We could do with his drive and pace to run at teams.
Last edited by SG90 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:59 pm

1964white wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:54 pm
It will be grim I can assure you Swannie.

Just to rub salt in the wounds we are stuck in a jam on the M62. Caravan tipped over I think, emergency services in attendance
Grim indeed Leon! What an absolute shambles :x
Hope you get out of the traffic jam and soon home.
Hope everyone is ok at the accident scene. I await your report later
Last edited by whiteswan on Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minimal
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Minimal » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:59 pm

If the rest of the season is an indicator, expect us to put in absolute blinder against Villa to win the match, then lose away at Ipswich on the last day of the season to hand promotion to Blades.

White Riot
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by White Riot » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:01 pm

SG90 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:56 pm
I said after Preston, if we give it back that would be that and that's exactly what happened. Especially now we're chasing the next two and they will have the pressure lifted off them. We could be 3 points and a much worse goal difference going into kick off on Monday. I was shot down for saying later kick offs are a disadvantage, but now all the pressure is on us and the fans/sky won't help by announcing the blunts score before kick off.
I just think we've bottled it SG.

Both Norwich and SU showed signs of stress last week and it was there for us.

But to give it back to them means we just can't handle the pressure when the chips are down.

Regardless of skill or ability, the big players and clubs always have shown the ability to hold their nerve at the business end of the season/competition.

These guys have done us proud most of the season, but blobbed it when they needed to perform.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:02 pm

Not at this stage of the season, teams fighting for their lives become as good as playoff teams at times. They had two players I'd love at ER who would walk into this team so how they're struggling I don't know. Brum are a good team who have had their season derailed by FFP. We don't have a player as good as Che Adams either
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

SG90
First Team
First Team

Post by SG90 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:03 pm

I felt we'd either lose today or Brentford, hopefully we can win on Monday but I just can't see it unless changes are made.

White Riot
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by White Riot » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:03 pm

I'm f**king fuming about this performance and result.

These w**kers have thrown it away.

Mick Jones shoulder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Mick Jones shoulder » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:05 pm

Excuse my grammar previously I was annoyed with the performance. We we were bad today

Advertisment