The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 17th Apr)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 17th Apr)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds have been allocated the entire of the Cobbold Stand for the game against Ipswich Town on Sunday, May 5 doubling their allocation to 4000.

Town secretary Stuart Hayton said: “We have been aware of the demand from Leeds fans to attend the game and we have had communication from the EFL on the matter but we felt it wasn't something that could be discussed until we were relegated,

“We needed to ensure that we could cover the demand to attend the game from our own fans first and that could have increased if our fate went down to the last game of the season.

“Having met with the Safety Advisory Group in an emergency meeting today and spoken to the police, it was felt that it was beneficial on safety grounds to allocate the upper tier of the Cobbold Stand to Leeds fans.

“We sincerely apologise to our supporters for the inconvenience caused in having to be moved to other parts of the stadium and hope they understand the reasons for this late decision. It's not one we have taken lightly.”

As the Championship finale heats up, speculation about Bielsa's future is flying about on social media - in particular what happens if Leeds don't get promoted?

Bielsa's contract says he is obliged to stay for the 2019/20 season if Leeds go up. If Leeds remain in the second tier of English football it is up to Leeds to exercise a clause in Bielsa's contract (if they wish to do so) keeping him at the club next season!

According to Noel Whelan, he expects Liam Cooper to be fit for the Good Friday game v Wigan!

Should Leeds go up, name three players you would want to sign?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 17th Apr)

Post by HarryofOz »

G'day all

Well done to Ipswich, that was very nice of them. I wonder what our fans will do if we clinch promotion before that game though.

We are going to get promoted, so the issue re Bielsa is moot :). Seriously, I reckon he'll stay for next season if we don't go up.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

3 players.

Kuyt at the back

De Bruyne in the Middle

Ronaldo on the right so we can move Pablo back into the middle.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Marcelo is staying regardless. He is an honourable man who will want to finish the job.
Would love to see Milner back, someone like Johansen from Fulham and a rapid 20 goal a season striker.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

HarryofOz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:47 am
G'day all

Well done to Ipswich, that was very nice of them. I wonder what our fans will do if we clinch promotion before that game though.

We are going to get promoted, so the issue re Bielsa is moot :). Seriously, I reckon he'll stay for next season if we don't go up.
They'll go along to Ipswich and celebrate for 90-100-110 minutes, however long they're given, singing the Championship shackles off all the way.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Evening All,

I asked my mate to get me a ticket for the Ipswich game as close to the Leeds fans as possible and he got me one in the Cobbold Stand, block C, upper tier. Lovely. Or so I thought.
Now that we have been given the whole upper tier my mate has informed me that I have to move to the stand on the other side!
Bollocks, there goes my chance to sing my head off all game.
I'm pleased that we've been given extra tickets but it's going to be hard keeping quiet all game.
Perhaps the stewards will move me.....
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good evening all

Whether we go up or not there'll be plenty of speculation regards Bielsa & players.

Naming three players of my choice would be out of our price-range. I can more or less guarantee the players that arrive at ER in the summer will be unexpected & unknown signings to the majority of us.

Another wing-back, centre-back, pacy winger, creative midfielder & a top class goalscorer required