Lose at Preston....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Lose at Preston....

Post by 1964white »

and it will be the final nail in coffin :(

Supporting Leeds has conditioned me to expect the absolute worst and I hate to say but I think we've blown it.

Look at the fixtures we have and tell me we wont lose at least one more game? especially playing as shite as today?

Every single time this season we've had a chance to capitalise our position we have completely and utterly fooked it.

Dropping points far too regularly since Xmas. Losses to QPR and Birmingham, two of the poorest teams in the division plus losing at home to our two rivals Sheff Utd and Norwich all in the past 3 months, quite honestly we don't deserve promotion playing like that.

We've been relying on other teams slipping up since Christmas, hence why Norwich have now steamed ahead as we've faltered, because the Canaries/Blunts have upped it a gear and we haven't. I'm absolutely gutted with our performance & defeat today. Six matches left and we go into it having lost to a team who are utter sh*te, gifted 2nd to the Blunts who got a great result and we face three play-off chasing sides in good form.

The Blunts will drop points, problem is Leeds will too. Cant see us overtaking them now, bar last week their form is consistent. Strikers converting one in eight chances, the inability to keep a clean sheet & totally relying on 33 yo Pablo to create everything are a recipe for failure. Add to that our player of the season walked out of St Andrews with a protective boot on, a possible injury I was always concerned may happen is not we need going into our final six games
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Lose at Preston....

Post by Cjay »

Could all be as you were on Thursday but today hurts.

It really hurts because i see Norwich clear at the top and us 3rd behind Blades and frankly i think it should be us 1st Blades 2nd Norwich 3rd, i really do, but Norwich are so clinical and credit to them.

3 clubs have 5 wins in 35 between them.

Guess which team was the beaten side 3 of those 5 times? Us!!!!!!!

We need to get autos.

I really fear for us in the playoffs.

The agent of a World Cup star just yesterday said how his client would love to play for Bielsa and us.

That is the sort of pull we and Bielsa have as a Premier league team.

The greatest of respect to other teams but imo we are the club with the potential, the fanbase, the pull, we are the side in the Championship that has the most potential as a Premier league club imo.

And it would hurt like hell to see all that potential go to waste now :(

Cant bare the thought of missing out again.

We have to do it this season.

Title is gone, i dont care.

Just get 2nd.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: The greatest of respect to other teams but imo we are the club with the potential, the fanbase, the pull, we are the side in the Championship that has the most potential as a Premier league club imo.

And it would hurt like hell to see all that potential go to waste now :(
Completely agree. Everything at the club screams PL now, the coaching, the scouting, the youth, the way we're run. Unfortunately that can't be sustained in the Championship so it could all go to waste if we don't go up. Unfortunately we have too many players who aren't good enough, but we don't have the money to replace everyone who isn't. I just dread to imagine what would happen if we're still here in August.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

With the odd exception, performances have been poor for too long now by the standards of automatic promotion.

7 defeats in 16, too few convincing victories and four very difficult games in our remaining six.

You keep hoping that each disappointing result or performance will be a wake up call, but it's not happening. I don't think the players have it in them.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It's 3 poor performances in a row, I think it's redeemable but not with intransigence. Dallas starting for Pablo on Tuesday would be an error in my opinion. Everything then falls into Klichs lap.

I'd say right now we're under dogs Tuesday
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Pointless exercise Dallas for Hernandez got to be Brown, at least he had creativity hopefully still has.
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

I think it's a bit harsh on Brum labeling them 1 of the poorest teams in the division. Yes they were on a dreadful run but don't forget they only lost 3 times in 22 games earlier in the season. Monk was always going to have them up for this despite 5 straight defeats. Let's hope he has them similarly up for Sheff U on Wednesday. We are at the stage where after every game a defeat sees us talking about the playoffs and a win sees us talking about 2nd. Today was poor from us. What a complete waste corner after corner came to. Why aren't we getting that ball right in the mix. So many corners are beating everyone or not even getting past the 1st man. Where are the goals going to come from? Roofe must start at Preston because we can't afford Bamford to keep this barren run he's going through up at this stage. I really did have high hopes for Bamford but I have been really disappointed these last few games. I know it's a confidence thing because we know he can score goals. So so disappointing to see his confidence shot to pieces now at the business end of the season and so it's over to Roofe now.
Last edited by wilsdenwhite on Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:02 pm and it will be the final nail in coffin :(

Supporting Leeds has conditioned me to expect the absolute worst and I hate to say but I think we've blown it.

Look at the fixtures we have and tell me we wont lose at least one more game? especially playing as shite as today?

Every single time this season we've had a chance to capitalise our position we have completely and utterly fooked it.

Dropping points far too regularly since Xmas. Losses to QPR and Birmingham, two of the poorest teams in the division plus losing at home to our two rivals Sheff Utd and Norwich all in the past 3 months, quite honestly we don't deserve promotion playing like that.

We've been relying on other teams slipping up since Christmas, hence why Norwich have now steamed ahead as we've faltered, because the Canaries/Blunts have upped it a gear and we haven't. I'm absolutely gutted with our performance & defeat today. Six matches left and we go into it having lost to a team who are utter sh*te, gifted 2nd to the Blunts who got a great result and we face three play-off chasing sides in good form.

The Blunts will drop points, problem is Leeds will too. Cant see us overtaking them now, bar last week their form is consistent. Strikers converting one in eight chances, the inability to keep a clean sheet & totally relying on 33 yo Pablo to create everything are a recipe for failure. Add to that our player of the season walked out of St Andrews with a protective boot on, a possible injury I was always concerned may happen is not we need going into our final six games
agree.
better get ourselves mentally prepared for the play offs.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:20 am agree.
better get ourselves mentally prepared for the play offs.
7 defeats in our last 16 games is nothing better than the play-off form teams excluding Villa who are on their best run of form of the season at the right time I may add

Blunts have lost 2 in 16 games, apart from Preston I can't remember any other Norwich losses.

And fans keep telling me to keep the faith

Our fans are so biased/blinkered & obviously don't take notice of what's going on around them

I did say after both our home victories v Bolton & Millwall that it is not just about the result, we were shocking in both & suffered the consequences in our next away matches at QPR & Birmingham.

Performances & consistency do matter, that's why teams are promoted & clubs like ourselves fook up
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Earlier in the season I said that Leeds should win the last 6 and that will see them up but now I can't even see them winning any of them and possibly losing 4 . How times have changed. This could become very embarrassing for the club if they don't pick it up from here ...mind it wouldn't be the first time and we're hardened to it anyway.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1 point behind a team like Sheffield United with 6 games to play and people have given up. I’d back this squad and our manager. Where’s the fight?
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

dezzy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:25 am 1 point behind a team like Sheffield United with 6 games to play and people have given up. I’d back this squad and our manager. Where’s the fight?
Hear hear.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:07 am Earlier in the season I said that Leeds should win the last 6 and that will see them up but now I can't even see them winning any of them and possibly losing 4 . How times have changed. This could become very embarrassing for the club if they don't pick it up from here ...mind it wouldn't be the first time and we're hardened to it anyway.

Losing to teams 15th,16th 17, 18th in the league & even Hull were down there when they beat us at ER, the simple fact of the matter we have been sussed out & we don't deserve to go up.

Villa to go up though the play-offs.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:51 am Losing to teams 15th,16th 17, 18th in the league & even Hull were down there when they beat us at ER, the simple fact of the matter we have been sussed out & we don't deserve to go up.

Villa to go up though the play-offs.
Why don't we deserve to go up but Villa do? They've spent the majority of the season in midtable. I can't see them winning another six consecutive and then 3 playoff games on top of that. That would mean they've won 15 in a row which is just unheard of.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

dezzy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:25 am 1 point behind a team like Sheffield United with 6 games to play and people have given up. I’d back this squad and our manager. Where’s the fight?
Agreed. It will chop and change a few more times. It will go right down to the wire.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:07 am Earlier in the season I said that Leeds should win the last 6 and that will see them up but now I can't even see them winning any of them and possibly losing 4 . How times have changed. This could become very embarrassing for the club if they don't pick it up from here ...mind it wouldn't be the first time and we're hardened to it anyway.

Really you can't see us beating Ipswich?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

There was certainly no fight from the majority of our players on the pitch yesterday, they deserved what they got for what can only be described as yet another lethargic, clueless performance.

The key is we've had two opportunities to go clear of the Blunts but we have blown it both times.

We needed energy on the pitch yesterday so Shackleton was the obvious substitution.
Roofe still looks unfit. Clarke's pace/energy has gone, Dallas is Dallas :chair: we became worse when these three were introduced

I'll back the squad when they show as much dedication as our travelling support do week in week out
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:02 am Really you can't see us beating Ipswich?
If we play like we have done of late we could quite easily slip up at Portman Road too, really depends on which Leeds team turns up
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:00 am Agreed. It will chop and change a few more times. It will go right down to the wire.
No it won't

Norwich are up

Blunts generally keep clean sheets plus they have a prolific goalscorer in their team

We haven't got either :(
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:10 am No it won't

Norwich are up

Blunts generally keep clean sheets plus they have a prolific goalscorer in their team

We haven't got either :(
We're one point behind. Why not? Blunts won't win 6 out of 6. Against ourselves, Brentford and Bristol City they got lucky with the post coming to their rescue, whereas if we got the luck, we'd have beaten both them and Birmingham. They can't keep relying on luck.

Norwich might be too far ahead now, but they're not going to win 14 in a row to the end the season. Buendia will be banned for 3 games now, so we'll see how that affects them.