How's everyone's nerves?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: How's everyone's nerves?

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:32 pm Worst case scenario is that we falter but even then we'd be in the play-offs. Unlike previous time sin the play-offs though there is no one for us to fear. Despite our awful record in the play-offs there is no reason why we wouldn't be capable of going up. That said I still think we can go up as champions.
We are better equipped for a place-off challenge this time should that becomes the scenario
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

My nerves are shot.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Playoffs come down to luck on the day, refereeing and luck of the bounce and player availability ..My guess there'd not be much between us, a Grealish lead Villa, a resurgent Albion and one other.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:23 pm I'm almost trying to develop some weird detachment, whereby I've convinced myself we won't go up, so any positive result is a bonus. As they say, it's the hope that kills you.
That's what us pessimists on this forum call 'being pessimistic' Sara..... :lol:
I look at every game expecting to lose, so when we win, it's a fab feeling but when we lose, I just tell myself I expected us to lose :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:10 pmkermit1.gif
:rol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:34 pm That's what us pessimists on this forum call 'being pessimistic' Sara..... :lol:
I look at every game expecting to lose, so when we win, it's a fab feeling but when we lose, I just tell myself I expected us to lose :)
.....saying that, I was a bag 'o' nerves during the Millwall game....every emotion going on!
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Gurj wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:02 pm Blues and Preston will go a long way to deciding the fate of the automatic promotion places. Sadly, I think Norwich are there now, cant see them slipping up with the games they have coming up. QPR and Reading respectively and both at home.

We play Blues when Sheff Utd play Preston on Saturday and then vice versa on the following Tuesday. We need to better the Blades results ; would be fantastic if we could win both and they only got 1 or 2 points, - I cant see them losing both but one is possible. That would then give us a lead of around 6 or 7 points which surely would be insurmountable with just 5 games after these two matches.

That said, getting 2 wins at St Andrews and Deepdale is going to be very very hard and one things for sure, we will have to be so much better defensively than we were on Saturday. Not sure my heart is going to take this run in !!!!
Hopefully Gurj, QPR will benefit from the new/caretaker manager 'bounce' and get what would be an unexpected result at Carrow Road.................it's amazing how many times it happens :tup:
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Nerves of excitement and feels like an age for the next game.
It's funny how your sub concious works....went to bed last Saturday night and set the alarm early as I had to work Sunday morning and said to myself I'll give the Millwall game a miss, I'm off to sleep must of turned and my sub concious tells me check the game not knowing the time I grab the phone it was 2:15 am 1-0 to Millwall FFS turned and went back to sleep, then did the same thing and checked 2-1 Millwall then as I said to myself stuff it....the score came up 2-2 so logged in to LUTV and listened to the rest of the game. Went to work sleep deprived as my adrenalin was at full throttle and couldn't go back to sleep.
It's unbelievable how your mind is aware of your emotions even when your asleep and having no intentions of waking up for the game.
Nerves will be better once we build a gap on Sheffield.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:34 pm That's what us pessimists on this forum call 'being pessimistic' Sara..... :lol:
I'm not even a very good pessimist, because I actually expect to win every game... but I still somehow feel that we won't get promoted, even if we do!

Rational thought doesn't exactly enter into it.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:33 pm I'm not even a very good pessimist, because I actually expect to win every game... but I still somehow feel that we won't get promoted, even if we do!

Rational thought doesn't exactly enter into it.
Rational = Leeds United........definately not :)
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Shot to bits if I'm honest.....but enjoying the ride in a weird way.
At least we have the guarantee of the play offs as a minimum rather than all the clubs around positions 5 to 10 all scrabbling to get in the top 6
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I'm pretty chilled about the whole thing, all things considered. I want us to be promoted, but I won't be reaching for the blue rope if we don't. The re-connection between team, club, fans and city has been brilliant to see this season, and I will class it as a success no matter what happens from here on in. Had no expectation of a challenge this year, even with Bielsa at the helm, he has worked miracles. And the system he has put in place, throughout the various levels up to first team, is paying dividends. We might lose a player or two if we don't go up, but I genuinely think the future is bright. And I haven't thought that for many a season.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:56 pm Hopefully Gurj, QPR will benefit from the new/caretaker manager 'bounce' and get what would be an unexpected result at Carrow Road.................it's amazing how many times it happens :tup:
Fair point mate - that would great if QPR manage to pull of a shock !!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:02 pm I'm pretty chilled about the whole thing, all things considered. I want us to be promoted, but I won't be reaching for the blue rope if we don't. The re-connection between team, club, fans and city has been brilliant to see this season, and I will class it as a success no matter what happens from here on in. Had no expectation of a challenge this year, even with Bielsa at the helm, he has worked miracles. And the system he has put in place, throughout the various levels up to first team, is paying dividends. We might lose a player or two if we don't go up, but I genuinely think the future is bright. And I haven't thought that for many a season.
Agreed and the players we may lose we have covered two or three fold in the lower ranks....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:56 pm Hopefully Gurj, QPR will benefit from the new/caretaker manager 'bounce' and get what would be an unexpected result at Carrow Road.................it's amazing how many times it happens :tup:
Just not this time, I'll get my coat :oops:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Watching the game this afternoon my stomach was churning so much I had tummy ache

As soon the game was over my pain eased thankfully

Thank you Leeds for putting us fans through hell yet again :cry:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote:Watching the game this afternoon my stomach was churning so much I had tummy ache

As soon the game was over my pain eased thankfully

Thank you Leeds for putting us fans through hell yet again :cry:
I avoid watching them which hurts after decades of following them but it's my way of dealing with the incompetence often shown during a game and the inevitable failure at the final hurdle which I've had a gut full of plus it doesn't ruin my day and keeps the household a relatively happy one. I still wish them the very best of luck for the rest of this season and they're sure going to need it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Now I have slipped into the quiet acceptance phase. No need to get anxious over results now as I think we wont get the needed 6 points from the next two games to keep the pressure on.

I expect I will stay like this until the start of the playoffs then it will be back to stress city again
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

No nerves now after yesterdays display. I am sure they will kick in again when the first leg of the play off semis start !
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Thought I would bump us.

Is our quiet confidence going to be replaced with what everyone was feeling about 10 days ago?
'