The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 26th Mar)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 26th Mar)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Pontus Jansson is recovering from injury quicker than first thought, and could retain his place against Millwall.

The 28 yo limped through the latter stages of the local derby against the Blades a fortnight ago, and was subsequently ruled out for three weeks.

How much of a difference would it if the Swede can play?

Still on the injury front, Kemar Roofe has posted an update on his Instagram saying 'Not long to go now!'

The 26yo hitman remains the Whites leading scorer on 15 goals in all competitions

Bailey Peacock Farrell showed some heroics this week ensuring Northern Ireland picked up two wins in their opening Euro 2020 qualifiers.

The 21yo finally has his chance to prove his worth to Bielsa on Satutday as Casilla serves a one match ban having been sent off against the Blades.

How long will Peacock Farrell be happy playing second fiddle to Casilla?

What kind of transfer fee would tempt you to sell the Northern Ireland International?

Away from Elland Road, Cardiff are refusing to stump up the 15m transfer fee for Emiliano Sala.

The Bluebirds are claiming the transfer was not legally binding.

Cardiff will tell world football's governing body Fifa that Nantes' conditions for completion of the deal were not fulfilled and Sala was not registered as a Premier League player.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 26th Mar)

Post by HarryofOz »

Hi EB

Good news about Jansson and Roofe.

I wouldn't expect Peacock-Farrell to hang around for long. He will be in demand.

I can't believe that Sala's previous club actually want the money.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

HarryofOz wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:34 am Hi EB

Good news about Jansson and Roofe.

I wouldn't expect Peacock-Farrell to hang around for long. He will be in demand.

I can't believe that Sala's previous club actually want the money.
Evening Harry

Can't think of the last time we had a completely fit squad...

What kind of transfer fee would tempt you to sell BPF?

In my opinion, the moment he stepped foot on the plane, he was no longer my player! I too would want the money imo.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:15 am Evening Harry

Can't think of the last time we had a completely fit squad...

What kind of transfer fee would tempt you to sell BPF?

In my opinion, the moment he stepped foot on the plane, he was no longer my player! I too would want the money imo.
The fee would depend on who wants him and how long there is left on his contract. I also wouldn't sell him unless he does want to go.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Fateful day at St Andrews in 1985.

Who remembers it?

D2clleMWoAEYmnQ.jpg
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Morning folks!

How much of a difference would it if the Swede can play?

A big one, literally. Only Halme approaches his height and Millwall are a big, physical side. Because it's going to be rough is precisely why I hope he's not being rushed back and is getting proper time to heal. Better to miss one game to be safe than be out till the rest of the season by making a minor injury worse.

Still on the injury front, Kemar Roofe has posted an update on his Instagram saying 'Not long to go now!'

The 26yo hitman remains the Whites leading scorer on 15 goals in all competitions

If he can get another 5 then he'll be looking at a promotion-winning striker's tally for the season and I feel a fit, rested and hungry Roofe will be a massive boost in the last stages.

How long will Peacock Farrell be happy playing second fiddle to Casilla?

He's already shouldered too much responsibility and exposure for a keeper of his age, especially for such a high-stakes campaign and the extra pressure it brings. BPF has handled it all extremely well for his youth and he's got a bright future ahead of him if he continues to learn form his seniors.

Away from Elland Road, Cardiff are refusing to stump up the 15m transfer fee for Emiliano Sala.

I can't bring myself to blame either side here, it's just a tragic situation in which there are no winners. All I know is no club will just wave off a huge sum like £15mil, not in a million years. This will drag on for a while.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Conflicted about Jansson. We need him for Saturday, but I wouldn't want to rush him back either and risk a longer injury. I'd play Halme or Struijk instead.

I don't see BPF wanting out. Who is going to make him no.1? No PL team will, so he'll have to drop down. Imo Huffer is better than him too.

Nantes are not to blame for the tragedy, they did nothing wrong so why shouldn't they receive the money? Just Colin up to his usual tricks.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

SG90 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:20 am

I don't see BPF wanting out. Who is going to make him no.1? No PL team will, so he'll have to drop down. Imo Huffer is better than him too.
Glad to see that you are confident we will get promoted :)

I'm not sure about no-one in the Premier League wanting him. He has done well at Leeds and is an international goalkeeper at a very young age even if it is not for one of the leading nations. I don't believe that the standard of goalkeeping in the Premier League - or elsewhere as a matter of fact - is that high nowadays. You could describe many keepers as great shot stoppers without being particularly good at anything else.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pontus

Millwall is definitely the type of game we require Pontus as they will bombard us every time from a set-piece or a throw-in. Expect the ball to be in the air for much of the time when they are in our half. Just wish Casilla was available as at least he is a keep that can catch a ball.

Kemar Roofe

Roofe gives us another goal-scoring option upfront as oppose to just relying on Bamford

Bailey Peacock Farrell

A club always needs a decent back-up keeper, BPF is still learning his trade, his time will eventually come

Emiliano Sala

Very sad circumstances, a accident that should never had happened by all accounts

The deal has turned out very messy
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

HarryofOz wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:30 am Glad to see that you are confident we will get promoted :)

I'm not sure about no-one in the Premier League wanting him. He has done well at Leeds and is an international goalkeeper at a very young age even if it is not for one of the leading nations. I don't believe that the standard of goalkeeping in the Premier League - or elsewhere as a matter of fact - is that high nowadays. You could describe many keepers as great shot stoppers without being particularly good at anything else.
No I meant he would have to go to a team lower down than us to be a first choice. I don't really see him swapping that for what he's got atm. PL clubs would only want him to sit on the bench/homegrown reasons, not to be no.1.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

mothbanquet wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:09 am Morning folks!

If he can get another 5 then he'll be looking at a promotion-winning striker's tally for the season and I feel a fit, rested and hungry Roofe will be a massive boost in the last stages.

Roofe won't shift Bamford from the starting line up and he's not an AMF. Roberts is far far better in that position so Roofe is insurance now against a Bamford injury and an off the bench player and has no track record of such ..I'd imagine he could come on for Bamford/Pablo/Harrison or Roberts but I think we'll get the Roofe who was shipped all over the pitch last season and never really got settled
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jansson.

The one game we really need him is vs Millwall, big and physical side who will put balls into the box. Berardi is definitely not suited to that so having Jansson back would be a big boost. However I'm not convinced Price is a miracle worker and i do think he rushes players back, is it worth losing Jansson for more games? Not sure.

BPF.

He did a decent job under the circumstances, he isnt a Championship level 1st choice goalie, if he is sensible he will stay and learn from Kiko who is clearly a quality gk with bags of experience. The best place for BPF now is here as backup, if he tries to walk before he can run i can see him tumbling down the leagues.

Roofe.

Be great to have Roofe back, while his form dipped, in the same way we needed a different option when we only had Roofe and Bamford was out, it'd be great to have the option of Roofe as well as Bamford to.

Sala.

Very sad situation but Cardiff wont come out of this well if they make a fuss. They announced him as there player, they did the "always a bluebird" thing after he passed on they were happy to accept all the good will and sympathy, if they now say "eh actually he wasnt our player" when it comes to coughing up the cash then what does that make them look like?

No winners in this situation, but Cardiff are starting to look very cold, you cant be all grief stricken after the event and then refuse to pay up.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I don't think Roofe's form dipped at all..4 goals in his last 8 as a striker before getting shoe horned into AMF is still decent.I didn't hear any criticism of Sharps no goals in 9 or 10
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:18 pm I don't think Roofe's form dipped at all..4 goals in his last 8 as a striker before getting shoe horned into AMF is still decent.I didn't hear any criticism of Sharps no goals in 9 or 10
Definitely had dipped imo.

1 goal in 8 and he played 90minutes in all 8 (although 2 as an AM).

1 goal in his last 6 starts as a striker (again playing the full 90 every game).

Maybe he was knackered and the injury will do him good.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Completely disagree he was still on top form even if the ball wasn't going in the net. Every striker has dry spells and it really doesn't classify as a spell at 4 games. I did say he'd be wasted at AMF ..right again. Can't count those games because he's a natural striker (and yes I know you think he's not but I'm adamant he is) not a midfielder. Could do a job on the wing if we give him 4/5 games to reset but we haven't got 4/5 games to waste now.

I'm going to be very surprised if he sees anything more than 10-15 minutes a game as a striker till the end of the season. Probably won't play 90 minutes RoS