The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 21st Mar)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 21st Mar)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Tyler Roberts played 71 minutes of Wales 1-0 win over Trinidad and Tobago last night.

Stuart Dallas has reacted angrily to a newspaper report from BBC Sport claiming he did not get on with Bielsa and he has the hump with the restricted game time he has had recently!

Speaking on his twitter account last night, the Northern Ireland International said:

“Who writes this rubbish? What a load of s*** this headline is. Never once mentioned I wasn’t happy. Absolute clown whoever you are!

Could this be the end of the Dallas dynasty (I'll get my coat)!!!

Radrizzani is being sued for £760million by Chinese investors after a sports deal went bust, according to Bloomberg.

The consortium, including state-owned Everbright Securities Co., have filed a claim in the High Court in London, alleging commercial fraud against MP & Silva founders Radrizzani and Riccardo Silva!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 21st Mar)

Post by 1964white »

Good morning Matt & all

Don't know how well Roberts played for Wales as I didn't see the game.

Much nonsense is reported in the media. I assume Dallas is very happy being part of the current Leeds United squad. No doubt Dallas will be playing his football at ER next season if we are not promoted to the premiership

Both Roberts & Dallas play for their countries which goes to show you don't need to be top class to gain international honours which is also the case with England where hundreds of caps are handed out like confetti
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Morning all,

I don't know much about Radz compared to some of you but it just seems to me that the good ship Leeds has attracted a bunch of chancers and bankrupters in about the past 25 years. One of these days we may get someone who is a true believer AND clean financially
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I reckon this article will ring true with us oldies

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/ ... f805d2cfd3
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Teletext :-D

Screenshot 2019-03-21 at 09.59.40.png
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Morning lads & lasses,

Tyler Roberts played 71 minutes of Wales 1-0 win over Trinidad and Tobago last night.

I hope playing alongside the likes of Bale teaches him something. It feels like Ty is on the cusp of something more, like he's preparing to take the next step and become an influential key player but if he doesn't do that in the last stage of the season, then come promotion or no, he'll likely be usurped by a new transfer or one of the many promising talents coming through the academy.

“Who writes this rubbish? What a load of s*** this headline is. Never once mentioned I wasn’t happy. Absolute clown whoever you are!"

Imagine my shock and surprise when I saw the Daily Express had written an article saying Dallas was unhappy under Bielsa. I'd already read the claims that Dallas wanted more minutes but imagine my horror to see such a balanced and measured publication sensationalising this! I tell you, in this day and age - a British tabloid twisting words out of context! What is the world coming to?

But seriously, when that popped up on my news feed... :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:58 am I reckon this article will ring true with us oldies

Morning all :)
I remember shopping on a Saturday afternoon with a tranny stuck to my ear! :lol:
I loved ceefax
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Who has a "second team" here?

I dont......its Leeds Leeds and more Leeds
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Teletext - what a luxury. To get the football results here in Oz without having to wait 24-hours till the following day's papers (due to the time difference) you had to call those phone lines that charge per minute. And they really ripped you off. For example a 2-2 result would go like this

In the match at Elland Road it finished two each between Leeds and Opponents. In this drawn match, it was Leeds who took the lead in the 25th minute with a goal by Name, who scored with a header to give Leeds a 1-0 lead in the 25th minute. Opponents equalised just four minutes later with a 29th minute goal by Name, who scored with a fine right-footed effort which saw Opponents draw level with Leeds with less than half an hour gone.

There were no further first half goals with the score remaining one-all at half time Leeds having opened the scoring in the 25th minute with a goal by Name before Name equalised for Opponent in the 29th minute.

Opponents took the lead early in the second half with a second goal for Name, this time with his left foot, just three minutes after the restart. So having been down a goal after Leeds opened the scoring in the 25th minute, Opponents now led by a goal, being 2-1 up just three minutes into the second half.

Name scored the final goal of the game, equalising for Leeds from the penalty spot in the 81st minute, to make the score 2-all with a well struck penalty.

There were no more goals and the match ended two-all, the draw giving each team a point. Leeds had lead in the 25th minutes, but two goals in the next 18 minutes saw Opponents turn things around and themselves take the lead early in the second half before Name scored the final goal of the match equalising for Leeds with just nine minutes to go, from the penalty spot, ensuring a point for each team in a two-all draw.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:00 am Teletext :-D

Screenshot 2019-03-21 at 09.59.40.png
I remember the first video game I had when I was growing up was a Binotone.

Anyone remember this

product-104000.jpg

Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Yeah!!! hated "Squash" with the paddles next to each other! Always got confused which one was mine!
You could make them big or small and speed up the "ball"!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:10 am Teletext - what a luxury. To get the football results here in Oz without having to wait 24-hours till the following day's papers (due to the time difference) you had to call those phone lines that charge per minute. And they really ripped you off. For example a 2-2 result would go like this

In the match at Elland Road it finished two each between Leeds and Opponents. In this drawn match, it was Leeds who took the lead in the 25th minute with a goal by Name, who scored with a header to give Leeds a 1-0 lead in the 25th minute. Opponents equalised just four minutes later with a 29th minute goal by Name, who scored with a fine right-footed effort which saw Opponents draw level with Leeds with less than half an hour gone.

There were no further first half goals with the score remaining one-all at half time Leeds having opened the scoring in the 25th minute with a goal by Name before Name equalised for Opponent in the 29th minute.

Opponents took the lead early in the second half with a second goal for Name, this time with his left foot, just three minutes after the restart. So having been down a goal after Leeds opened the scoring in the 25th minute, Opponents now led by a goal, being 2-1 up just three minutes into the second half.

Name scored the final goal of the game, equalising for Leeds from the penalty spot in the 81st minute, to make the score 2-all with a well struck penalty.

There were no more goals and the match ended two-all, the draw giving each team a point. Leeds had lead in the 25th minutes, but two goals in the next 18 minutes saw Opponents turn things around and themselves take the lead early in the second half before Name scored the final goal of the match equalising for Leeds with just nine minutes to go, from the penalty spot, ensuring a point for each team in a two-all draw.
OMG, yes, Leeds Utd clubcall.

I still remember the telephone number

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Dalton wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:41 am Yeah!!! hated "Squash" with the paddles next to each other! Always got confused which one was mine!
You could make them big or small and speed up the "ball"!
Oh yes - me too...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:18 pm OMG, yes, Leeds Utd clubcall.

I still remember the telephone number

Was gonna post the same - amazing how the memory works, can still remember that number yet always have to check my own mobile number when people ask.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

In the late 80's my work banned 0898 numbers on its phones to stop "club calls" and to get horse racing results etc
We got around this by using the fax machine phone!
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:58 am I reckon this article will ring true with us oldies

Brilliant, the thought of those things seem almost prehistoric now but they were great times. Especially as I got to see Leeds a lot more back then.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:36 pm Brilliant, the thought of those things seem almost prehistoric now but they were great times. Especially as I got to see Leeds a lot more back then.
Do you remember the old teleprinter that the BBC used on Grandstand on Saturday afternoons ?

Brilliant, did the job :)

Progressed to this by 1984 featuring the legendary David Coleman

hector

Post by hector »

I learned to type on an old teleprinter like the top one...... :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Good to Roberts played so long for Wales. Probably means he will get some game time on Sunday. Help towards getting him sharp for the run in.

It all works for us as long as he doesn't pick up an injury ahead of his return. Will he force his way into a reshuffled Leeds starting 11 on Saturday? Who knows. ...

Good for Dallas to not allow tripe stories like that gain momentum.

Re the financials. I don't know enough about the financials to say much. Apart from this.
This is the last thing we need. Another story to distract the players and possibly to unsettle some. The club is after all their paymasters and have stories like this rumbling away in the back-ground will not help them one bit. Money is such a huge part of the game now and with agents being so involved these days it doesn't take much for concern start to grow in a dressing room.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

weasel wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:39 pm Was gonna post the same - amazing how the memory works, can still remember that number yet always have to check my own mobile number when people ask.
Afternoon Weasel,

Best not get the 0898 numbers mixed up though.... :shock: