Radz being sued for £750m by Chinese investors?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Radz being sued for £750m by Chinese investors?

Post by 1964white »

Apparently Leeds united owner Andrea Radrizzani is being sued for £750million by Chinese investors. Radrizzani’s sports rights company MP & Silva was bought out by the group in 2016, but collapsed in October. The Chinese are suing Radrizzani and business partner Riccardo Silva for commercial fraud"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -goes-bust
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Radz being sued for £750m by Chinese investors?

Post by 1964white »

We are owned separately so hopefully this news won't destroy us, it might affect his ability to own us.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Well if he loses that we definitely will be sold, Radz i doubt has the sort of wealth that can afford that sort of loss.

Being sued by the state fund of China, thats not good.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Reading that it sounds like the Chinese have created their own problems. Losing key staff, appointing three separate CEO's since takeover, and losing the Serie A rights under their own ownership, probably due to the first two points. TV Rights deals don't just fall into your lap.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
gessa

Post by gessa »

These things take years in the courts, Radz initial plan of selling after 5 years or us getting into the prem will be long gone and so will he by the time this is sorted.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Gandalf wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:15 pm Reading that it sounds like the Chinese have created their own problems. Losing key staff, appointing three separate CEO's since takeover, and losing the Serie A rights under their own ownership, probably due to the first two points. TV Rights deals don't just fall into your lap.
Indeed. Deffo sounds like they bought a good business and were totally inept at running it and as such lost all the tv deals.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Get us promoted then Radz could give Everbright us as part of the settlement.

They tried to buy Liverpool a while back :)
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Christ you'd really want us to be taken over by that company - sound like a bunch of f*ckwits. Would prob sack Bielsa and hire Paul Heckingar$e
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:32 pm Christ you'd really want us to be taken over by that company - sound like a bunch of f*ckwits. Would prob sack Bielsa and hire Paul Heckingar$e
this ...I really don't want to be a corporate plaything like Chelsea, Man City and whomever else. That's not us
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Cjay wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:53 am Well if he loses that we definitely will be sold, Radz i doubt has the sort of wealth that can afford that sort of loss.

Being sued by the state fund of China, thats not good.
Really.......
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

This article seems to point to a reversal of funding from the Chinese Government leading to a lack of investment in MB Silva. I really cannot see why the previous owners are being sued.

https://www.scmp.com/sport/article/2157 ... ng-history
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Gandalf wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:07 pm This article seems to point to a reversal of funding from the Chinese Government leading to a lack of investment in MB Silva. I really cannot see why the previous owners are being sued.

https://www.scmp.com/sport/article/2157 ... ng-history
Ahh thinking about it i read about that somewhere a while ago and i think it forced one huge Chinese company that had invested in a football club to sell, cant remember who or when. :duno:
Signed

King Cjay

John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Here in the US we have a saying: You can sue a ham sandwich.

Meaning anyone can sue anyone for anything. Filing a suit doesn't mean the suit has merit. Quite often suits are filed for their nuisance value. Often the defendant will settle simply because it's less expensive than mounting a defense. Many states have moved to limit that by creating laws that require plaintiffs to reimburse defendants' legal costs should their suits fail.

Do such laws exist in the UK?