The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 20th Mar)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 20th Mar)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds have struck a deal with Motherwell to bring highly rated youngster Stuart McKinstry to Elland Road in the Summer.

The 16yo winger has also just received a call up to the Scottish U17's.

PSV Eindhoven youngster Justin Lonwijk is firmly on Bielsa's radar!!!

TuttoMercatoWeb reports that Lonwijk is out of contract in the summer.

Leeds would face competition from Eintracht Frankfurt and Roma for the 19-year-olds signature!

Norwich City boss Daniel Farke insists "momentum can swing quickly" following the Whites Championship defeat last weekend.

“You can’t avoid hearing the result (from Elland Road)," Farke said afterwards. "It is quite normal, but we didn’t focus on that. We knew if we produced a good result then we would improve our position.

We did with an amazing win. “Of course, we know the situation now. Not just to Sheffield United and Leeds, but to improve the gap to West Brom and Middlesbrough. More or less, we have a big chance to finish in the top four, but we know we are in the fight for automatic promotion.

“There are some tough games still to come. In the Championship, the momentum can swing quickly."

“Whatever happens now, this season has been a success,” he added. “No-one would have expected us to be in the position we are in now.

We have already overachieved. That is what I have told my players. They have achieved so much this season. “Would it be a failure if we didn’t go up? No, not at all. We have nothing to lose.

We cannot lose anything. “We can only win with this attitude. Stay greedy and hungry and enjoy the process, because this club in the past few years has had so many problems, financial pressures, mid-table finishes and losing some of our best players."
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 20th Mar)

Post by lufc1304 »

Morning Matt,

Not heard of either of those two lads but, given how well the junior sides are doing, I'm happy to trust the club know what they're doing.

Wise words from Farke, trying to lessen the inevitable pressure the players are feeling. I'd hope Bielsa is saying something to our squad. Whatever happens, this season has been a success
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Morning all!

Leeds have struck a deal with Motherwell to bring highly rated youngster Stuart McKinstry to Elland Road in the Summer. PSV Eindhoven youngster Justin Lonwijk is firmly on Bielsa's radar!!!

To fleetingly bring back the subject of what will happen when the season's over, I think this along with the signing of Bogusz is a clear answer to that question. A lot of effort is going into the youth team and building a generation of instinctive Bielsaballers. Each U21 we sign I see as confirmation of Bielsa's true goal; a long-term project. A legacy.

With Corberan as his understudy, if given the chance I'm convinced Bielsa will eventually leave Leeds, not as a frustrated figure who's throwing a tantrum because he didn't get out of the Championship at the first time of asking but in a few years time as the architect of our club's future.

Norwich City boss Daniel Farke insists "momentum can swing quickly" following the Whites Championship defeat last weekend. "We have already overachieved. That is what I have told my players. They have achieved so much this season. Would it be a failure if we didn’t go up? No, not at all. We have nothing to lose."

I've heard him say this before and the echoes of Ranieri's words to his Leicester title winners are still ringing. He's got his team playing without fear, or at least with far less weight on their shoulders than ourselves, with our world class manager and insurmountable hunger to rebuild our past glory - finally within our grasp after so long. It's the same with the Blunts, and both teams will be very dangerous over the last run of games.

However, things stand on a knife edge and the longer they balance on it, the harder it will be to maintain. We'll see if either team can keep the fear out of their hearts at the games tick down.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Hi EB1,

The two youngsters you mention must have great potential if they are on Bielsa's radar.
I'm really excited about the next few years whatever happens this season.
Our youth structure goes from strength to strength and we've already seen many of the U23's more than hold their own in the first team.

Wise words indeed from Daniel Farke to try and keep their expectations levels down.
I think they're a shoe-in for automatic promotion now.
But as for second place....We shall see.
I think we need seven wins from eight to have a chance. We're more than capable of doing it.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden