Leeds Utd v WBA Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline: Leeds Utd v WBA

Poll ended at Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:29 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
No votes
2-2
22%
3-3 or higher
No votes
1-0
11%
2-0
11%
2-1
11%
3-0
No votes
3-1
11%
3-2
No votes
0-1
No votes
0-2
No votes
1-2
11%
1-3
22%
2-3
No votes

Total votes: 9

jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Leeds Utd v WBA Match Thread

Post by jindy30 »

We are going to get killed, they will rip our defense apart.

Philips plays too deep for one so there is so much space in our half that whether we lose the ball in that area or the oppostion plays it out of their half its 2 or 3 passes and they are through on goal. Don't like Foreshaw but he can hit a ball.

I just don't know what we will contribute to this game. Atbthe moment we can't even hit the by line and get a cross into the box, high balls into the box are dire and corners from Pablo are just as bad. We are predictable and our only hope is that the boys start getting their confidence back.

Also wondering about why we can't beat teams that should be no problem. Is it they all park the bus because they know we can't break down a defense. Also we play slowly from the back so they can organise their defense to make it more difficult. It is kind of easy to play against. Pablo for me has not performed, his passing is supposedly the best but he seems to lose it more than make a good pass.

Sorry but I didn't want to post but I am hoping this direteibe we leave me eating my words come the final whistle. I really have not wanted to post till after chrsitmas so my hopes weren't dashed again bybthe christmas slump but guess what, the chrsitmas slump is like the worse hangover ever and it is now Febuary.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

But ..it is Spring jindy30, and hope springs eternal.
MOT.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

After the Chiefs latest press conference and his glass half empty / half full philosophy...

Despite having an ordinary skilled, underpopulated squad
, despite xperiencing a truly awful run of injuries, despite media distractions, punitive sanctions by the EFL (200 thousand of them) despite most of us worrying what could go wrong next. Despite a very strong promotion contender coming to our backyard later.

Despite all that. Our players are coming back from their layoffs, match fitness is being recovered, our players are under no Illusions in what is expected in them ..

Despite all that we are top 3 in March. Playing in front of a full house at home and in front of a massive TV audience.

Despite it all it is still down to us.

For me the glass is more empty and full.??

Nope.

Thank you Marcello I was starting to forget that.

It is match day. Lets put our fears to one side and BELIEVE.

Bielsology. Try it. It might work for you too.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

And we go TOTL with a win !!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

As a fan I have to believe we are going to win every game. I can be cynical about anything off the field, but football is pointless if it isn't an escape from all that. It's a gladiatorial fight to the death, and a fresh roll of the dice, every game. Same team, falling apart, don't care, we have an insane shaman who has sacrificed himself to the football gods, he has crossed to the other side and he can raise the dead. Come on Leeds!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We miust make sure Phillips plays the DMF much further up the pitch, Jindy is right, without a true AMF on the pitch it's basically a one man center mid and that's why Klich is looking off form when in reality he has to do twice the work to cover that central midfield area. Phillips has sat way too deep all season and that invites the runners into that space in front of our back four...He needs to be more Batty (by the way his missed tackle for the QPR goal, though what he was doing there I'm not sure. Forshaw lambasted for a mis control from a hospital pass from Pablo, since then Phillips has missed tackles, been out of position and given away possession for 2/3 goal with hardly a comment)

Get him back into the AMF role behind Bamford and watch us thrive
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

No option on the poll for 4-0 to Leeds???

4-0 Leeds is my prediction. It reminds me of the 1989 to 1990 season when we were beginning to wobble but then spanked our promotion rival (Sheffield Utd) 4-0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF_wZkjN6ak

Leeds went into the game on the back of picking up just two points in their previous four games and had seen a ten point gap at the top of the table whittled down to just three points in the space of three weeks.

Sheffield United also had a game in hand so would have been happy to leave Elland Road with a point.

The final whistle saw scenes of delight as Leeds fans invaded the pitch as they thought promotion was all but assured.

Being Leeds United though things are never done easily and they threw away leads in their next two games and ended up picking up just a point after being held 2-2 at Brighton and losing their first home game of the season when relegation threatened Barnsley scored two late goals in a 2-1 victory.

Those results meant Sheffield United were now just a point behind Leeds at the top with a game in hand and Newcastle had closed the gap in third place and were now just two points adrift.

Sheffield United could only manage a point from their game in hand in a 0-0 draw at Blackburn and Leeds managed to get their act together for the final two games.

In two nerve jangling games, Leeds managed to beat Leicester at home 2-1 thanks to a late winner from Strachan and then on the final day of the season a solitary headed goal by Lee Chapman was enough to beat Bournemouth on a sun baked Bank Holiday weekend on the south coast.

Leeds eventually won the title on goal difference from Sheffield United with both sides finishing on 85 points, with Newcastle back in third, five points adrift.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

I watched the Friday Derby game at my daughters place on the South coast a few weeks ago. I go there once a month.
Today is a Friday night game and sure enough i am back there for the weekend, so i hope history repeats and despite doubting against Derby we wondered what the fuss was about and spanked them. We just need to get on the front foot from the off
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Just seen on Sky Sports that WBA are bringing 2,000 fans to Elland Road courtesy of their players stumping up £10,000 to pay for coaches for free travel for their fans.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

whiteswan wrote:Just seen on Sky Sports that WBA are bringing 2,000 fans to Elland Road courtesy of their players stumping up £10,000 to pay for coaches for free travel for their fans.
As a result of the expensive ticket prices I believe.
pembswhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by pembswhite »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:10 am After the Chiefs latest press conference and his glass half empty / half full philosophy...

, despite xperiencing a truly awful run of injuries, despite media distractions, punitive sanctions by the EFL (200 thousand of them) despite most of us worrying what could go wrong next. Despite a very strong promotion contender coming to our backyard later.

Despite all that. Our players are coming back from their layoffs, match fitness is being recovered, our players are under no Illusions in what is expected in them ..

Despite all that we are top 3 in March. Playing in front of a full house at home and in front of a massive TV audience.

Nope.

Yes I get all that but pretty much for the first half of the season the glass was completely full - happy days and no need to team tinker too much, and us Leeds fans were in heaven. Since Christmas different story - glass is being slowly emptied week by week. I admire and am grateful to Bielsa for what he's done for the club this season, however I can't understand why he doesn't feel the needs to change something be it personnel or tactics, if he doesn't I fear the bloody glass will be empty in 2 months time.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:28 am And we go TOTL with a win !!
Exactly BG lets have these bastards, MOT :scar1 :scarfe2: :shirtw: :scarfe2:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

White Riot wrote: Exactly BG lets have these bastards, MOT :scar1 :scarfe2: :shirtw: :scarfe2:
Living in hope Riot however it is diminishing by the week. Out on the kamenitza tomorrow and I need a mental boost !
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:08 pm Living in hope Riot however it is diminishing by the week. Out on the kamenitza tomorrow and I need a mental boost !
Yeah, I know what you mean. My confidence has been eroded lately and QPR put the tin hat on it :evil:

But this is the club and team that we all love and will always back to the hilt. Bielsa has done a great job for us and raised a group of seemingly average players to heights we never expected. So lets get behind them 100% and scare the s**t out of these Brummies :strong:

I've been depressed all week, and off the sauce as I'm on anti-biotics for a chest infection, but still have a very good feeling that the boys will come good tonight and show us what they're made of.

Shumensko is the best Bulgarian beer for me - Nazdrave :beers:

Chestita Baba Marta, spring's on the way again = 20C in Plovdiv today :sun:

We're expecting a very hot summer again 8-)
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

White Riot wrote: Yeah, I know what you mean. My confidence has been eroded lately and QPR put the tin hat on it :evil:

But this is the club and team that we all love and will always back to the hilt. Bielsa has done a great job for us and raised a group of seemingly average players to heights we never expected. So lets get behind them 100% and scare the s**t out of these Brummies :strong:

I've been depressed all week, and off the sauce as I'm on anti-biotics for a chest infection, but still have a very good feeling that the boys will come good tonight and show us what they're made of.

Shumensko is the best Bulgarian beer for me - Nazdrave :beers:

Chestita Baba Marta, spring's on the way again = 20C in Plovdiv today :sun:

We're expecting a very hot summer again 8-)
Shumensko or pirensko or stara plamin for me. Our temps on the coast ain't quite up there yet .
Gotta do this tonight !! MOT !!
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Dalton wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:02 am I watched the Friday Derby game at my daughters place on the South coast a few weeks ago. I go there once a month.
Today is a Friday night game and sure enough i am back there for the weekend, so i hope history repeats and despite doubting against Derby we wondered what the fuss was about and spanked them. We just need to get on the front foot from the off
Defo, need to put the fear of God into them and believe taht we are much better than what we've shown lately :tup:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SaraM wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:30 am As a fan I have to believe we are going to win every game. I can be cynical about anything off the field, but football is pointless if it isn't an escape from all that. It's a gladiatorial fight to the death, and a fresh roll of the dice, every game. Same team, falling apart, don't care, we have an insane shaman who has sacrificed himself to the football gods, he has crossed to the other side and he can raise the dead. Come on Leeds!
Well said Sara, I completely agree :)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:10 am After the Chiefs latest press conference and his glass half empty / half full philosophy...

Nope.

Very good post Ian :tup:

I'm feeling exactly the same, the prize is there for the taking, so lets put our faith in Bielsa and the lads to grab it.

Been in the dumps all week, but had enough of worrying and doubting.

Lets remeber we are Leeds United, the greatest club that ever existed, a win tonight and we're back on top where we belong and with a spring our step.

So lets roll up our sleeves, show pride and determination and scare the pants off these Baggie w**kers :twisted:

I remeber in the O'Leary days us having a bad run of games and then the boys turning up and playing Barcelona and AC Milan off the park when all the pundits didn't give us any chance.

Its time to sieze the initiative and take back what we all have wanted for so long :scar1 :scarfe2: :shirtw: supcla:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:50 pm Shumensko or pirensko or stara plamin for me. Our temps on the coast ain't quite up there yet .
Gotta do this tonight !! MOT !!
Yeah , we defo need a big performnce tonight.

We've heard from all the players how amazed they are by our support, weel they need to show that on the park tonight and play the football we know they are capable of.

I still would've played Berardi to get a few real crunching tacles knocked into them early and let them know what they're in for :twisted:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

White Riot wrote: Yeah , we defo need a big performnce tonight.

We've heard from all the players how amazed they are by our support, weel they need to show that on the park tonight and play the football we know they are capable of.

I still would've played Berardi to get a few real crunching tacles knocked into them early and let them know what they're in for :twisted:
Tend to agree but you know what the refs want..red cards.
Shacks in for Harrison or Ayling . We desperately lack speed.