QPR V Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline: QPR v Leeds Utd

Poll ended at Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:33 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
20%
2-2
No votes
3-3 or higher
No votes
QPR by 1
10%
Leeds by 1
30%
QPR by 2
No votes
Leeds by 2
30%
QPR by 3 or more
No votes
Leeds by 3 or more
10%

Total votes: 10

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: QPR V Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:08 pm

MightyWhites wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:03 pm
Can't argue with any of that 64. That January transfer window is going to bite us in the arse IMO. The team needed freshening up and it didn't happen...again. That crap from Radz on twatter today doesn't wash with me either, trying to deflect the blame.
What is he saying now Mighty ?

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:38 pm

paddy parrott wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:50 pm
Hi Weasel not a bad summation I guess but as I rarely disagree with your valuations mate.
I think dire versus Villa , Blackburn is too harsh we were far from dire .
We use the full pitch so well and passing through most sides is exquisite. Loftus rd. Is a tight and very compact area. Where you are dead right is our finishing has been shocking even dire I'd say. A quick question open to all .." could Berardi do a midfield job ? V WBA.
Maybe dire was too harsh but I would still say similar performances to the QPR one and similar to lots of others - however results will always cloud how performances are viewed.
Senor El Weasel

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:29 pm

I'm not coming from a results perspective and have already said I don't expect automatic this season, it's too early. There was a microcosm on Tuesday for what we're going through now. We stopped playing for a few minutes when we lost Cooper in an effort to just hold the status quo. That's what MB is doing right now, we're playing safe in the hope that we can keep the status quo while we wait for Bamford to find form, get injured first teamers back, bring long term injured along So that we can re-push from about 6/7 games out. My guess is we could slip to 4th/5th with the playoffs basically assured and then try to get the lost points back last few games or better yet wait for the pressure to get to the other 3/4 clubs involved.

I'd imagine we'd be very happy with a draw come Friday as we continue to tread water.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious...

....but I am...

....so that's how it comes out

Irish Ian
Manager
Manager

Post by Irish Ian » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:31 am

faaip wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:29 pm
I'm not coming from a results perspective and have already said I don't expect automatic this season, it's too early. There was a microcosm on Tuesday for what we're going through now. We stopped playing for a few minutes when we lost Cooper in an effort to just hold the status quo. That's what MB is doing right now, we're playing safe in the hope that we can keep the status quo while we wait for Bamford to find form, get injured first teamers back, bring long term injured along So that we can re-push from about 6/7 games out. My guess is we could slip to 4th/5th with the playoffs basically assured and then try to get the lost points back last few games or better yet wait for the pressure to get to the other 3/4 clubs involved.

I'd imagine we'd be very happy with a draw come Friday as we continue to tread water.
I hope you are right fair.

My worry is that the lads become mentally and emotionally tired the longer this slump goes on. That is what leads to sloppy passing, poor decision making which we witnessed last night. Our players never seem to even take a breather in game our play is always so frantic. At the same time we are running a tiny squad, who aren't getting properly rested between games. Recovery times seem to get longer when you are struggling for form. Pushing unready players into the fray in high pressure situations only adds to the mix. Clarke and the mystery virus.. it may come out on the wash but I wouldn't be surprised if he had sort of mental crash at Boro.

I would love to come away with a point on Friday but I fear more of the same.

My main fear is that the stories MBs sides crashing and burning in the second half of the season are accurate and by the time May comes around the whole squad will be shellshocked.

But on the positive, it wont take much to change. A couple of goals for our front players and that feeling of positivity would sweep through the club and the fanbase and once again we would be the team to fear.
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins

jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jindy30 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:02 am

True we have not found the form of earlier in the season, but what has changed? Goal keeper? Philips being put or the old Leeds post christmas slump.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:02 am

jindy30 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:02 am
True we have not found the form of earlier in the season, but what has changed? Goal keeper? Philips being put or the old Leeds post christmas slump.
Goals pure and simple. Klich dried up, Hernandez dried up, Roofe injured (but before that had been going through a lean spell), Bamford has missed chances, Roberts doesn't look like scoring, no goals of late from our centrebacks, Ayling is never going to be a goal threat etc. Put blunty we need Hernandez, Klich, Bamford and Roberts to start scoring again with Alioski and Harrison also chipping in the odd goal too.
Senor El Weasel

White Riot
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by White Riot » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:23 pm

Lets all hope that the boys hit form tonight.
We all need to back whoever pulls on our shirt and scare the crap out of WBA.
I've been down in the dumps since Tuesday night, but feel very positive about tonight.
Lets show these bastards what playing against Leeds at Elland Road is all about.
Bielsa needs to get them totally fired up.

Advertisment