The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 22nd Feb)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 22nd Feb)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Jack Clarke has returned to training, and may be available for the QPR / West Brom matches nexy week.

You'll recall the youngster was rushed to hospital following breathing problems during the Boro game - well, it turns out the 18yo had a virus!

Gaetano Berardi needs more games and will play for the 23s this evening (7pm at Nottingham Forest). Dallas will be in the squad for the Bolton game.

Tyler Roberts will replace Kemar Roofe.

According to the FA, Norwich City have been fined £25,000 and Ipswich Town have been fined £20,000 after accepting a charge for failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during both the 45th and 90th minutes, as well as their officials in the 45th minute of their EFL Championship fixture on 10 Feb 2019.

In addition, Paul Lambert has been given a two match touchline ban, effective immediately, and fined £3,000 after he also accepted an FA improper conduct charge concerning his behaviour in the 45th minute of the fixture.

I'm surprised, they haven't blamed Leeds!

If you could bring any former player back (from the last 10 years) to play for us until the end of the season, who would it be?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 22nd Feb)

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:26 am If you could bring any former player back (from the last 10 years) to play for us until the end of the season, who would it be?
Jermaine Beckford in his pomp

Proper centre-forward who sat on the shoulders of CB's doing them with his pace, scored goals for fun
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Can I second that '64. :clap:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Morning All,

Good to hear young Jack Clarke is on the mend.
I think that maybe the QPR is too soon but hopefully he is fully fit are raring to go against the Baggies.

So two mass brawls only amounts to a tenth of what we were fined for someone standing on public ground watching a training session.....hmmmmm

Who would I like back from the last 10 years until the end of the season?
Robert Snodgrass

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not forgetting of course Beckford was a streak scorer whom most would say missed more than he scored (waccoe used to say he needed 4 chances to score one and that was in Div 1 where defences were a lot easier) ...I think Roofe is as good

I'd have Delph back
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

5c6edc6a2f9cf55630d17161.jpg
Peter Tork R.I.P Aged 77.

I used to love the Monkees...
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

I was going to say Beckford, thinking that others would probably go for the likes of Lewis Cook.

I'm going to go for Max Gradel
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:01 am Not forgetting of course Beckford was a streak scorer whom most would say missed more than he scored (waccoe used to say he needed 4 chances to score one and that was in Div 1 where defences were a lot easier) ...I think Roofe is as good

I'd have Delph back
The main reason we were promoted

Had we retained Jermaine we'd have made the play-offs at the very least in our first season back in the championship

84 goals in 134 in League One & Cup appearances

Beckford would have scored 20 goals plus in the championship for Leeds

Delph is a good shout too :tup:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Seeing we need goals I would have Wood back.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:11 pm The main reason we were promoted

Had we retained Jermaine we'd have made the play-offs at the very least in our first season back in the championship

84 goals in 134 in League One & Cup appearances

Beckford would have scored 20 goals plus in the championship for Leeds

Delph is a good shout too :tup:
Roofe was on target for 27/28 goals had he stayed fit and continued at striker...Still think he'd have comfortably made 20-22 RoS
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Delph in front of the back 4 would be an upgrade and Kalvin to his strongest position for me as number 10
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Great news about Jack, we need him back asap, at his best he is a spark which we dearly lack.

So Players being idiots in public in front of kids on tele is 10xs less "good faith" then a man standing in a bush?

Hmm, I'll be a bit different.

Id be interested to see what Bielsa could do with Adryan, talented boy in there somewhere, maybe Bielsa could help him unlock it?

But since we lack creativity and a clinical edge I'll go for a player i think is criminally underrated.

Mirco Antenucci.

Played in 2 very poor Leeds sodes yet created and scored a decent number of goals.

Went on to have a 11 goal 7 assist season in Serie A last season.

So Mirco for me.

A better version of Samu Saiz.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

c wood all day long for me. a goal machine for us the other season scoring 30 . who wouldn't want him back right now.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

According to the FA, Norwich City have been fined £25,000 and Ipswich Town have been fined £20,000 after accepting a charge for failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during both the 45th and 90th minutes, as well as their officials in the 45th minute of their EFL Championship fixture on 10 Feb 2019.

In addition, Paul Lambert has been given a two match touchline ban, effective immediately, and fined £3,000 after he also accepted an FA improper conduct charge concerning his behaviour in the 45th minute of the fixture.

It does make a mockery of the good faith clause. Maybe we should have sent a thug to the opposition training grounds and got them to attack the players and manager instead of simply observing them.

If you could bring any former player back (from the last 10 years) to play for us until the end of the season, who would it be?

Wouldn't be Beckford simply for the fact the opposition tend to sit deep against us so pace is irrelevant as we don't hit teams on the break. As such it would be someone who could create a goal or chance out of nothing which would edge me towards Davide Somma, Ross McCormack or Samu Saiz when he had confidence and not the off field problems or someone who was clinical in a lone striker role so would be Wood or Becchio. All in all though I would plump for Becchio as he scored goals from inside and outside the area, with both feet and his head and he always gave everything for the team.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

weasel wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:50 pm According to the FA, Norwich City have been fined £25,000 and Ipswich Town have been fined £20,000 after accepting a charge for failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during both the 45th and 90th minutes, as well as their officials in the 45th minute of their EFL Championship fixture on 10 Feb 2019.

It does make a mockery of the good faith clause. Maybe we should have sent a thug to the opposition training grounds and got them to attack the players and manager instead of simply observing them.

Wouldn't be Beckford simply for the fact the opposition tend to sit deep against us so pace is irrelevant as we don't hit teams on the break. As such it would be someone who could create a goal or chance out of nothing which would edge me towards Davide Somma, Ross McCormack or Samu Saiz when he had confidence and not the off field problems or someone who was clinical in a lone striker role so would be Wood or Becchio. All in all though I would plump for Becchio as he scored goals from inside and outside the area, with both feet and his head and he always gave everything for the team.
Good shout regarding McCormack. He played in some poor Leeds sides, and if it was not for his goals, we could have gone back down to Div 1
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

leic white 63 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:38 pm c wood all day long for me. a goal machine for us the other season scoring 30 . who wouldn't want him back right now.
Me, wouldn't do well in the system. Slow as a cart horse with the turning circle of an oil tanker
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

faaip wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:15 pm Me, wouldn't do well in the system. Slow as a cart horse with the turning circle of an oil tanker
he would fit perfectly into any system . he's a clinical predator and better than we currently have . what is needed imo . goals don't lie !
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Good evening all....
Wonderful that young Clarkie is on the mend, and that it was nothing more serious than a virus. It will be good to see him back in action ripping apart and mesmerising defences again....

No surprise to me that Norwich and Ipswich get pathetic fines combined to the one we had to pay. It stinks! (Always has done)....

I would have Beckford back if I had to choose someone....he scored some important goals for us....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Forgot about Chris Wood :roll:
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:15 pm Forgot about Chris Wood :roll:
Is it an age thing Ducky??

or are you sozzled again ? :) :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu