The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 21st Feb)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 21st Feb)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds have launched a new crest for next season only to celebrate Leeds Utd's 100th Birthday! (October)

The badge is not dissimilar to our present one.

It looks like Messrs Radrizzani and Kinnear learned the hard way not to mess around with our crest too much after creating mayhem last season with the fist pump crest.
DzxL7hgX4AA8fAH.jpg
DzxL7hgX4AA8fAH.jpg (11.56 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
What are your thoughts on the badge?

Did this need to be done?

Don't we have more important things to worry about?

According to legal expert Richard Cramer, the Championship XI (as they we know be known as), are not happy with the punishment dished out to Leeds over 'Spygate', and are considering their options with possible civil proceedings!

“What we don’t know is whether that’s sufficient to get rid of all of this. The EFL won’t take any more action. I don’t say that’s the end of it. It’s feasible for the 11 clubs to bring a separate civil action.”

Cramer went on to say that he thought the punishment from the EFL was harsh.

“They’ve not been found guilty of breaching any law, they’ve found a nebulous concept which basically says clubs have to act in good faith. But it’s such a difficult definition as clubs may be in breach of this every match day and get away with it.

“The harshness for me is that there’s no particular law that’s been broken, the club has been heavily fined and now there’s going to be a new rule that bans clubs from spying on the opposition 72 hours before. A lot of people would say that Leeds have been very unlucky and very harshly treated.

“I don’t understand where that figure comes from, most people would say give them a warning, suspend the fine. To take £200,000 out of the club seems very harsh, is it the football league awarding themselves a nice drink?

Barry Douglas has been speaking to LUTV and was asked whether the atmosphere in the Leeds dressing room was similar to that of Wolves, this time last season:-

“It’s different teams and I’ve had this question 100 times but you can’t compare,” the 29-year-old stated.

“What we’ve got this season is special and unique. The spirit we’ve got is something you rarely come by in your career. It’s a special time and hopefully we can create special memories.”
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 21st Feb)

Post by Irish Ian »

Nice to have a centerery badge but personally I would have liked to see some white blue and yellow in there. But I am sure it will generate a bit of cash...

Spygate. Leave the 11 disaffected clubs to it I reckon. If they come at Leeds with some sort of civil injunction so be it. They will lose.

No point wasting typespace on the rights or wrongs of the fine. Pay it. Move on.

Nice to hear from Mr Douglas. All I want is a settled side going into March and April. If we have to keep on tinkering I think we will lose out.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Leeds have launched a new crest for next season only to celebrate Leeds Utd's 100th Birthday! (October)

The badge is not dissimilar to our present one.

It looks like Messrs Radrizzani and Kinnear learned the hard way not to mess around with our crest too much after creating mayhem last season with the fist pump crest.

What are your thoughts on the badge?

Did this need to be done?

Don't we have more important things to worry about?

Looks okay, subtle change to celebrate the centenary. Yes I think it did need to be done, 100 years is a special occasion. Yes certain people within the club may have more important things to do but I doubt we asked Bielsa to do the design....

According to legal expert Richard Cramer, the Championship XI (as they we know be known as), are not happy with the punishment dished out to Leeds over 'Spygate', and are considering their options with possible civil proceedings!

I don't see how they legally could launch any action against Leeds given as they have agreed to be governed by the EFL. To be honest the rule under which Leeds have been charged is so vague that these 11 clubs could be charged with it themselves.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Morning All,

I like the design of the badge but not the colour. It reminds me of that god awful washed out orange kit of a few years ago.
That kit was just terrible.

Yeah let the EFL 11 get on with it.
They'll get creamed.

I agree with Ian, a settled side is what's needed from here on in.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If we can claim 200 grand in damages when they lose the case ...please go for it CH XI
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"