The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 20th Feb)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 20th Feb)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Berardi, Dallas and Brown are all fit for selection for Saturday's crunch tie at Elland Road against Bolton.

This will be the start of a busy six days which will see a midweek visit to Loftus road and a Promotion six pointer against West Brom a week next Friday!

Out of these three games, how many points are needed?

Talksport journalist Ian 'the Moose' Abrahams has been on the wind up again regarding Spygate.

Talking on Ray Stubbs show, the Chunky monkey blubbery buffoon was quoted as saying :-

“I’m unhappy they only got a £200k fine. I appreciate they didn’t break a rule but they’re going to have to introduce a new rule now,” Abrahams said.

“I think they can count themselves lucky at only getting off with a fine, a hefty fine at that. Can you imagine if I came through and looked through your curtains with binoculars?

“That’s exactly what Leeds did to try and get an advantage in the Championship. That’s what they did with the man with the wire cutters and the tracksuit.

“I would have wanted to make sure that no one else would do it and I would have gone with a points deduction. How many do you take off? If you only take five or 10 points off the clubs Leeds have beaten will be wanting the points back.

“His excuse that he’s done it before is lame. Etiquette is different around the world

Former Leeds player, and fellow pundit Micky Gray leapt to Leeds defence saying:-

“I think it’s wrong they’ve been fined,” he added. “Now that there’s a rule in place, if they go on and break the rules, a fine and then a points deduction would be okay.

“No other manager would have done what Bielsa did, coming out in front of the public and explaining himself. He did nothing wrong. The rule doesn’t make any sense. He’s done nothing wrong.

Will Huffer has returned to Elland Road following his 28 day loan spell with Barnet.

He conceded 5 times in three appearances, three of them against Brentford in the Cup!
Last edited by Ellandback1 on Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 20th Feb)

Post by Dalton »

Morning all,

I think the 200 grand should be handled by the management and not ever mentioned in the dressing room as over and done with and not important any more.
3 points in the next game is all that matters. Take each game as it comes and looking at he table you will know what is needed to stay in the top 2.
Every game is a cup final now, so get out there and express yourselves!
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Good to have a few more options available, I'm especially keen to see what Brown can bring to the team. We've waited long enough, hope he's not a damp squib!

6 off Bolton and QPR and I'd be happy with a point from the baggies game.

Abrahams is a w**ker, end of story. A vacuous no-mark saying stuff to be controversial, everyone knows he's a joke.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Good morning! Looking forward to seeing Berardi back, and to seeing what Brown can offer. Hopefully Bamford will find a run of form now, to give us that clinical edge. It's got to be 7 points from the next 3 to stay in the chase for automatic.

Anyone still waffling on about a points deduction and cheating is just making themselves look an arse.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Beradi won't get past Ayling or Pontus to start anytime soon, he'll be a bench player going forward and may not see much game time at all.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Good to see injured players are returning

Spygate is over, can we stop talking about it or posting someone's irrelevant comments about it - please. Besides which 'Talk sport journalist' is an oxymoron. And the bloke is no doubt delighted by any angry response he gets from Leeds fans. Starve him of oxygen and ignore him.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Always liked Michael Gray as a footballer, one of our best loan signings

As for Talksport I never listen to their station due to the likes of Moose/Collymore/etc

Good to have Berardi, Dallas & Brown on the bench although if Izzy fails to regain the form we know he is capable of our attacking options will be even more light-weight especially with Roofe & Clarke on the sidelines.

3 points v Bolton is a must
Hopefully we can at least gain a point down at Loftus Road, 3 points would make our position much more comfortable.
We mustn't lose the West Brom game.

5 or 6 points not a disaster, 7 points would be good, over the moon if we acquired all 9 points in our next three games
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:59 am

Anyone still waffling on about a points deduction and cheating is just making themselves look an arse.
Nicely put!