Fat Frank To Chelsea?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Fat Frank To Chelsea?

Post by Cjay »

Apparently Chelsea power people have met and identified 2 possible replacements for Maurizio Sarri.

3 time European winning manager, Footballing Great Zinedine Zidane . . .

And Frank Lampard :oops:

I know he is a club legend but he hasnt done a great job at Derby, not a bad job but surely no where near enough to get the Chelsea job?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Fat Frank To Chelsea?

Post by 1964white »

The decline of Chelsea FC :lol:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Hope he goes. It'd be hilarious.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:10 pm Apparently Chelsea power people have met and identified 2 possible replacements for Maurizio Sarri.

3 time European winning manager, Footballing Great Zinedine Zidane . . .

And Frank Lampard :oops:

I know he is a club legend but he hasnt done a great job at Derby, not a bad job but surely no where near enough to get the Chelsea job?
Wouldn't surprise me to see Chelsea go for Lampard in a similar way that they brought an ex club legend back in Roberto DiMatteo to steady the ship and get the club going back to doing what they did when they were successful. Similar also as to how MU brought in OGS to get back to playing the 'United' way etc. Gets the fans onside and the players get to play with a bit more freedom as they move along from a more disciplinary type manager. You then re-assess in the summer. RDM won them the champions league and OGS has exceeded expectations too so suddenly you find yourself in a nice dilemma in the summer with things having gone better than expected.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I can do the Chelsea training ground if he signs...it's about 12 miles away in Cobham ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:50 pm Wouldn't surprise me to see Chelsea go for Lampard in a similar way that they brought an ex club legend back in Roberto DiMatteo to steady the ship and get the club going back to doing what they did when they were successful. Similar also as to how MU brought in OGS to get back to playing the 'United' way etc. Gets the fans onside and the players get to play with a bit more freedom as they move along from a more disciplinary type manager. You then re-assess in the summer. RDM won them the champions league and OGS has exceeded expectations too so suddenly you find yourself in a nice dilemma in the summer with things having gone better than expected.
True i suppose Chelsea may have looked at what RDM did for them before and OGS for Scumchester now.

Hope that Lampard can replicate that (thought RDM was very harshly treated tbf).

But both OGS and RDM had far more managerial experience at the time.

OGS has managed in the Prem (he was deadful but even so he had experience). He also had experienced success in Norway, 2 league titles and a cup plus a very successful spell as the Reserve manager at the Red lot winning things.

RDM did a great job at MK Dons, beaten playoff team in his 1st season (only).

Then took WBA back to the prem at the 1st attempt finishing 2nd.

Lampard has done none of that, no experience to speak off whatsoever aside from this season, dont think he even coached at a youth level.

Id be surprised if Chelsea did it.
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:41 pm Hope he goes. It'd be hilarious.
My thoughs exactly :lol:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:36 am Lampard has done none of that, no experience to speak off whatsoever aside from this season, dont think he even coached at a youth level.

Id be surprised if Chelsea did it.
i think a lot of chairman underestimate the role of the manager thinking that any ex player can simply walk into the job and do well, especially club legends such as Zidane, Guardiola and Lampard - albeit ZZ and PG had both coached their club under age groups. What Bielsa at Leeds has shown is how a good manager can make a huge difference in taking the same group of players that had failed miserably and looked awful under a manager with limited experience.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:06 pm I can do the Chelsea training ground if he signs...it's about 12 miles away in Cobham ...
:rol:
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

Looks like Hazard and Kante will be on their way out the door now too -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47329293
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chelsea have been banned from signing new players in the next two transfer windows for breaching Fifa rules in relation to the international transfer and registration of players under the age of 18.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

3 defeats in a row.

No league win in 4.

Battered by a Villa side that weren't in good form, Derby had 3 shots, 3 shots!!!! None on target.

3 points outside the playoffs.

A huge group of teams within 3 points of them.

Derby had 60 points this time last season.

Talk on the Derby forum that this was a transitional season, but no way did they expect to go backwards.

Maybe Frank isnt the great manager Sky think?

Maybe he will go the same way as his Sky brethren, Henry and Neville and get sacked.

Maybe he should do more analysis.

Chelsea job :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lampard was the reason why I didn't have the rams to finish in the top six at the beginning of the season
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Celebrity status only gets you so far, it seems. Beginning to look like a daft appointment at championship level.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I have an image of a paranoid Frank sat behind a bank of monitors, showing live images of the bushes around the Derby training ground ...top button undone, tie halfway down, big pot of coffee on the desk as Frank keeps up his 24 hour a day vigil for spies ...

"They're out there you know..that bloody Bielsa won't catch me out again...will they Shirley" Turns to large stuffed teddy bear in an old Chelsea shirt sat in the armchair in the corner ....
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:18 pm I have an image of a paranoid Frank sat behind a bank of monitors, showing live images of the bushes around the Derby training ground ...top button undone, tie halfway down, big pot of coffee on the desk as Frank keeps up his 24 hour a day vigil for spies ...

"They're out there you know..that bloody Bielsa won't catch me out again...will they Shirley" Turns to large stuffed teddy bear in an old Chelsea shirt sat in the armchair in the corner ....
While Jody Morris is in a laundry basket middle of the training ground just in case . . . .
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Derby's results have been exceptional since they improved security so other teams can't watch them in training.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Cjay wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:04 pm 3 defeats in a row.

No league win in 4.

Battered by a Villa side that weren't in good form, Derby had 3 shots, 3 shots!!!! None on target.

3 points outside the playoffs.

A huge group of teams within 3 points of them.

We all do analysis Cjay! :roflmao:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Mel Morris wanting to sell the club if they don't get promoted, according to the Daily Fail. Allegedly losing £3m a month; no pressure, Frank.

As the Square Ball observed, we all do haemorrhaging money.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

weasel wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:02 am Derby's results have been exceptional since they improved security so other teams can't watch them in training.
:lol: :lol: :lol: