Missed out on this talent.....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Missed out on this talent.....

Post by 1964white »

This is the pace James would have given our team, quality finish too !

The type of signing which would make a difference on that evidence

Massive shame !
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: Missed out on this talent.....

Post by Ratscoot »

That’s why they were prepared to pay all that money for him
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Huw Jenkins as a lot to answer to

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:15 pm This is the pace James would have given our team, quality finish too !

Massive shame !
There was another occasion where the last man had to take him out, when on a similar run, leading to a red card for the Brentford defender. He would have been a tremendous asset to us for the run in.

Angus Kinnear has stated that he is still our No. 1 target for the summer, however I can see a few Premier clubs being interested after that performance. Hopefully, we will be one of them.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Thats what happens when your cheap.

Fair play to Huw Jenkins, was a stupid deal for Swansea and he knew it.

If we were serious we should have just said £8mil up front there it is.

To piss about all transfer window and not get a winger for the 2nd window in a row was amateur and cheap, there is no getting away from the fact Radz does things on the cheap when it comes to transfers
Last edited by Cjay on Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:14 pm There was another occasion where the last man had to take him out, when on a similar run, leading to a red card for the Brentford defender. He would have been a tremendous asset to us for the run in.

Angus Kinnear has stated that he is still our No. 1 target for the summer, however I can see a few Premier clubs being interested after that performance. Hopefully, we will be one of them.
Will he cost us more dosh Gandi ?
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:38 pm Will he cost us more dosh Gandi ?
Possibly, if we get into an auction with Prem clubs.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:38 pm Thats what happens when your cheap.

To piss about all transfer window and not get a winger for the 2nd window in a row was amateur and cheap, there is no getting away from the fact Radz does things on the cheap when it comes to transfers
:clape: :clape: :clape:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Cjay wrote:Thats what happens when your cheap.

Unfortunately there's no argument against that, I just hope it doesn't come back to bite AR on the derriere !

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:15 pm This is the pace James would have given our team, quality finish too !

Massive shame !
Nice goal but what club has ever has that many upfield players when playing us?

Leeds playere never get allowed the space to run into.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

Posted a while ago how good this lad was and how highly rated he was down here, what a miss
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

You can see a mile off what happened.

Bielsa wanted some pace, a winger, someone to replace Saiz, he probably wanted both given how complimentary he was about Saiz, but he compromised.

Radz knew the Swansea owner, one of them, asset strippers extraordinaire.

Radz- Victor, have you shown Bielsa the list of targets you found fitting what he wanted?

Victor- No (shows the list) ive spoken to some contacts and this one would cost X amount this one this etc.

Radz- Dan James, have you spoken to Swansea?

Orta- Not officially but my contact says we could get him for this amount.

Radz- Hmm they all seem expensive but maybe Steve can help, i will go to him directly. Meanwhile sell James to Bielsa, i see an opportunity here.

Start of January.

Radz- How much you want for Dan James.

Steve- Give us £8mil.

Radz- no to much, how about £5mil paid in yearly installments.

Steve- Tell you what for a mate, wait till the final knockings, offer us a loan with the loan fee of £1.5mil paid in June with the other £7mil if you get promoted in one lump sum.

Radz- Hmm that means it costs us nothing till the summer and then only a small fee, we should recoup that through Saiz going to Getafe anyway, the larger fee will only be a drop in the ocean if we get promoted, deal.

January 30th.

Radz- ok Steve here you go, this is what you asked for.

Steve- Thats cool, then i can say we did all we can etc etc best deal etc etc.

Huw- Have you lost your fricken mind Steve?

Steve- Shh Huw grown ups are talking.

They send James to Leeds, Huw is still seething.

January 31st 5pm.

Steve calls Radz.
Steve- Here listen Huw is being a pain, how about £750k now to shut him up.

Radz-Deal, we've saved about that with Blackman and Baker going back to Chelsea and Saiz to Getafe.

Steve tells Huw who realises this is taking the piss and digs his heels in.

Huw ignores all contact, deadline passes.

Radz knows he has fooked up sends Kinny out to do a PR job, has a word with James agent who agrees to back Radz on the basis his client is still keen on the move.

Leeds tell the media Bielsa wanted only Dan James and we did everything we could.

Bielsa being a good egg and not wanting to create drama keeps his counsel.

Huw Jenkins resigns in disgust.

Radz looks like the injured party caught up in politics of another club.

Really he was trying to take advantage of a personal relationship and royally shafting Swansea FC in the 1st place.

We got what we deserved as far as I'm concerned, if we wanted a winger they were about if you pay, we tried to take advantage of another club rather then just pay a fair price.

We lost out on Jozefzoon because we were to cheap and indecisive, we lost out on James because we were to cheap, you dont get unlucky twice, you get what you deserve imo.
Last edited by Cjay on Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:23 pm Unfortunately there's no argument against that, I just hope it doesn't come back to bite AR on the derriere !

I hope not.

Pinning my Hopes on Jack Clarke and Izzy Brown.
Signed

King Cjay

Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:15 pm You can see a mile off what happened.

A load of rubbish.
Phil Hay has said that Swansea wanted James for the games that month, so were unlikely to sell before deadline day. Leeds met their demands, only for them to be changed... so we met those demands... only for them to be changed... and so on. We met every set of demands and had a deal agreed, medical passed etc by 4 or 5pm that day, but then the chairman just stopped picking up his phone and refused to sign off on it.

Same happened with Fer going to Villa, so it's not an issue with Radz/Orta/Kinnear, it's on Swansea.

If the EFL find us in breach of some kind of fluffy 'good faith' rule, then we should go after Swansea with both barrels because I don't think blocking a deal at the stage where it only required a signature is acting in good faith with regards to your competitors...

"Bielsa being a good egg..." is a bit of a far-fetched statement, considering he's walked out on clubs for less! We had 2 priorities in the window and got 1 of those, with another stopped on the line. I doubt Bielsa would still be here of he didn't feel he was being backed.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

As we don't have all the facts I think it is always best to simply blame our owners.

The same people who managed to negotiate a deal with Real Madrid and pick up a keeper for free that they paid £5m for. Seems we kept agreeing to Swansea's constantly changing demands, which were simply a stalling process as they had lots of deals lined up but ultimately had preferred deals that they wanted to get done.

Some great businesspeople we have on here - would simply pay what the other team wants no matter what.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Of course it would have been nice to get him, but by most accounts we did our best.

I can understand people complaining about our recruitment policy if we were mid-table or lower, or even just fighting to make the play-off zone, but we are top of the league with our current squad.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

This was down to Swansea who renneggged on the deal.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Indeed. The last deal that we seemed to have agreed to was a horrendous deal for us. A loan deal, costing us between £1m to £2m but no guaranteed deal at the end of it unless we were promoted. Easily could have turned into a very expensive deal for us and nothing to show at the end of it.

When looking at the goal he scored against Brentford do you really see him being able to do the same for Leeds when even promotion chasing sides, such as Boro, park the bus against us in their home games.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Genghers wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:36 am Phil Hay has said that Swansea wanted James for the games that month, so were unlikely to sell before deadline day. Leeds met their demands, only for them to be changed... so we met those demands... only for them to be changed... and so on. We met every set of demands and had a deal agreed, medical passed etc by 4 or 5pm that day, but then the chairman just stopped picking up his phone and refused to sign off on it.

Same happened with Fer going to Villa, so it's not an issue with Radz/Orta/Kinnear, it's on Swansea.

If the EFL find us in breach of some kind of fluffy 'good faith' rule, then we should go after Swansea with both barrels because I don't think blocking a deal at the stage where it only required a signature is acting in good faith with regards to your competitors...

"Bielsa being a good egg..." is a bit of a far-fetched statement, considering he's walked out on clubs for less! We had 2 priorities in the window and got 1 of those, with another stopped on the line. I doubt Bielsa would still be here of he didn't feel he was being backed.
Fer failed his medical apparently, which is why he hasnt been playing, nobody pulled the plug.

That was the line Phil was fed, more likely Swansea never wanted to sell him and Radz was in negotiations with the wrong person, trying to use his personal relationship rather then contacting the Chairman directly, he was probably getting information 2nd hand which clearly pissed him off.

Swansea fans said all window that they needed to get the high earners gone, Bony especially and once that happened then James would stay. Imo thats what happened, Jenkins knew that with Bony gone there was no reason to let James go and dug his heels in.

Looking at the deal it was ridiculous, Jack Clarke being loaned to a league rival for a pittance paid in the summer, we'd be livid if that happened, i credit Jenkins for clearly standing up to the idiots who dont have Swansea FCs best interests at heart.

If we wanted James then we should have gone to Jenkins directly and offered them a fair price, not the idiot who is Radz mate, Jenkins was the man to talk to, maybe if wed done that this wouldn't have happened.

As it was we lowballed and Jenkins knew that.

Bielsa admitted the squad was weaker without Baker and Saiz, he also was adamant he only wanted better players then those who left, players plural, James was the only player the club and Bielsa agreed on, is that because thats all that Bielsa wanted despite by his own admission having a weaker squad then before, or was that because thats all the club would be willing to pay for, bearing in mind Radz has never shown any willing to allow transfers to go to high.

We will know more in the summer imo, if we dont go up thats when id expect Bielsa to be more honest, he is clearly grateful for the opportunity and has cut some slack to the club this season, letting Saiz go, Baker, not getting the winger we know he wanted in the summer.

He tends not to kick off mid seasob, its the summer when he does.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Again how can anyone say Baker was a loss, we have 10 better in the U23's ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"