A crick in the neck!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

A crick in the neck!

Post by 1964white »

Unsure how it happened

Went from normality to a pain in the neck within minutes

Trying to sleep is not great

A real pain the neck :lol:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: A crick in the neck!

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:27 am Unsure how it happened

Went from normality to a pain in the neck within minutes

Trying to sleep is not great

A real pain the neck :lol:

Did it happen when you saw our position in the league :)

Just kidding mate, I have chronic neck pain after surgery a few years back.

As you said trying to sleep is tough.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Trapped nerve? That happened to me, I just woke up one morning and there it was.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Not a crick in the neck but my back went on Saturday morning. I just made one quick movement to the left and suddenly couldn't stand up straight. So I've been on ibuprofin and ice packs since then. Didn't take houndie out until Wednesday, all seemed well yesterday so reduced the ibuprofin and didn't ice pack, and this morning when I got up.....back to square one! Can't stand up straight and in pain so back on the ice pack and ibuprofin!!!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:38 am Trapped nerve? That happened to me, I just woke up one morning and there it was.
Feels like a trapped nerve Sara
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:31 am Did it happen when you saw our position in the league :)
:lol: :lol:
Irish Ian wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:31 am Just kidding mate, I have chronic neck pain after surgery a few years back.
As you said trying to sleep is tough.
That must be constantly unpleasant for you Ian
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:35 am Not a crick in the neck but my back went on Saturday morning. I just made one quick movement to the left and suddenly couldn't stand up straight. So I've been on ibuprofin and ice packs since thenDidn't take houndie out until Wednesday, all seemed well yesterday so reduced the ibuprofin and didn't ice pack, and this morning when I got up.....back to square one! Can't stand up straight and in pain so back on the ice pack and ibuprofin!!!
Not good Swannie

Using the same medication plus a hot water bottle, now have a scarf round my neck :)
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Severe back pains that come on unexpectedly in Finland are called "witch's arrows"
Wouldn't be surprised if Delia has a LUFC voodoo doll and using needles to cause
discomfort to Leeds fans.
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:40 am Not good Swannie

Using the same medication plus a hot water bottle, now have a scarf round my neck :)
Hope it is a Leeds Scarf!! :) :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Sheff Utd are a pain in the neck, they won't back off and let us and Norwich go up without any fuss
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:40 am Not good Swannie

Trouble is when you crick your neck, you compensate for the pain, sometimes ending up with another injury :(

Hope it's a Leeds Utd scarf you're wearing 64..... :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:56 am Sheff Utd are a pain in the neck, they won't back off and let us and Norwich go up without any fuss
:rol: Even though I'm iin agony
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:43 am Severe back pains that come on unexpectedly in Finland are called "witch's arrows"
Wouldn't be surprised if Delia has a LUFC voodoo doll and using needles to cause
discomfort to Leeds fans.
That explains it! :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:38 am Trouble is when you crick your neck, you compensate for the pain, sometimes ending up with another injury :(

Hope it's a Leeds Utd scarf you're wearing 64..... :)
Sadly not Swannie just one of casual scarves, I have a collection of them in my drawers.

Leeds scarf is reserved for games
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:36 am Feels like a trapped nerve Sara
Are you getting pains down one side as well? That happens when the disc presses on the nerve. I had to have physio and work on pushing my chin back. When you feel the pain back in the centre of your neck, then you know the pressure is off the nerve. It's totally curable, but painful until you get it sorted, if that's what it is.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:10 am Are you getting pains down one side as well? That happens when the disc presses on the nerve. I had to have physio and work on pushing my chin back. When you feel the pain back in the centre of your neck, then you know the pressure is off the nerve. It's totally curable, but painful until you get it sorted, if that's what it is.
:shock: That sounds so painful.....and complicated....ouch :(
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:53 am :shock: That sounds so painful.....and complicated....ouch :(
It's difficult to describe without pictures, but if you hold your head too far forward, the vertebrae in the neck can push the disc back onto the nerve. You have to work on the alignment of the vertebrae to get the disc back in place.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:56 am Sheff Utd are a pain in the neck, they won't back off and let us and Norwich go up without any fuss
:roflmao: we just need a 6 point buffer on 3rd and the nerves will be scaled down.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

leedsmad wrote: Image we just need a 6 point buffer on 3rd and the nerves will be scaled down.
...with 1 game to go

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:37 am :lol: :lol:

That must be constantly unpleasant for you Ian

Went out earlier after forgetting to take some of my meds..

Damage case by lunchtime as I could hardly lift my head.

Ok now after a couple of tramadol though :tup:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa