The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 15th February)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 15th February)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Robbie Gotts has been handed an extension to his contract that will see the versatile youngster stay at Elland Road until the end of the 2019-20 season.

Gotts, who can play as a full-back or a winger, has been a regular for the U23's this season.

Dwight Gayle will serve a two-match suspension with immediate effect after accepting a charge for ‘Successful Deception of a Match Official’.

It followed the awarding of a penalty in the 89th minute of West Brom’s game against Nottingham Forest in the Championship on 12/02/2019.

Obviously, he'll be back for the Leeds game!

Who would you say was our most under rated player this season is?

Who has been the most disappointing player this season?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 15th February)

Post by HarryofOz »

G'day EB and all

Cooper is our most underrated player in my opinion, though Alioski is also up there.

Not sure anyone has really disappointed. Maybe expected a bit more from our loanees from EPL clubs, but that was more an assumption than knowing anything about them.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Dear Sir,
I note that Dwight Gayle has been unjustly punished by the FA
for ‘Successful Deception of a Match Official’. Well Sir, are we living
in the dark ages where antiquated rules still exist... where directives,
laws, statues, edicts, canons, and mandates can be conjured up out
of thin air to punish the innocent. This verdict has no place in the
modern game of football, and it smacks of a jingoistic knee jerk reaction
to appease the consciences of the guttersnipe press, and the TV pundits
who fuss and fume that such deception has no part in the modern game.
The tactics used to procure such a harsh two match ban and deprive Mr Gayle
of remuneration as a professional footballer shows a deplorable
contempt for the inventiveness that is so necessary in modern football to
keep it exciting and entertaining. I ask that the FA overturn this verdict immediately

Disgusted - Royal Tunbridge Wells
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Morning EB1 and Everyone,

I've never seen Robbie Gotts play but obviously he is doing enough to get a contract extension.
The fact that it's only one year suggests that it's make or break for him next season to get into the first team.

Dwight Gayle's punishment is deserved in my opinion.
So, he misses two away games at Villa and QPR. Let's hope they drop some points in those two.

Who in our squad is under rated?
Maybe Alioski is better than I have sometimes given him credit for? You definitely can't fault his work rate and he hasn't missed a game this season.

Jack Harrison has been the most disappointing.
I expected much more from him as he scored 16 goals in a season in the MLS but for the most part this season he has been poor.
He had a better game on Tuesday though but as a winger I would like him to take people on more in the same way Jack Clarke does.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Robbie Gotts has been handed an extension to his contract that will see the versatile youngster stay at Elland Road until the end of the 2019-20 season.

Don't really know anything about him but seeing as he is a regular for the U23s he must be doing something right, although don't think he has been named in a first team squad so maybe not.

Dwight Gayle will serve a two-match suspension with immediate effect after accepting a charge for ‘Successful Deception of a Match Official’.

2 match ban is a ridiculously low punishment given that his actions 'earned' WBA a point. As such he, and the club, will feel that they were right to do what they did as they have gained a point and even though they lose him for those matches they will still be able to field 11 players. As such a meaningless ban and Gayle will certainly not regret his actions.

The FA needs to start hitting players hard with 6 match bans - that is the only way to stop players doing it. Increase the bans further for repeat offenders too. They also need to stop the ridiculous situation whereby if a referee spots the dive and books the player then that is the end of it. It is the same offence so ban those players too.

Who would you say was our most under rated player this season is?

Cooper. Solid season but some fans will always jump on him if he makes a mistake.

Who has been the most disappointing player this season?

Forshaw. Seems to have been hit by the curse of looking good when joining us in January and then being sh*t the following year. He seems most suited, ability wise, to being the defensive midfielder but seems to think he is some sort of box to box midfielder being able to create and score. He isn't. His best attributes are winning the ball and keeping possession with short passes. The phrase 'neat and tidy footballer' springs to mind.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Re Gayle, a 2 game ban is nonsense . I can imagine what managers will be thinking if they need a goal from somewhere ; send non influential Billy No Mates up front to con a penalty, we won't miss him for 2 games.
At least Gayle has brought media attention on himself for the wrong reasons and his reputation hopefully will now go before him and refs will be less willing to award him anything if it's at all doubtful. I watched him against Forest and every time he was challenged from behind he went down claiming a free kick but I find it amazing that when he scores he can carry all his team-mates and the fans on his back whilst doing 20 press-ups on one hand... unbelievable. In case know one had noticed..I DO NOT LIKE THIS AR*SE*OLE !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:10 am Good Morning Everyone
Gotts, who can play as a full-back or a winger, has been a regular for the U23's this season.
Gotts looks a really good prospect
Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:10 am Dwight Gayle will serve a two-match suspension with immediate effect after accepting a charge for ‘Successful Deception of a Match Official’.

It followed the awarding of a penalty in the 89th minute of West Brom’s game against Nottingham Forest in the Championship on 12/02/2019.

Obviously, he'll be back for the Leeds game
Two game ban is a general for this type of offence. (More if a Leeds player)
Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:10 am Who would you say was our most under rated player this season is?
Difficult one !

Phillips, Cooper, Roofe & Klich have all improved significantly under Bielsa & are generally given much credit by the majority of our fans this season

I would say Alioski as he has still had a bit of stick this season from his doubters including myself but it seems to have overcome all the criticism regularly putting in consistent performances of late
Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:10 am Who has been the most disappointing player this season?
I'm a Ayling fan but I do think he hasn't been the same player since his injury although I though he had a decent game v Swansea up until his daft challenge nearing the final whistle.

Forshaw, you know my thoughts on AF. After watching Phillips all season putting in some masterclass performances I never thought he was capable of it's difficult for me to enthuse about Forshaw who is a decent sort but offers little defensively or going forward imo!.
Yes his possession of the ball is good when he doesn't dwell on it too long but he provides nothing creative hence no assists & no goals
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Good player Gotts, bit surprised he hasnt had a chance yet.

Not enough, they should be deducting points of WBA, if a team benifits from a player charged with cheating then that benifit should be removed, and yes that would have gone for us vs Forest to, diving is a disease.

Ali, absolutely delighted for him, the amount of stick he has taken since he arrived was ridiculous, he has been an ever present and has only missed about 100minutes of our league campaign. Mr Consistent now for the entire calendar year and one of our best players, creatively only Pablo is ahead of him. Just a freak of nature, how he runs as much as he does boggles the mind, substitutes who have come on in the final 15minutes have looked more tired then Ali has after playing 90. So Ali for me and then Coops who despite the occasional brain fart has been very solid.

Douglas imo, very disappointing.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom