The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 14th Feb)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 14th Feb)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone, and Happy Valentines Day!!!

Who forgot?

Who forgot once, and will never forget again???

Who thinks its a waste of money?

Leeds returned to the top of the table last night following what can only be described as the most one sided games where the scoreline does not reflect the result!
Untfitled-3.jpg
Untfitled-3.jpg (74.9 KiB) Viewed 2726 times
Yet again we dominated, but were unable to reflect that in the scoreline!

Where are we going wrong?

We conceded our sixth penalty of the season last night.

We don't help ourselves when players make such dreadful challenges in the box!

Leeds remain on their one penalty in 18 months!

Alioski is Leeds only player to participate in every game this season!

Is the Macedonian turning into our most consistent player this season?

Hibs have appointed Paul Heckingbottom as head Coach.

Heckingbottom has been out of work since 1st June 2018, when Leeds released him from his contractual obligations!

Wasn't Heck supposed to have been one of the big up and coming Managers?
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 14th Feb)

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning Ellandback

Always remember even if it is last minute :shhh:

We need to practice hitting the target and trying to avoid passing back to their keeper

The penalty situation is well proven to be an EFL conspiracy

Yes Ali is the new Beradi

Only in Barnsley
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Heckingbottom was the second best manager that Barnsley had last season.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Meh to valentine's day. Been there, done that.

As for the clinical thing, I don't quite see this wastefulness that people talk about. If it's a good enough chance, we'll probably score it with varying degrees of efficiency, like most clubs at this level. Each situation is unique, and there are too many factors to generalise.

Feel sorry for Hibs. They are my Scottish club of choice, and they deserve better. Are 'young, upcoming English managers' the latest must have accessory? Look no further than Stoke for how that pans out. Hibs should be sticking with Lennon.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Morning all,

For me the reason we have scoring issues is our line up. Prior to Bamford returning, we didnt play a proper Number 9. Roofe is good but i dont see him as a 20+ league goals player. Currently on a big dry spell as well which is worrying. Playing 1 up front who isnt a number 9 may mean a goal drought at times
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Dalton wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:43 am Morning all,

For me the reason we have scoring issues is our line up. Prior to Bamford returning, we didnt play a proper Number 9. Roofe is good but i dont see him as a 20+ league goals player. Currently on a big dry spell as well which is worrying. Playing 1 up front who isnt a number 9 may mean a goal drought at times
Bamford has never scored more than 20 goals in a season
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:51 am Bamford has never scored more than 20 goals in a season
Hey Harry,

Hate to nitpick but in the 2013-14 season he scored 25 goals across the season for MK Dons and Derby. Never done it for one club though.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

The stats say that we dominate possession every game which is misleading everyone to think that we should be scoring 3-4 goals each game but the biggest % possession is probably across the defence . Leeds spend a lot of time dilly dallying in their own half and actually missing good opportunities to catch the opposition off guard . There were a few occasions last night when Leeds had a clear chance to attack but declined and turned back towards their own goal in favour of possession . Well to me that's negative and shows a lack of confidence which gives the opposition a boost. Look what happened when Shacks came on, he runs at them with pace and they all back off. If there's an opportunity to attack then go for it. In terms of taking chances I don't think Leeds create many clear cut ones at all so there's more pressure to score the half chances which invariably aren't taken hence the reason why we struggle to put games out of sight . At least last night Leeds got the 2 goal advantage or I think we would have all been rueing Bamford missing his half chance header...or was it a clear cut chance ? Sorry about the elongated comment btw.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

As it stands Iwould be tempted with Shacks in favour of Ayling and use Clarke off the bench. Looking at all of our ratings doesnt take a genius to see Leeds best back 3 is Coops/Pontus and KP. DO NOT change that MB please
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:03 am Hey Harry,

Hate to nitpick but in the 2013-14 season he scored 25 goals across the season for MK Dons and Derby. Never done it for one club though.
Fair enough, thanks - not nitpicking, just a fact :)
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Our possession stats are only the result of us playing like the much maligned Reading under Stamm.