Leeds Utd v Swansea City Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Swansea

Poll ended at Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:27 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
No votes
2-2
No votes
3-3 or higher
No votes
Leeds by 1
36%
Swansea by 1
No votes
Leeds by 2
55%
Swansea by 2
No votes
Leeds by 3 or more
9%
Swansea by 3 or more
No votes

Total votes: 11

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Swansea City Match Thread

Post by HarryofOz »

I have just four things to say - Top of the League
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:51 am Ayling had the highest pass accuracy (95%) on the pitch, completing 42/44 passes.
Someone is having a laugh...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:12 am To be fair to Ayling who’s having a rough time of late, I thought his 2nd half performance, barring the silly penalty, was back to how he can play. He was getting forward regularly putting telling crosses into the box and he looked much more assured not losing the ball or playing silly passes into danger areas.
I agree Rich :tup: Ayling's game improved last night although he is still tentative with ball at his feet at times. His foul to give away the penalty was an act of a brain-dead footballer, absolutely no reason to make that challenge, all he had to do was to see the attacking player out as he was going nowhere in that position. His unnecessary action made it a nerve-wracking last six minutes for our team & fans, a position we should had never be in!
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:27 am I agree Rich :tup: Ayling's game improved last night although he is still tentative with ball at his feet at times. His foul to give away the penalty was an act of a brain-dead footballer, absolutely no reason to make that challenge, all he had to do was to see the attacking player out as he was going nowhere in that position. His unnecessary action made it a nerve-wracking last six minutes for our team & fans, a position we should had never be in!
Not forgetting G D could be crucial this season, it's so tight.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

SaraM wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:51 am Ayling had the highest pass accuracy (95%) on the pitch, completing 42/44 passes.
I’m with you - don’t think Ayling was as bad as the stick he is getting. Not at his best but not as bad as some are making out.

Also think Harrison was still by and large poor. Rewatched the goal and it was well taken but he’s had a decent run of games and just doesn’t offer enough, can’t imagine many opposition full backs worrying about the prospect of facing him, with his pedigree we should be seeing more.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Haighy wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:25 am Missed the first 25minutes due to horrendous traffic round Elland Road.
When i did get in i watched the remainder of the first half on the screen whilst guzzling a pie and soggy chips. 😫
We got in the ground with ten minutes to spare, no time for a beer :beer:

Traffic was horrendous !

All evening kick-offs should be 8pm as was the West Brom v Forest game on Tuesday, problem is 10,000's of football fans leave it far to late to arrive at football matches, gone are the days when supporters would be in the stadiums up to 90 minutes before the kick-off.

We have taken the decision for our coach to leave East Yorks 15 minutes earlier for the West Brom home game which is now scheduled on a Friday night
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:30 am Not forgetting G D could be crucial this season, it's so tight.
Indeed, with five minutes to go Norwich were losing 3-0 & we were leading 2-0 giving us a five goal pull back. Norwich score a late goal & the stupid actions of Ayling made it only a three goal difference on the night
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:46 pm My boy showed tonight what a class player he is & how important he is in Bielsa's set-up.

A win & a draw with KP in the DM/sweeper role since his return

I rest my case !

Leeds' record with KP in 2018/19:

Won 18, Drawn 7, Lost 6
Win Rate: 58%

Leeds' record without KP in 2018/19:

Won 1, Drawn 0, Lost 3
Win Rate: 25%
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

1964white wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:19 am Glad you enjoyed the game Lev

Now you've seen Phillips in the flesh & the way he strolls around the pitch with comparative ease of a top defensive midfielder. A class performer, you can see why the Leeds fans have labelled him 'Yorkshire's Pirlo'

Definitely too close to call between Pontus & Phillips for the MOTM, both faultless, perfection & a delight to watch

I agree with your whole summary of the game :tup:
Cheers, I really did.

Even got there early enough to get a couple a pints before the game. Only made it to the Peacock tho.

Yeh Phillips is class, been fantastic this season. except a couple a miss timed tackles here an there.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The only disappointment for me was not keeping the clean sheet or winning by a larger margin. Our goal difference was the best in the league and then we took a few poundings and only winning by the odd goal, despite dominating games. I suspect we'll drop down to third on Saturday due to our goal difference being worse than the Blunts'.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

KP's tackling can be a bit rash at times , in the old days we would have called it 'hard' and it would have been under the radar but with the powder puff players nowadays it's sometimes classed as dangerous but anyway that's another contentious issue.
KP is the one for sitting infront of the defence without a doubt. Forshaws's role, if he has one, is further upfield but I'd leave him on the bench practising pulling his socks up.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Since when was a control group of 31 equal to a control group of 4

It's one of the worst stats I've seen in recent times. No conclusion can be drawn..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:55 am Leeds' record with KP in 2018/19:

Won 18, Drawn 7, Lost 6
Win Rate: 58%

Leeds' record without KP in 2018/19:

Won 1, Drawn 0, Lost 3
Win Rate: 25%
Says it all Adam

A couple on our coach still believe Forshaw is just as effective as one of our top 3 players this season.🤔
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:39 am Says it all Adam

A couple on our coach still believe Forshaw is just as effective as one of our top 3 players this season.🤔
Probably his mum and dad :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SMH
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:37 am Since when was a control group of 31 equal to a control group of 4

It's one of the worst stats I've seen in recent times. No conclusion can be drawn..
Conclusions can be drawn we lost 3 games in a short period of time when KP was out of the team.

One of the first names on the team sheet for me, a class act under Bielsa's shrewd management
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:42 am Probably his mum and dad :lol:
:rol: :rol:
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

1964white wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:37 am We got in the ground with ten minutes to spare, no time for a beer :beer:

Traffic was horrendous !

All evening kick-offs should be 8pm as was the West Brom v Forest game on Tuesday, problem is 10,000's of football fans leave it far to late to arrive at football matches, gone are the days when supporters would be in the stadiums up to 90 minutes before the kick-off.

We have taken the decision for our coach to leave East Yorks 15 minutes earlier for the West Brom home game which is now scheduled on a Friday night
Biggest problem was the Valentine's fair taking up all the car park at the back of the West stand. 🤔🙂
But sod it... 3 points 😀😀
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

This was a lovely pick me up after 2 weeks of relentless illness. So glad to see Phillips back where he belongs, I still have a hard time believing he's so young.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

SG90 wrote:The only disappointment for me was not keeping the clean sheet or winning by a larger margin. Our goal difference was the best in the league and then we took a few poundings and only winning by the odd goal, despite dominating games. I suspect we'll drop down to third on Saturday due to our goal difference being worse than the Blunts'.
Yep, those late goals at ER & Preston mean Leeds are 2 worse off than Norwich as opposed to being equal. Leeds definitely need a few 2/3 nil results (in our favour of course) to get on par with SU and WBA. Can't imagine the feeling of not gaining automatic promotion because of an inferior goal difference. Image

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk