Middlesbro' v Leeds - MOTM

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Middlesbro' v Leeds - MOTM

Post by The Subhuman »

I think he's up there as one of the most improved though I thought he was a decent player last season (one of the very few not slagging him off). Roofe would be equal but that's more that he's playing in the position he's most suited for ..or was.

Beradi was top quality till the injury, he seemed to thrive under Bielsa but no idea if he gets his place back when fit this season. Cooper would probably be THE most improved player under Marcelo though for me
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:27 am Those voting Hernandez... What the hell were you watching?! Cost us the first goal and gave the ball away so often...

Roofe, kp and Cooper for me
These are the reasons why Hernandez got my 2nd vote.

Another player underestimated on here. Will probably win the Player of the Season on the O/S & deservedly so.

Pablo's stats whilst on the pitch for 45 minutes

More touches than all but three players on the pitch.
More passes than all but two and more in both respects than anyone in Middlesbro's side.
58 passes in the second half. No-one in Tony Pulis’ line-up, other than goalkeeper Darren Randolph, attempted more than 30.
9 of his 11 long-distance passes finding a teammate as the former Valencia winger stretched the play cleverly in search of an equaliser. The pressure had the desired effect when Kalvin Phillips nicked a 1-1 draw 10 minutes into injury-time.

Bielsa on Hernandez

“Pablo makes the game more fluid. “He has the skill to put the ball in the zone where it’s more difficult for the opponent to recover it. He has a very clear reading of the game and when you have games like this one, his calm and serenity help us a lot.”
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:47 pm For me Phillips is our most improved player this season, one of most important players too and a vital part of our team.
No issue people criticizing players, but sometimes players get written off by people, your correct with Ayling, his form is poor, didn’t make him a poor player, these guys are in the Championship for a reason, they all have talent, it’s consistency that they fall down on, I think at the moment, we have a few too many off form. This Leeds side is about the collective rather than individuals, if you can do what is asked of you by the coaches then they will back you.
I think Forshaw has qualities but the CDM role isn’t for him, I think he would do well in the Klich role if he was to miss a game, Phillips is vital to us as the CDM. Harrison I can’t defend, he’s been consistently average, looks nervous, if he could get a bit more self belief he could be a solid championship winger though.
I rest my case :lol:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:45 pm These are the reasons why Hernandez got my 2nd vote.

Another player underestimated on here. Will probably win the Player of the Season on the O/S & deservedly so.

Pablo's stats whilst on the pitch for 45 minutes

More touches than all but three players on the pitch.
More passes than all but two and more in both respects than anyone in Middlesbro's side.
58 passes in the second half. No-one in Tony Pulis’ line-up, other than goalkeeper Darren Randolph, attempted more than 30.
9 of his 11 long-distance passes finding a teammate as the former Valencia winger stretched the play cleverly in search of an equaliser. The pressure had the desired effect when Kalvin Phillips nicked a 1-1 draw 10 minutes into injury-time.

Bielsa on Hernandez

“Pablo makes the game more fluid. “He has the skill to put the ball in the zone where it’s more difficult for the opponent to recover it. He has a very clear reading of the game and when you have games like this one, his calm and serenity help us a lot.”
those stats don't show how often he gave the ball away and that he cost us the goal we conceded

forshaw always has great stats because he's passing the ball between cooper and jansson all the time, but makes at least a couple of big errors a game

hernandez definitely has more class than anyone else in our team but hasn't been any good for 4/5 games now for me, may play one great pass the whole game but we're effectively playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch defensive wise
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

I'd bum Phillips mom class

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Leon may faint when hears this (LOL) but I actually thought Alioski had a very good game too. Considering he was up against a much taller guy in Ryan Shotton, he won more than he's far share of aerial battles and gave absolutely everything for the cause on Saturday.

I would give MoTM to KP tho, the performance showed what we have been missing.

Hats off to the players, that second half was proper guts and they battled and battled before breaking that door down. Fully warranted the point and had it not been for a terrible miss from Bamford earlier, who knows we could have actually won.

It's the same old issue right now unfortunately, putting the ball in the net is taking something like 10 -15 shots !! Norwich yesterday were so clinical despite playing poorly in second half. We have to be much more lethal in that final third starting on Wednesday !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:07 am Leon may faint when hears this (LOL) but I actually thought Alioski had a very good game too. Considering he was up against a much taller guy in Ryan Shotton, he won more than he's far share of aerial battles and gave absolutely everything for the cause on Saturday.

I would give MoTM to KP tho, the performance showed what we have been missing.
Right choice for your MOTM Gurj

I had Alioski 3rd in my first six so I also thought our bleached blonde had a decent game :-D
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:55 pm Right choice for your MOTM Gurj

I had Alioski 3rd in my first six so I also thought our bleached blonde had a decent game :-D
Think your developing a soft spot for the Macedonian Maldini :oops: :o
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:02 pm Think your developing a soft spot for the Macedonian Maldini :oops: :o
Alioski has put in some decent performances of late Cjay

On current form your favourite player looks a better bet at LB than Douglas imo!

I do prefer Ali playing in that wing-back role than further forward
1964white

Post by 1964white »

30 Phillips
15 Jansson
14 Cooper
12 Alioski
12 Roofe
11 Hernandez
10 Bamford